Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2022, 22:48   #376
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailendrakr View Post
Here is some news. I had booked an AWD diesel top end in August with a tentative delivery in May 2023. The same date was reconfirmed by the dealer just 2 days back.
Right now I got a call from the dealer saying that a car has been allotted to me, and is being transported to Hyderabad. I can do a PDI in a week or so in their yard as soon as the car is unloaded from the truck. He says the allocation is by Hyundai and he doesn't have a say in it. Also says that the 10 month waiting period was a standard response along Hyundai's guidelines.
Is this sudden reduction in waiting period OK or is something fishy?
I don't have any communication from Hyundai yet.
Nothing fishy. Do not worry. I guess this same car was offered to me last week. Apparently, the White AWD was one of the first vehicles booked, by the MD of a TV News Channel with office near Kondapur. However, once the vehicle was dispatched from factory, the sales advisor was unable to contact the buyer. There was no response from the company/person who booked it. Since it was a corporate booking, that sales advisor wanted to allocate it to another corporate client and hence he called me. There is also a Black Petrol Platinum variant that is readily available with KUN (at least till last week).

I was specific that I needed the Starry Night Petrol Platinum ; so skipped both these offers.

Also the twist in my story is that since I wanted to vehicle at the soonest, and Hyundai is unable to commit anything on the delivery timelines, I have skipped the Tucson purchase for the time being and instead got a Seltos (hopefully delivery will be tomorrow) primarily for my wife. I will either consider the Tucson or stretch a bit further and go premium once things settle down in another 15-20 months.
Old 16th September 2022, 09:17   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Nothing fishy. Do not worry. I guess this same car was offered to me last week. Apparently, the White AWD was one of the first vehicles booked, by the MD of a TV News Channel with office near Kondapur. . . . There is also a Black Petrol Platinum variant that is readily available with KUN (at least till last week).
Quote:
Originally Posted by madagascar View Post
One was Phantom Black Petrol AT and another was Amazon Grey Diesel AT. That's what I could remember.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitdan View Post
I have booked it from the same dealer, and as everyone else is saying, the issue is a supply issue at Hyundai’s end and not necessarily a problem with the dealer.
Quote:
I saw a Polar White AWD in that list. That was the only AWD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudiptaadhya View Post
Which color? If white, could that be a factor?
I had booked an amazon grey diesel AWD, and that is exactly what the dealer is offering to me. Not white, but Amazon grey. I had booked it in my name personally, and last week I changed it to be a company lease.
I am getting mixed feelings I had expected to have at least 8 months to plan the finances and think things through. Now I have less than 8 days!
Old 16th September 2022, 10:07   #378
BHPian

Quote:
I had booked an amazon grey diesel AWD, and that is exactly what the dealer is offering to me. Not white, but Amazon grey. I had booked it in my name personally, and last week I changed it to be a company lease.
I am getting mixed feelings I had expected to have at least 8 months to plan the finances and think things through. Now I have less than 8 days!
You are a lucky man, I wish they gave mine too
sudiptaadhya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 11:19   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Is this sudden reduction in waiting period OK or is something fishy?
I don't have any communication from Hyundai yet.
There is nothing like it. What I realised from my booking experience is prioritisation is with the dealer. The way it is working is irrespective of online/offline booking, concerned dealers are allowed to give the priority list to Hyundai. Hyundai gives a quota of models every month to the dealers again I think based on dealer priority list with Hyundai. Then dealer will have a list of bookings against each model within the monthly quota. Dealer then gives priority and pushes to Hyundai, allocation happens accordingly.

So it will then depend on 3 things:
1. Quota allocated to the dealer - model wise
2. Number of people in the wait list for each model
3. Most important - your relation with the dealer. If you are influential/have long term relation you will get it early in priority.
KrishKallapur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 15:33   #380
BHPian

Funny thing - i got a call this morning from another dealer saying they can deliver in 2 weeks (blue diesel signature awd) as a client cancelled the booking.

I’ve never spoke to the dealer so I am pleasantly surprised. Are they using cancelled bookings to woo clients from other dealers?
Old 16th September 2022, 16:36   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudiptaadhya View Post
Funny thing - i got a call this morning from another dealer saying they can deliver in 2 weeks (blue diesel signature awd) as a client cancelled the booking.

I’ve never spoke to the dealer so I am pleasantly surprised. Are they using cancelled bookings to woo clients from other dealers?
Was it from Lakshmi Hyundai? They called me out of the blue today asking whether I was interested in the Tucson.
Old 17th September 2022, 08:59   #382
BHPian

Delivery date for my booking is now confirmed for 28th Sep. DSL Signature 2WD Amazon Grey.

Fastag - I was given option only with ICICI and KOTAK. No option for me to choose other banks or activate myself.

Insurance - Likely to go with own insurance.

Additional warranty - 4th year - 80,000 KMs for 15,523

Final price list:
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-screenshot-20220917-8.54.07-am.png  

KrishKallapur is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 09:06   #383
BHPian

Finally cobrother’s Signature AWD in the stockyard. Delivery post shradh .
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-3ce2817d969544538af02e6b0a3d4f67.jpeg  

abtyagi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 10:25   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post
Delivery date for my booking is now confirmed for 28th Sep. DSL Signature 2WD Amazon Grey.

Fastag - I was given option only with ICICI and KOTAK. No option for me to choose other banks or activate myself.

Insurance - Likely to go with own insurance.

Additional warranty - 4th year - 80,000 KMs for 15,523

Final price list:
Any idea on what's included in the 15k, standard fitment?
Old 17th September 2022, 10:35   #385
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations in advance. Looking forward to ownership review. On Fastag, you should be able to procure yourself right ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtyagi View Post
Finally cobrother’s Signature AWD in the stockyard. Delivery post shradh .
Looks nice in this shade. Congratulations

Lot of buyers would want to get that car delivered in festive season with lot of auspicious days coming
neel911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 10:53   #386

Quote:

Final price list:
When did you book it? Was it during pre-launch or after launch? I did the booking 3 weeks ago but have no clue about the tentative delivery date.
Old 17th September 2022, 11:05   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea on what's included in the 15k, standard fitment?
@samraat - I booked in May.

Standard accessories:
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-accessories.jpg  

Last edited by KrishKallapur : 17th September 2022 at 11:07. Reason: adding another quote
KrishKallapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 15:26   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
Was it from Lakshmi Hyundai? They called me out of the blue today asking whether I was interested in the Tucson.
It was blue hyundai. Booked it today, car should be available for PDI in 2-3 days. VIN and engine number have been allocated to me.

As a side note - the VIN is 17 char. How do we check the mfg month / year? The BHP website with VIN decode says that the 19th char should be month, but there are only 17 chars.
Old 18th September 2022, 18:32   #389

Have anyone tested the power of Tucson's Headlamp during your test drive? Except for 2 Youtube videos recorded outside India, couldn't able find any details about that.
Old 18th September 2022, 21:45   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samraat View Post
Have anyone tested the power of Tucson's Headlamp during your test drive? Except for 2 Youtube videos recorded outside India, couldn't able find any details about that.
Watch 03:45 - 03:51 in this:

and this short

It is supposed to be good
KrishKallapur is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks