Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2022, 00:34   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post
Was it blue Hyundai? I had similar experience there. Went with my friend and we spent at lest 10 minutes playing with the Tucson on display. Nobody bothered to ask what we were interested in. When we asked test drive, they simply said we are not giving any test drives.
And that’s partly true too. Tucson sales are done only by premium dealerships. But other dealers also get the display car (atleast old Tucson) but they don’t deal with sales or have test drive vehicle. So not sure about this particular dealership, but that might be a reason too that they are pushing for other cars.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 10:51   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
- Felt the sound system to be satisfactory and not out of the world when compared to my 2012 Honda City. Decent enough for me as my expectation was it shouldn’t be lower than my current vehicle.
Curious, I know Honda City's come with a 4 speaker + 2 tweeter combo. In your opinion, was the Tucson's 8 speaker BOSE setup with sub woofer etc not significantly better than that of the City?
Frusciante is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 11:05   #228
BHPian

Just a suggestion for anyone planning to visit showroom to check Tucson:
- Call the dealership you are going to visit
- Mention that you are interested in Tucson
- Usually they will arrange call back if premium segment dedicated SA is not around
- With the SA, fix timings of your visit and if you are interested in TD

This would give you much better experience. As rightly pointed out by members, there are dedicated SA for premium segment (only Tucson now as Elantra has gone as well). Also, there are limited TD vehicles and are moved across their different showrooms so better to get slot unless you are interested in just having a peek at the display car.

I had similar experience when I just walked in few months back to check old generation Tucson and some random SA was assigned since the one dedicated for Tucson had gone for TD to customer location and push was on Alcazar. This is due to availability(Alcazar) which helps them meet their targets easily and convert booking into actual sale.

What would have ideally helped is Nexa kind of experience but with just 1 model and that too priced pretty high, it probably does not make any business sense for same. I sometimes feel really sorry for the SA assigned for premium segment and the kind of support they get from the manufacturer.

To give some credit however, I do see few hoardings in the city for Tucson and they are advertising the car on landing page of Amazon FireTV.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 12:27   #229
pms
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frusciante View Post
Curious, I know Honda City's come with a 4 speaker + 2 tweeter combo. In your opinion, was the Tucson's 8 speaker BOSE setup with sub woofer etc not significantly better than that of the City?
Yes, at least I felt Honda City with its 6 speaker set up was on par with Tucson. Maybe am not that much of an audiophile and didn't tinker with the audio settings in Tucson. TBHP official review also states it to be satisfactory and my experience was in the same lines as well.
pms is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 22:53   #230
BHPian

Visited Hans Hyundai Moti Nagar today.
They flat out refused a test drive since the sales advisor claimed that their cars are selling without one, and they won't be able to provide a test drive. I wanted to Test Drive a petrol so that I don't regret my decision later, if I feel the engine is underpowered.
The waiting period was quoted at 4 months.
He said, that he can arrange a vehicle in October as well as one of his customers was cancelling. The lack of rear sun-blinds for a 40 lakh car was quite a miss which I felt while being seated in the backseat of car. The car is huge, it is akin to entering a room on the rear seat, and it feels very spacious on the inside.

I have my reservations about the entire touch based climate control system, since it was pain in the neck in my WRV. I was looking to book an Octavia but after the scoop of it being discontinued in India, I have scrapped those plans for now.

Hoping to get a test drive of the petrol Tucson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
I went to check the petrol tucson. The person handling tucson was not around. Someone else attended to me. To my surprise, he was not keen on tucson. Instead, he was pushing alcazar. His reasoning, engine is the same, I will get 3 extra seats, faster delivery, better resale. He went on to say, I could buy an i10 nios with the money saved and even after buying 2 cars there would be a little more money left. Not sure how to read this.
Holy hell, I too got this same response at Hans today.
The SA claimed - Alcazar and Tucson petrol is the same car, and the former has 2 extra seats and is cheaper by miles, go for that.

Last edited by smilenow : 23rd August 2022 at 22:56. Reason: updated with a reply to another member's post
smilenow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 23:24   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
...To my surprise, he was not keen on tucson. Instead, he was pushing alcazar. His reasoning, engine is the same...
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilenow View Post
Visited Hans Hyundai..
Holy hell, I too got this same response at Hans today.
Looks like the dealers are getting peanuts selling Tucson. The margin Hyundai has allotted might be wafer-thin in that case?
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 23:41   #232

I had prebooked a Signature Diesel Amazon Grey on 18th July through Ketan, Nagpur. The dealer could not place the bulk order for all the confirmed customers with the manufacturer until today as the test drive vehicle only arrived on 21st Aug. It is just today that I have received an official waiting period of 2.5 months. Can expect delivery sometime in late October. People I know from Hyderbad have received lesser waiting periods even though they have pre-booked on the launch date (same as me). In fact, first Tucson is already delivered today in Andhra Pradesh.

The lack of visibility around how Hyundai is administering this is downright pitiable. It makes absolutely no business sense to keep the customers in dark. Hyundai needs to learn a thing or two from other premium OEM manufacturers in India on how to market an entry level luxury car. This feeling of luxury comes from repeated positive experiences. Communication shouldn't just occur when there's something wrong. It should occur when everything's right, to reinforce that everything's right and there are more opportunities available for that to be reinforced. And to be honest, disappointments are all that I have since the time I cancelled the Compass and decided to pursue this. I just hope the product is not as lethargic��.
puri.sarang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 04:47   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puri.sarang View Post
In fact, first Tucson is already delivered today in Andhra Pradesh.
Where exactly in Andhra Pradesh? Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 09:35   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikameya View Post
I have a few questions that someone could answer:
  • Has anyone seen the red colour in person? Can you post pictures or what is your feedback? For those who booked the red colour why did you choose it?
Tucson looks stunning in Fiery Red DT! You have to see it in real.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-20220813_153615.jpg  

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-20220813_153603.jpg  

Last edited by Axe77 : 24th August 2022 at 10:05. Reason: Fixing quote tag.
Mathan1130 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 10:45   #235
pms
BHPian

Quote:
Tucson looks stunning in Fiery Red DT! You have to see it in real.
This is not Dual Tone. DT will have the entire A, B and C pillars running in black shade as below.

Fiery Red DT
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-red-dt.png

Fiery Red
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-red.png
pms is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 11:11   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
Got a chance to test drive the Diesel Signature AWD version today morning, Starry Night shade.
Thank you for a detailed preview, would you mind sharing the onroad price ?

Regards
Diesel
Dieseltuned is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 11:11   #237
BHPian

@ PMS - Yup my mistake i forgot to add a note in the end saying this is just fiery red.

Last edited by Mathan1130 : 24th August 2022 at 11:13.
Mathan1130 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 11:18   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frusciante View Post
I had the 2014 Honda City. Compared to that, the Tucson's 8 speaker system is miles ahead. Of course, it doesn't beat the Hector's system though.

I tuned the EQ to +8 bass, +2 mid and +7 treble during my TD of the Tucson - that sounded really good, peppy and loud. You'll get by with it, although better systems do exist out there.

Last edited by reppy : 24th August 2022 at 11:31.
reppy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 13:03   #239
pms
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Thank you for a detailed preview, would you mind sharing the onroad price ?

Regards
Diesel
BLR on-road price quoted for Signature 2WD DSL is 41.81L. On road price can come down only if one bargains or plan to take insurance from outside. Dealer provided insurance alone comes to 1.9L

Last edited by pms : 24th August 2022 at 13:06.
pms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 13:33   #240
Kln
BHPian

Everything about this car screams class, apart from that AWFUL alloy design! What is Hyundai thinking! 40 big ones for a car that has the alloy design of an entry level Creta.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks