Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2022, 19:01   #166
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Test drove top end diesel in heavy Bangalore traffic. overall good package, excellent visibility, silent diesel engine appeared better then even the X1 engine. Pick up was very linear even in ECO mode, steering become quite heavy in sport mode, comfort mode is quite adequate for daily commute. I will keep my booking unless IONIQ5 or any other new entrant force me to change....
Old 17th August 2022, 19:15   #167
BHPian

Any news on deliveries? I haven't heard from any dealer regarding exact delivery dates.
Old 17th August 2022, 19:50   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
Any news on deliveries? I haven't heard from any dealer regarding exact delivery dates.
My SA confirmed yesterday that deliveries are expected within next 40 to 50 days.

Note - This is only for the customers who have done the pre-booking.

Thanks!
Old 17th August 2022, 20:45   #169
Senior - BHPian

I went to have a look at the new Tucson today. I've come back with mixed feelings on this one, primarily because of the disgusting pricing for what it offers.
Took some pictures of things I felt worth noting and sharing:

The car is W-I-D-E and announces itself. Quite a full frontal ; )

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0838.jpg

So Qualitywise feels somewhere around the Compass but not quite the Tiguan/Octavia levels of refine... which would be the other cars I've shortlisted.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0843.jpg

and Designwise it feels leagues above the previous Tucson. Compared to its immediate competitors, I personally felt it near nowhere feels as special as the Compass but neither as Vanilla as the Tiguan.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0820.jpg

As expected with modern Koreans the Tucson is feature laden and you will complain about not much missing in this car. The switchgear has good feeling travel and is well built.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0822.jpg

The under armrest storage has adequate depth nothing exceptional. No USB nor Cooling. Nice felt material at the bottom though hard plastics all around.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0825.jpg

The wireless charging area has a nice vent for cooling the phone. A good idea since they bloody did not add wireless CarPlay/AndroidAuto in any of the variants. So on long journeys otherwise would be expected to have a hot phone because of forced power/wired charging to go with your Maps/GPS+Spotify/data

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0850.jpg

Nice Pano roof but the sunroof will not open even halfway. You get 1/4th open vent.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0848.jpg

With the drivers seat set to my driving position of the Indian average of 5Ft. 7" there is plenty of rear legroom. Very good!

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0809.jpg

The rear set pleasantly reclines. I set it to max recline and incline for reference. Max inline feels too upright most everyone will recline it atleast slightly.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0811.jpg

Seth button for the chauffer driven : ()

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0828.jpg

I was very happy to see the cars aggressive looking lines in online pictures didn't look that bad in person, atleast did not under showroom lights.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0806.jpg

Placing the wiper up and hidden away for a clean rear look is a nice touch.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0836.jpg

The dickie is some ~550 odd Liters I was told, seems reasonable for a car of this size. Although the depth was fine, I felt it wasn't as tall as would be ideal.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0829.jpg

The key design is unique to the Tucson. The keyfob pedantics will be most pleased.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-img_0853.jpg

While I was unable to do an at length TD of this car to give a final call, based on what I've seen otherwise, I found the Tucson to be a very good overall package. The price will play spoilt sport for most I think. I feel the petrol variant will be the best seller for this car.
If you are like me in the market for 30-35L vehicle, waiting till December isn't a bad idea. The Tucson should go on discount by then.

Last edited by Maky : 17th August 2022 at 20:55.
Maky is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 22:15   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
The rear set pleasantly reclines. I set it to max recline and incline for reference. Max inline feels too upright most everyone will recline it atleast slightly.
I did not like inclining force on the seat. When it is reclined, on pressing the lever, if you have gap between your back and the seat, it comes back with so much force that it can actually hurt. There should have been some dampening here.

I had a discussion today with my SA. What they told is Hyundai has not yet done car allocation to dealers. Until that is done, dealers are holding back on price discussions and car exchange stuff.

I have been promised delivery in August itself. Not sure how that will happen
KrishKallapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 22:51   #171
BHPian

As always a brilliantly compiled, detailed review! Thank you.

I had a look at the Tucson in the Hyderabad / Gachibowli showroom and have booked the diesel, 4WD with an expected delivery in 8 - 10 months. I had already booked the XUV700 (have not cancelled the booking yet) but what made me change my mind is primarily 2 things: one - better quality and finishing of plastics and interiors on the Hyundai over Mahindra, and two - the long list of niggles reported by XUV700 owners.

I will be upgrading from a Ford Ecosport 1.0 which has been my dependable and trusted companion for over 8 years. Comparing a 12 lakh Ecosport with a 30 lakh XUV or a 40 lakh Tucson may not make sense, but over the years I have learnt to appreciate the Ford's heavy doors, thick metal sheet and well finished / value for money plastics. The XUV somehow did not give the same feeling of 'solidity' and quality, which I definitely found in the Tucson.
Interestingly the showroom did not have any Creta on display but they did have Alcazar. Continuing with the same thought of metal sheet quality, when I closed the front door of the Alcazar, I could visually see the vibration in the rear door and window. I have never seen such a vibration on my Ecosport, and did not see it on the Tucson either.

I drive about 70 km every day on possibly one of the best roads in the country - Hyderabad's Outer Ring Road. Lanes are clearly marked, with a legal speed limit of 100 kmph. Hoping to make good use of the ADAS features there.

Unless I missed it, the review did not mention a cabin air purifier - neither its presence nor its absence. Does the Tucson have an air purifier? If not, how easy is to fit one as an accessory? For those whose cars have an air purifier, is it useful and something that you use frequently?
shailendrakr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 11:18   #172
BHPian

My SA just called me to inform that even though I have pre-booked the car, I need to wait at least 6-8 months due to production constraints at Hyundai. He mentioned the Hyundai is producing cars(variants and colors) based on their capacity and not in line with the customers' demands. Since most bookings are for Signature Amazon Grey and Signature Starry night, these 2 variants would have a long waiting time.

Last edited by ChetanM6 : 18th August 2022 at 11:20.
Old 18th August 2022, 11:45   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
My SA just called me to inform that even though I have pre-booked the car, I need to wait at least 6-8 months due to production constraints at Hyundai. He mentioned the Hyundai is producing cars(variants and colors) based on their capacity and not in line with the customers' demands. Since most bookings are for Signature Amazon Grey and Signature Starry night, these 2 variants would have a long waiting time.
Not sure then what is the purpose of pre booking? The manufacturers/dealers are really running amok these days.
Old 18th August 2022, 11:47   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailendrakr View Post
Unless I missed it, the review did not mention a cabin air purifier - neither its presence nor its absence. Does the Tucson have an air purifier? If not, how easy is to fit one as an accessory? For those whose cars have an air purifier, is it useful and something that you use frequently?
My understanding is that if PM 2.5 air filter is installed, it should give you similar outcome. When I got my Honda City serviced last month, apparently Honda has come up with more premium air filter (covid effect maybe) which I politely declined to get it installed.

Snapshot below:
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-screenshot-20220818-11.51.14-am.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
What I was told is that Hyundai is manufacturing more Petrol variants but demand(or booking) is more for Diesel. Maybe with high pricing, Hyundai assumed people would settle for Petrol to fit within their budget. It'll also be interesting to see cancellation percentage post price announcements. The only thing working in Hyundai's favour is limited options/availability from competitors.

Last edited by neel911 : 18th August 2022 at 11:52. Reason: added snapshot
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 12:27   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post

What I was told is that Hyundai is manufacturing more Petrol variants but demand(or booking) is more for Diesel. Maybe with high pricing, Hyundai assumed people would settle for Petrol to fit within their budget. It'll also be interesting to see cancellation percentage post price announcements. The only thing working in Hyundai's favour is limited options/availability from competitors.
Surprising that all intelligent people in Hyundai could not forecast the demand will be more for Diesel than Petrol. The petrol turbo engine in Creta is better than Tucson petrol and how can they expect more demand for that. Plus that same engine is also provided in Alcazar.
It is obvious that more people will opt for Diesel as that 2 litre Diesel engine is only provided in Tucson. I guess only common sense is required to forecast the demand here
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 13:39   #176

Hi all,

Like many others, my search for a 35L-40L SUV has finally been narrowed down to the Tiguan and the Tucson. Finally managed to test drive the Tiguan and it brought a smile to my face which was difficult to wipe off. It is difficult to describe that feeling but that car felt so complete and while the cabin inside may not have a television screen or other gadgetry, it seems more than adequate to me. It seems a mature car with everything where it is supposed to be. I had absolutely no complaints although I must confess I was in the car for a little over 30 mins in Delhi rains.

Now waiting to test drive the Tucson but somewhere I know that the Tucson will perhaps not be able to match that feeling and I will reluctantly have to give up my Tucson pre-booking.
Denny_C is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 13:54   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny_C View Post
Hi all,

Like many others, my search for a 35L-40L SUV has finally been narrowed down to the Tiguan and the Tucson. Finally managed to test drive the Tiguan and it brought a smile to my face which was difficult to wipe off. It is difficult to describe that feeling but that car felt so complete and while the cabin inside may not have a television screen or other gadgetry, it seems more than adequate to me. .
I too test drove the Tiguan yesterday and have feedback similar to yours. I drove it over a bad road, and felt the bumps quite a bit. Do consider that when you make up your mind.
shailendrakr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 14:26   #178
BHPian

I went to test drive Tucson in my Polo 1.2 GT TSI. While coming back home after test drive in Polo and driving it quite spiritly overtaking cars on the way i still felt Tucson was pretty good !! Now, there is really no comparison in terms of driving pleasure that such a car like Polo or Tiguan can provide....but i felt Tucson while not as sporty to drive as Polo serves a different purpose...it is a comfortable, feature rich, nice family car where all 3-4 members can travel in supreme comfort safely! And there is a feeling of Luxury as well. In someone wants pure drive pleasure Tucson will not be worthy in my opinion.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 18th August 2022 at 21:30. Reason: Typo: Tucson
mgoel is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th August 2022, 15:02   #179
BHPian

I'm not sure if potential Tucson buyers would find it annoying that the Creta front fascia looks EXACTLY similar to the Tucson. In fact the "parametric jewel" design as Hyundai calls it, is implemented in its entire new lineup right from the i20 onwards, with the Creta also getting the illuminated DRLs like the Tucson. I for one would hate buying a 42L car and find out there are cars at 30% the cost looking exactly the same.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 18th August 2022 at 21:27. Reason: Typo: Tucson
Frusciante is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 15:35   #180

Has anyone test driven the Tucson in Delhi? If so, which dealer has a test drive vehicle available? Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks