Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2022, 21:46   #391
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Hyundai Tucson design reminds me of Lamborghini Urus.

Attachment 2345197
Attachment 2345198

Somehow I'm not convinced with the pricing. I feel Hyundai is asking too much in the name of premium and brand image.

Here is the 'diesel' only comparison. I feel Jeep Meridian makes more sense as a all round family car. (Source : Carwale)
Attachment 2345201
None of these cars have the ADAS and safety features that the Tucson has. That alone is worth the price premium.

With the features that the Tucson offers, it should be compared with the Volvo XC40, and I think the Tucson is bigger? People here are comparing it to a Mahindra/Tata/MG/Alcazar etc, and saying that it is over priced.

Yes, from a consumer point of view all cars are overpriced in India, but the Tucson is still a great value for the safety rating and the features [safety, as well as driver comfort features] it provides.

Last edited by vb-saan : 19th September 2022 at 06:28. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Thank you!
nidhikapoor is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 11:19   #392

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
Congratulations! Wishing you many happy miles with your new car. Waiting to hear about your initial ownership experience.
Thankyou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathan1130 View Post
Congratulations! Wishing you an adventurous journey and more prosperity in the coming days!
Thankyou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post
Congratulations!! happy motoring!
Quote:
Watch 03:45 - 03:51 in this:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=0bbrKoJyKRA

and this short
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=yMzAhApecyI

It is supposed to be good
Thanks , having driven the car for roughly 500km till now i have no major issues with the headlights expect once when it was raining quite heavily and i was struggling to see the road(read potholes) clearly with not so adequate street lighting.

Other light relalted issues are the single reverse light and the rear turn indicators which are placed too low IMO.
bimmerboy26 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 11:53   #393

Hi All,

In past 2-3 days, I have got two leads of early delivery (within 2 weeks) vehicles from different dealers and locations for Tucson (petrol and diesel both). Has anyone else seen this trend elsewhere ?

Thought of sharing this to get some insights on what could be the reason for more cancellations or is it just that people are canceling in favor of other earlier available vehicle (like XUV etc). I have looked for more early ownership reviews but could not find any which could highlight any negatives that would be causing such cancellations.

On side note, my XUV delivery status is still showing Feb-Mar 2024 so I am still in hunt for Tucson. I have not pursued these leads due to disparity with model / colour choice.

Last edited by vvidhate : 19th September 2022 at 12:15. Reason: typos
Old 19th September 2022, 12:49   #394
Senior - BHPian

Question for anyone here, I inquired with the Hyundai showroom I visited a few weeks ago for a Test Drive as they didnt have a TD vehicle available at the time. All they have is the Petrol variant for TD and not the Diesel, upon inquiring why the Sales person replied Hyundai does not allow Diesel TD vehicles which didnt make any sense to me.
Is it simply a case of the dealer principal not wanting to spend the extra amount of money on acquiring a diesel variant of the Tucson over the Petrol or does Hyundai actually have some strange policy of petrol on TD cars?
Old 19th September 2022, 13:16   #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Question for anyone here, I inquired with the Hyundai showroom I visited a few weeks ago for a Test Drive as they didnt have a TD vehicle available at the time. All they have is the Petrol variant for TD and not the Diesel, upon inquiring why the Sales person replied Hyundai does not allow Diesel TD vehicles which didnt make any sense to me.
This is absolute non sensical reason given by the SA and yes, you are right it is due to Dealer having to spend extra amount in acquiring the Diesel vehicle. The polar opposite is happening in Pune . When I went for TD in Pune, I did not get any petrol vehicle. It seems all the dealers in Pune have acquired diesel vehicles only, anticipating it to be selling more compared to petrol one.
vvidhate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 14:42   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
My experience is from Hyderabad. There are few test drive vehicles that are rotating among dealers, and their showrooms. I have had to call up multiple times to find out where a diesel test drive vehicle is "today". Finally my sales advisor was able to get it from across the city and promptly informed me to come over for the test drive. I chose diesel, though petrol was also available for test drive at the same showroom.
You should try different dealers. It will be easier for the largest dealer with multiple showrooms to arrange a vehicle as compared to a dealer with 1 or 2 showrooms.

Quote:
I need some advice. I have got insurance quote for Tucson from multiple vendors. Below they are. IDV and features are comparable. Sundaram seems best value. Are they okay to go with?
I got Hyundai to match the quote from ICICI, also got them to drop the accessories as nothing meaningful is available with them as of now.

Last edited by shailendrakr : 19th September 2022 at 14:47. Reason: included another response
shailendrakr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 17:07   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailendrakr View Post
My experience is from Hyderabad. There are few test drive vehicles that are rotating among dealers, and their showrooms. I have had to call up multiple times to find out where a diesel test drive vehicle is "today".
This is common, mainly for slow selling models. In Bangalore one of the dealership had shared test drive cars of i20 N Line and i20IVT. So you need to book in advance and wait for those specific days.
Old 19th September 2022, 20:52   #398
BHPian

Quote:
I got Hyundai to match the quote from ICICI, also got them to drop the accessories as nothing meaningful is available with them as of now.
Is the coverage same or they dropped something (reduced IDV or removed Zero dep) to match the ICICI quote?
Old 19th September 2022, 23:00   #399

Anyone in Gurgaon / NCR who has booked the petrol Signature variant? Would like to get a perspective on delivery date committed, OTR price (negotiated) and dealer options.

Thanks in advance!
Old 19th September 2022, 23:09   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madagascar View Post
Is the coverage same or they dropped something (reduced IDV or removed Zero dep) to match the ICICI quote?
It is an apple to apple comparison. I got the comprehensive zero dep + return to invoice + engine protection + consumables quote from ICICI and Hyundai almost matched it. I decided to go with Hyundai.
shailendrakr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 10:33   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumbaya View Post
Anyone in Gurgaon / NCR who has booked the petrol Signature variant? Would like to get a perspective on delivery date committed, OTR price (negotiated) and dealer options.

Thanks in advance!
Hey, Dee Emm Hyundai dealerships across Gurugram seem to have good stocks coming in every fortnight. If you are able to commit to a quick confirmed buy, they will be happy to oblige with the available stock quite fast. I saw a White Signature Petrol being delivered on Sept 17th from the MG Road showroom.
BlackAdam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 10:40   #402
BHPian

Team, i need help wrt PDI. The dealer says the vehicle is allotted and asking me to pay the amount and the vehicle inspection post that (apparently in 2 days once the vehicle lands). Is this procedure normal or should one do PDI and then the payment? Please advise.

Thanks & regards,

Murali
Old 20th September 2022, 10:48   #403
BHPian

Hello All,

After being lurking in the shadows of this thread for quite a few days, happy to reveal that my Hyundai Tucson Signature Diesel in White, christened 'WhiteLight', has come home this weekend.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-20220917_134453.jpg

Yours truly in white with the family, and cousins.

--

A surreal buying experience from Dee Emm Hyundai in Gurugram made this absolutely outlier become my choice in just 5 days. While I had the Tucson in my Wishlist to replace my ageing i20, it was never a consideration owing to non-committals from Hyundai and the dealerships on deliveries. However, the stars aligned at the start of the month and I received a call on the 8th Sept from the MG Road Dee Emm Hyundai dealership of the said car's availability. Post price negotiations and booking on the 10th, the car was delivered on the 17th.

Best thing about this experience. Buying the car with no test drives, or physical lookouts. All thanks to Omkar's detailed review of the car and I was sold. The statement - "2.0L diesel engine is not just refined, but punchy too" sealed the deal for me. Thanks mate for making all this so easy for me.

The ODO just clocked 400kms yesterday, and a detailed ownership experience is in the works. Watch out for the Whitelight's adventures, shortly.

Last edited by BlackAdam : 20th September 2022 at 11:10.
BlackAdam is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 11:06   #404

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAdam View Post
Hey, Dee Emm Hyundai dealerships across Gurugram seem to have good stocks coming in every fortnight. If you are able to commit to a quick confirmed buy, they will be happy to oblige with the available stock quite fast. I saw a White Signature Petrol being delivered on Sept 17th from the MG Road showroom.
Congrats on your purchase!

Can you share who was the SA and what negotiations can be done?
Kumbaya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 11:08   #405
BHPian

Quote:
It is an apple to apple comparison. I got the comprehensive zero dep + return to invoice + engine protection + consumables quote from ICICI and Hyundai almost matched it. I decided to go with Hyundai.
+1

For me the Dealership (Dee Emm Hyundai), matched the lowest Policybazaar quote, and also threw in extra offers incl. unlimited claims per year (PB offered only 2 claims/year) + discount on consumables. Hence, went with the Dealer offer.
BlackAdam is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks