Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2022, 14:49   #451

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailendrakr View Post
The odo for my AWD diesel stands at just over 800 km which includes a 350+ highway drive. On the highway trip which includes a hilly area with lots of hairpin bends and slow traffic I averaged 15.5 kmpl. For additional context, my Ford Ecosport 1.0 petrol gave me an average of 14.5 kmpl on the same route.
On the Hyderabad ORR mostly at 100 kmph I average just above 18kmpl. In city I get about 13 kmpl. The sales advisor had stated that the 2WD diesel will give an economy of 2kmpl better than AWD diesel.
On a different topic, ADAS / front collision avoidance - I am using it with active assistance, i.e. the car will automatically apply brakes when it senses a possible collision. Any thoughts and experiences from fellow owners about this feature and how you are using it?
I have been using the ADAS front collision with active assistance on all this while, though the system has been very accurate in warnings and also applying brakes completely to bring the car to a halt, recent incidents (3 to be precise) have left me flummoxed as the car applied brakes completely with quite a bit of distance left with the car in the front, it was scary and unsafe as the cars behind me were quite close and thank god they were attentive.

Would like to know if any of the members have faced this issue during test drives or their respective ownership period.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikameya View Post
Does the car come with Hyundai Mats or have you purchased it from a dealer or outside? What are the accessories that are available from Hyundai or dealers?

Are you guys planning to PPF or Ceramic coating?
Hyundai mats were part of the accessories which i bought from them for 3500/-

I got my car protected by LLumar platinum ppf as i feel it is more suited to my usage compared to ceramic coating and 3M cr70 tints all around.

Last edited by Eddy : 27th September 2022 at 15:07. Reason: Merged. Please use the edit / multiquote functionality instead of back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread.
bimmerboy26 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 14:56   #452
pms
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

After lot of back and forth I decided to take the plunge - booked Tucson Diesel 2WD Signature model. As of now, SA has given a delivery timeline of 6 to 8 months which is fine with me as am not in any hurry.
Old 27th September 2022, 15:06   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puri.sarang View Post
Can the current owners (especially Diesel) provide officia info on running-in guidelines for Tucson. I plan to drive 600kms two days after my delivery, which is supposed to happen in coming weeks.
Checked with my SA, there is no such Running In recommended for Tucson Diesel. However, considering the car will be new (it is quite complicated with a lot of sensors, warnings, popups etc) and it takes time to get familiar, I would personally recommend to be below 100 KMPH at least first 1000 KM.
KrishKallapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 15:37   #454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post
.... would personally recommend to be below 100 KMPH at least first 1000 KM.
My understanding is that speed is not so much of an issue, engine RPM is. Usual recommendation is to stay below ~3500 rpm, and also avoid rapid acceleration or deceleration to let the brakes & tyres to 'bed in'.
itwasntme is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 15:44   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
My understanding is that speed is not so much of an issue, engine RPM is. Usual recommendation is to stay below ~3500 rpm, and also avoid rapid acceleration or deceleration to let the brakes & tyres to 'bed in'.
That's correct, Thanks a lot. However my recommendation was based on reaction time. Because there are too many things going on in the cabin with beeps, messages, popups etc, it is very distracting. So my personal view is that to account for that distraction and driver's own reaction time, it is better to drive in safe speed until we get familiar with it. Unless driver has had such an experience already.
Old 27th September 2022, 20:23   #456
BHPian

I am getting an error when trying to apply the OTA update. Any clue why this could be happening and how to solve it?

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_1665.jpg

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_1666.jpg
Old 27th September 2022, 22:32   #457
BHPian

Quote:
That's correct, Thanks a lot. However my recommendation was based on reaction time. Because there are too many things going on in the cabin with beeps, messages, popups etc, it is very distracting.
True! There are too many beeps and dings. One of them sounds exactly like the one used in planes when the seatbelt sign goes on. When I hear that one I am always waiting for the air hostess to make the announcement!
Other times I find myself checking and looking around to find out where I went wrong. Its like the car always seems unhappy with me for something, and I have to find out what that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboy26 View Post
though the system has been very accurate in warnings and also applying brakes completely to bring the car to a halt, recent incidents (3 to be precise) have left me flummoxed as the car applied brakes completely with quite a bit of distance left with the car in the front
I have the same experience. The first time a leading car stopped in the middle of the road, another behind it braked suddenly and slowed down, and my car braked too hard for my liking. I did understand why it happened, but would have preferred it to be a softer braking.
Another time there was a curve in the road, the car infront of me slowed down a bit due to the curve (it did not stop) but my car brought me to a grinding halt. I was plain lucky there was no one behind me. Having said that - do read the manual. It calls out that curves could be a problem for the ADAS system. It literally left me swearing at it, and my family looking at me questioningly to ask why I braked all of a sudden. It feels strange to have car that uses its own brain and does not do what you want it to do.

My suggestion to Hyundai or any manufacturer is to introduce another level between warning and active assistance:
  • warning only, let the driver do the work
  • reduce chances of collision and impact by 75%. This is soft braking unless driver brakes hard.
  • active assistance (100% prevent collision by hard braking which is the current approach)

I feel it is going to go one of these two ways for me:
1 - I will drive better. As I anticipate the movement of other vehicles on the road and determine my actions, I will start to anticipate the actions of my car as well and drive such that the car does not get annoyed with me
2 - I will turn off active assistance.

My odo is over 800 km now and I am determined to give the first option a serious try before moving to the second one.
shailendrakr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 23:51   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudiptaadhya View Post
I am getting an error when trying to apply the OTA update. Any clue why this could be happening and how to solve it?

Attachment 2362469

Attachment 2362470

I was told by my SA that updates are done only during service using an USB connection. OTA is not available to users.

Got the car I was waiting for patiently - my new Hyundai Tucson Diesel 2WD Signature

It was 2021 Sept when I called my friend at Trident Hyundai Bengaluru where all the story began and now I have the car I waited for in my portico!

Having owned VW Ameo for 5 years, I was looking for a comfortable car which has ample space for my family. Particularly my tall Son. When Kushaq and Taigun were announced, I was quite excited. However after the launch, equally disappointed with the cabin space. To top it, pricing was not convincing to me. Then came out the Gearbox, fuel pump and many more stories from the owners.

Incidentally couple of my relatives, who were owning Vento had to go through horrible experiences for their post warranty service. They ended up leaving the car at service station for upto 3 months!

So, with, the space requirement and a fear that I may end up in a similar Experience, I was in the market looking for a comfortable car. Remembered my friend and rang up. We discussed and he suggested that if I want a proper 5 seater SUV it has to be Tucson. By that time, I had seen the 4th Gen Tucson abroad and had read quite a lot about it. Since I had a car with me and not in a hurry, we decided to wait for 4th Gen Tucson to be released. And I waited, waited, waited...

Booking experience

In may 2022, I got a call from my friend, he said the car is launching why not prebook. I did so. The official unveil and launch happened following that. I was pretty lucky to have my friend there and was in the first batch to have the car allotted to me.

All the staff in Trident were fantastic, I would give them 20/10! The paperwork was done smooth. As per my preference, delivery was scheduled in Dashahara.

Delivery experience

Initially, we scheduled registration on 26th and delivery on 28th. However, we finished all the formalities well in advance so SA scheduled the delivery on 26th. Scheduled at 4:30 PM but Bengaluru traffic allowed me to reach there only by 5:30! SA explained everything very well. Photo op was done as per custom and my year long wait happily ended.

We then had to pass through Chock-a-block traffic to our preferred mandir for Pooja. It was 8:30 by the time we were done with the Pooja.

Thus started a new chapter with a much anticipated new member of the family.

I will write a separate ownership review.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-tucson.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th September 2022 at 12:18. Reason: back to back posts merged
KrishKallapur is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 00:49   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Got the car I was waiting for patiently - my new Hyundai Tucson Diesel 2WD Signature

Thus started a new chapter with a much anticipated new member of the family.
Congratulations on the new ride. Have been following your posts here. Hope you enjoy the car with as much enthusiasm as your posts.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 06:52   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailendrakr View Post

My suggestion to Hyundai or any manufacturer is to introduce another level between warning and active assistance:
  • warning only, let the driver do the work
  • reduce chances of collision and impact by 75%. This is soft braking unless driver brakes hard.
  • active assistance (100% prevent collision by hard braking which is the current approach)
Request owners to continue sharing their experience with ADAS.

I agree that active assistance should be disabled till you get used to their warning system and how it detects potential collision in various situations.

Lot of times, the vision we get with our eyes and calculation we make in India, will not be that easy with an automated system.
With ADAS, I'm more concerned about getting rear ended with active assist

On a different note, how does adaptive cruise control work when object suddenly comes in front. Does adaptive cruise control automatically engage active assist even if it is set to warning only mode?

Quote:
Super Congratulations . Wishing you many years of happy driving.

Looking forward to ownership experience.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 10:14   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Many congratulations on your new car and happy miles. Looking forward to reading the ownership review. Wishing many many miles in your new Tucson.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 28th September 2022 at 10:20. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
sethu.murali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 10:27   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
On a different note, how does adaptive cruise control work when object suddenly comes in front. Does adaptive cruise control automatically engage active assist even if it is set to warning only mode?
I think front collision protection and ACC are different and independent settings.
I have used ACC as well on Hyderabad's ORR where the lanes are clearly marked, and traffic moves fast with a limit of 100 kmph. The system works as designed. It slows down automatically then you have another vehicle obstructing you, and speeds up automatically when the obstruction is removed. You can control the distance between your car and the vehicle in front with a button on the steering wheel. While it works well, I have a challenge with this too. Many times we drive while anticipating the next moves of vehicles around us, and our own response. As an example, if I see that I will an opening to change lanes in a few seconds I may release the accelerator without braking, change lanes and go on. However, the system is designed to slow down significantly by applying brakes as it does not know what I am thinking and planning. Then you change lanes and it accelerates. The end result is that there is a lot of braking and acceleration.
Based on my experience, now I use it when I see a long free stretch of road with few cars, and I don't use it when I expect lane changes or many cars moving at different speeds.
The good thing is that turning ACC on and off is quick with the buttons on the steering wheel, while turning on and off front collision support requires you to use the screen and navigate menu options.

Last edited by shailendrakr : 28th September 2022 at 10:36. Reason: better words
shailendrakr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 11:31   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboy26 View Post
recent incidents (3 to be precise) have left me flummoxed as the car applied brakes completely with quite a bit of distance left with the car in the front, it was scary and unsafe as the cars behind me were quite close and thank god they were attentive.

Would like to know if any of the members have faced this issue during test drives or their respective ownership period.
Thanks
I do not own Tucson ,but from experience this is common, braking is always hard when using ADAS, have you tried reducing the distance setting from car in front?
Also it will sense traffic which is not directly in front but at a slight angle, adjacent lane for example.

Last edited by Sheel : 28th September 2022 at 12:40. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed. Thanks.
Old 28th September 2022, 11:59   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carevidence View Post
braking is always hard when using ADAS, have you tried reducing the distance setting from car in front?
Also it will sense traffic which is not directly in front but at a slight angle, adjacent lane for example.
I have not yet had an opportunity to use ADAS and ACC yet. However, what was explained to me:

1. The forward collision prevention always defaults to "apply brakes". You need to change it to "warning only" if you don't want braking. Every time you turn off the engine, it shifts back to braking.

2. It first gives you a warning before applying brakes. If you ignore the warning and don't press the brake pedal, the car takes over and applies hard braking. If you gently press the brake pedal and reduce the speed to safe distance, harsh braking will not happen (off course that means you are overriding it)

I will try these sometime soon and update.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 12th October 2022 at 16:06. Reason: Broken quoted tags
KrishKallapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 12:09   #465

Congratulations to all new Tucson owners. Waiting for your detailed ownership reviews :-)

BTW, is anyone planning to go for any dashcam? Does the inbuilt 360-degree camera records any events on its own or does it have any option to initiate manual recording?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks