Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2023, 16:45   #1141
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by axe_deo View Post
I would not recommend the Tucson Petrol. It's an underpowered engine not worthy of this car. Even the 1.5 turbo petrol(160ps power and 253nm torque) of verna has more power and torque than the Tucson petrol(156ps power and 192nm torque). The XUV7OO petrol is in another league with it's 200ps power and 380nm torque.
I agree and after moving from Honda City...I really felt the Petrol engine was underpowered . I really thought...as the cabin space is super premium and was thinking that I would almost finalised it but now I have been left with no other option but to consider the Kia Seltos and friends are saying MG . I do not want my budget to cross 35-36L OTR. Apologies to all the Petrol Tuscon friends but if it was slightly more powerful...I would have even paid 40L
gmalik30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 13:37   #1142

Got delivery of my Tucson Platinum (Petrol) last month (upgraded from Jeep Compass Petrol). Overall the experience has been very good. Petrol engine is not as bad as some people make it out to be. Yes, it doesn't have that punch, but, no car is perfect. It's buttery smooth, silent and a very good place to be in. LWB results in enormous leg room for all passengers and it's comfortable for 5 full sized adults.

However, I'm really disappointed with the BOSE music system. It has absolutely no soul and substance. Looking to upgrade it as I think a good music system is a must. I'm based in South Delhi, so if anyone has any recommendations for music system / dealer, please let me know. It would be a great help!

Thanks in advance. Let me know if any potential buyer has any questions, would be happy to help/
Ibracadabra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 10:27   #1143
BHPian

Hi, After the recent iOS/ Bluelink app update, I am unable to find the Trips section in the bluelink app. Anyone else facing a similar issue?

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-pic-1.png

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-pic2.png
Old 28th September 2023, 18:05   #1144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyes99 View Post
Hi, After the recent iOS/ Bluelink app update, I am unable to find the Trips section in the bluelink app. Anyone else facing a similar issue?
Go to status tab (middle icon in bottom bar) -> scroll down and click on vehicle management. This section has all the details including the trip info details
SourPai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 21:21   #1145
BHPian

Took a test drive of Tucson petrol today. Observations:

1. Engine is very refined and easy to drive in the city.
2. On highways if you are progressive with your input, the car accelerates clean.
3. If one mashes the right foot then the gearbox takes a while to choose the correct gear, but doesn’t take very long. And once it gets the right ratio, the acceleration is very good.
4. At high rpms it’s a sweet sounding engine, somewhat like a Honda 1.5 Vtec, felt good while reaching it.
5. Back seat space and boot is enormous!
6. AC is effective and ventilated seats are effective and noiseless.
7. Strangely, there’s a minor sound of petrol engine felt at standstill, on the move the cabin is well isolated from outside except for road noise.

Overall the drive was very comfortable but felt lacking in connection, SA mentioned insurance can be matched to the best quote, accessories worth 25k as a freebie and some dealer discount, a total of 1 lac off the on-road price. One more information he shared- Hyundai stops production of Tucson in November to avoid any year end discounts and depreciation.

Question for the community - assuming I am satisfied with petrol engine in Tucson, is it worth spending ~5 lac for Tucson platinum petrol over xUV700 petrol at AX7 L ? Or Mahindra is a better choice. Please share your opinions.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th October 2023 at 17:12. Reason: Capital letters
Old 28th September 2023, 23:20   #1146
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapien View Post
Q for the community - assuming I am satisfied with petrol engine in Tucson, is it worth spending ~5 lac for tucson platinum petrol over xuv700 petrol at ax7L ? Or mahindra is a better choice. Please share your opinions.
If you are satisfied with the petrol engine of Tuscon, then it is any day better than any other car in the segment. CKD quality, premium interiors, ample space, all the necessary features. Quality and features are better than XUV700, and sales support is better for Hyundai over Mahindra.
aseem23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 00:08   #1147
Distinguished - BHPian

I think it's high time tucson atleast get the turbo petrol engine on offer in seltos and alcazar now, it's funny how a car almost half the price has a better engine and almost all the features of Tucson.
AtheK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 05:11   #1148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
I think it's high time tucson atleast get the turbo petrol engine on offer in seltos and alcazar now, it's funny how a car almost half the price has a better engine and almost all the features of Tucson.
True, even the Alcazar used to have the same 2.0L petrol engine of the Tucson until last year, when they ditched it in favor of the new 1.5L Turbo Petrol. The Tucson is an international model and is best had with diesel here in India.

Kia and Hyundai have globally been offering value-for-money products for quite a long time now, so it isn't surprising to see all the luxury features percolating down to the Seltos/Creta from the Sportage/Tucson.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 06:48   #1149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapien View Post
Did a test drive if Tucson petrol at today. .
I have checked with a couple of dealers in Pune but they do not have a petrol Tucson available for a test drive. Do you mind sharing which dealer offered you the TD?
Old 29th September 2023, 07:55   #1150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I have checked with a couple of dealers in Pune but they do not have a petrol Tucson available for a test drive. Do you mind sharing which dealer offered you the TD?
You are right, none of the dealerships have Tucson petrol for test drive. It was Kothari Hyundai aundh, they had arranged their MDs car for test drive.

Note- I had requested test drive way long back ~3 months and asked them to call up whenever possible. This was just a one off arrangement, you can give it a try.
Old 29th September 2023, 09:31   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPai View Post
Go to status tab (middle icon in bottom bar) -> scroll down and click on vehicle management. This section has all the details including the trip info details
Thanks a ton! Thats really inside. It used to be on the main home page until a few days ago. zzOne click reach. II would love if it could also give mileage per trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Arsh Hyundai in Mumbai had a Petrol test vehicle. You could call them up if you are headed towards Mumbai anytime soon.
noyes99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 18:17   #1152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibracadabra View Post
Got delivery of my Tucson Platinum (Petrol) last month (upgraded from Jeep Compass Petrol). Overall the experience has been very good. Petrol engine is not as bad as some people make it out to be. Yes, it doesn't have that punch, but, no car is perfect. It's buttery smooth, silent and a very good place to be in. LWB results in enormous leg room for all passengers and it's comfortable for 5 full sized adults.

However, I'm really disappointed with the BOSE music system. It has absolutely no soul and substance. Looking to upgrade it as I think a good music system is a must. I'm based in South Delhi, so if anyone has any recommendations for music system / dealer, please let me know. It would be a great help!

Thanks in advance. Let me know if any potential buyer has any questions, would be happy to help/

I am too disappointed with the Bose system and sail in the same boat . Have finalised a Rainbow set up with Nakamichi DSP and Audio control amplifier . Going full active and getting done from Car plus in Delhi.
Old 3rd October 2023, 20:45   #1153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepu Sharma View Post
I am too disappointed with the Bose system and sail in the same boat . Have finalised a Rainbow set up with Nakamichi DSP and Audio control amplifier . Going full active and getting done from Car plus in Delhi.
Where is this in Delhi? And what’s the cost of upgrade
Old 3rd October 2023, 21:03   #1154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibracadabra View Post
Where is this in Delhi? And what’s the cost of upgrade
Cost you will have to check with car plus . This is Patparganj industrial area . I have my dsp hence cannot comment on cost. Mr Sumit Chawla is the person can speak to him please
Old 4th October 2023, 09:40   #1155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepu Sharma View Post
Just wondering if getting aftermarket audio set up will have any effect on the warranty? Can Hyundai deny warranty stating external wirings etc in case of any unfortunate event?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks