Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2022, 20:23   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
Yesterday I read the Team bhp official review of new Tucson and C5 Aircross back to back, and some thing stuck me. In the review of C5, there were lots of "wow" factors, be it insane amount of sound insulation or stellar ride quality or door thud feeling or overall "solid depth of engineering", even though lots of features were missing in C5. I could not find any such "wow" factor in Tucson review except for premium interior and best rear seat in the category. And I wonder "why", particularly when the new Tucson is feature loaded and more value for money compared to C5. May be I am not interpreting it correctly.

I have not driven the C5 air cross, but after having taken a quick test drive of the 2022 Tuscon, I can tell you that there is nothing that really stands out in the Tuscon except the way it looks. The interiors are good, but there is no standout factor. C5 had its suspension as a strong USP, but the Tuscon seems like a decent all rounder, not particularly strong in any area.
motorworks is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 20:37   #152
BHPian

Took test drive of Petrol Signature. Petrol test drive was underwhelming. Car felt a bit underpowered and not much fun to drive. Car felt spacious, especially at the rear and humongous boot.

Spending around 40 lacs without much fun factor to drive makes petrol a non-starter.

Petrol should be preferred only for Chauffeur driven owners and not for self-drive. Even though I live in Delhi, would still prefer diesel as per the reviews.

Last edited by GTO : 17th August 2022 at 08:36. Reason: Typos
samitjain is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 16th August 2022, 22:02   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post
I think buying car is more of a suitability decision than "WOW" for most buyers.
Agreed and point well taken. But it was not my point to select a car based number of "wow" factors. Let me try to explain again.

Our Team bhp official reviews are generally spot-on and unbiased. These reviews are written after extensive drive and not 5-10 km test drive that most of us do to judge a car. Hence I value the reviews a lot. The new Tucson scores better than terribly overpriced C5 in most parameters, be it space, cabin premium factor, sound quality, ADAS, loads of features, after sales service etc. Yet in C5 review, I get to read comments like "the high speed behaviour and overall feel of the car is comparable to Audis and Mercedes' costing Rs. 40-50 lakh", or comments like "The refinement levels are frankly superior to many Audis, BMWs & Mercedes' we've driven". But we don't get to read such standout comments about the new Tucson even though it is a better overall product. This is all what I was trying to say in my earlier post.

I will get to drive the Tucson this week and have my own impressions about the car. So far, it seems Tucson is a better overall product (rather than trying to become excellent in one or two things) and would please most of the prospective buyers in this segment.
sups is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 22:43   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Agreed and point well taken. But it was not my point to select a car based number of "wow" factors. Let me try to explain again.

Yet in C5 review, I get to read comments like "the high speed behaviour and overall feel of the car is comparable to Audis and Mercedes' costing Rs. 40-50 lakh", or comments like "The refinement levels are frankly superior to many Audis, BMWs & Mercedes' we've driven". But we don't get to read such standout comments about the new Tucson even though it is a better overall product. This is all what I was trying to say in my earlier post.
I have also seen a lot of people praising about how the C5 Aircross feels while driving and how stellar it's refinement levels are! After reading all this, I was also willing to try out the C5 but unfortunately there are no Citroen showrooms near my place.

Quote:
But we don't get to read such standout comments about the new Tucson even though it is a better overall product
It is because Tucson is not exceptional in a particular field like others. For example- Tiguan is excellent to drive and C5 is excellent in comfort (as it is being said, I don't have any clarity on this). Tucson is more of an all-rounder, it scores decently well in all the aspects. Rest all comes down to personal preferences.
TechnoBloop is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 22:55   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitjain View Post
Took test drive of Petrol Signature. Petrol test drive was underwhelming. Car felt a bit underpowered and not much fun to drive. Car felt spacious especially at the rear and humongous boot.

Spending around 40 lacs without much fun factor to drive makes petrol a non-starter.

Petrol should be preferred only for Chauffer driven and not for self drive. Even though I live in Delhi, would still prefer Deisel as per the reviews.
Ideally, for this price, I felt Hyundai should've at least launched a Hybrid version with 1.6 litre Turbo petrol engine.... I was overly optimistic and was expecting a plug-in hybrid.

I've driven both petrol and diesel versions. Petrol version is noticeably underpowered compared to the diesel one. I'm hoping that Hyundai will offer us more engine options in the future as the semi-conductor crisis eases.
destinykid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 23:09   #156
BHPian

Quote:
I will get to drive the Tucson this week and have my own impressions about the car. So far, it seems Tucson is a better overall product (rather than trying to become excellent in one or two things) and would please most of the prospective buyers in this segment.
Understood. I think Hyundai attempted to create WOW factor with the parametric design. However that is too polarising. Some like it, some won't. Personally I feel it is making the car look like a toy car with lot of lights.

If you get a chance, try both diesel and petrol cars. I feel Diesel variant is the best. I drove it and I liked how it drove. Not really a fan of "too much
fun to drive". It felt adequate to me.

I drive a VW DSG diesel car now. I could feel the difference in power delivery. Though a more powerful torquey engine, Tucson was more relaxed to start with. But a little press of pedal, it was willing to hustle. Unlike DSG which is rushing from the word go.

Considering the gap between petrol and diesel variants is roughy 7 L and I estimate to drive 100,000 km in 5 years, I felt I will cover that difference. Hence I pressed the button on Diesel.
Old 17th August 2022, 08:32   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post
I think this lacks the X-factor people are looking for in a 40L car. The design on both interior and exterior is an issue - It just doesn't click! Then the Petrol Engine which is a big joke. Where is this 1.6 T- GDi Engine? Where are the Hybrid versions? What were they thinking? If I had my way, I would have jailed them for such atrocity.

Attachment 2345199
I echo your sentiments too. Hyundai is being greedy and I too feel 1.6 turbo and the strong hybrid(if not plugin) should have been offered. Perhaps Hyundai is trying to milk its Diesel engines before they go out of favour

Hybrid is the only choice for auto makers once the BS6 stage 2 rolls out and while most are focusing only on petrol, Hyundai is trying to cash in on short term market demand.
Old 17th August 2022, 08:59   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I have not driven the C5 air cross, but after having taken a quick test drive of the 2022 Tuscon, I can tell you that there is nothing that really stands out in the Tuscon except the way it looks. The interiors are good, but there is no standout factor. C5 had its suspension as a strong USP, but the Tuscon seems like a decent all rounder, not particularly strong in any area.
And that’s exactly what I felt too. Tucson is a good car, but there was nothing great that stood out after driving it which made me feel like ‘I need this car’ or ‘I want to drive this more’. It was okay, nothing memorable about the test drive.
But it does most of the things above average and it is a good family car.

Last edited by sunikkat : 17th August 2022 at 09:08.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 10:49   #159
BHPian

Hi Guys,
For someone looking for a 5 seater top end petrol in the price bracket 35l to 42l on road, there are only 3 options. Tucson,Octavia,Tiguan.
I was checking the price of these vehicles. Tucson signature petrol on road is 37.66 and Octavia l&k is cheaper at 37.41 ( These are from carwale. One could save a little bit by doing the insurance on their own)
Obviously octavia is a turbo petrol. So I am surprised octavia is cheaper. My question , is tucson petrol a better buy than octavia? Lets leave out the usual things like reliability, ground clearance, suv vs sedan etc
Old 17th August 2022, 11:07   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNL_Bandi View Post
I got the below content saved from one of the threads in the forums.
Don't have the details of the member but following is what he quoted

"(First visit before pdi 6. Check if they can get you your preferred fastag and what would be the balance at time of delivery, if they can’t or the balance is less than 50rs then tell them you will get your own and minus the fastag amount."
That was my post on XUV700 thread, coming to fastag - I was being given a IDFC bank fastag by dealer at 600Rs with a balance of about 50Rs. I asked the dealer to try get me my preferred fastag or drop it and the SA happily dropped it after checking and confirming that they can only do IDFC. I got my paytm fastag outside at a toll gate with my proforma invoice and it was against my VIN/Chassis Number. Took me 5 mins and 200Rs (100 agent service fee+100 Paytm charges) and I shared the fitment certificate with SA.
Sandegov is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 11:29   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Obviously octavia is a turbo petrol. So I am surprised octavia is cheaper. My question , is tucson petrol a better buy than octavia? Lets leave out the usual things like reliability, ground clearance, suv vs sedan etc
Depends on what your requirement is - if it is fun to drive there is no competition. 2 TSI is miles ahead of Tucson petrol. While interior styling is personal preference the quality of interiors is better in Octavia than Tucson. Octavia has better build quality, but on safety both should be par mostly. In terms of features, Tucson might be better mainly with that sunroof. While Tucson might be more spacious inside (also reclining seats), am sure Octavia has more usable boot space. So totally depends on what you are looking for.
Honestly for me, after all these SUVs pricing, Octavia is the most VFM

Last edited by sunikkat : 17th August 2022 at 11:43.
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 11:47   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,
For someone looking for a 5 seater top end petrol in the price bracket 35l to 42l on road, there are only 3 options. Tucson,Octavia,Tiguan.
I was checking the price of these vehicles. Tucson signature petrol on road is 37.66 and Octavia l&k is cheaper at 37.41 ( These are from carwale. One could save a little bit by doing the insurance on their own)
If you have test driven the Octavia or Tiguan, then I am pretty sure that you would be disappointed with Tucson's petrol engine. Also, it depends upon which body style you prefer more, SUV or Sedan! Of course sedans won't be as practical as SUVs, but if you're ready to sacrifice that space for a punchy engine and a dynamic vehicle, Octavia should be the one. But Octavia does miss out on something that you expect at this price point- a panoramic sunroof! If you want both space and a punchy engine with AWD you've got the Tiguan! Although, do note that the Tucson is a bit bigger than both of them, so there would be more space on offer.
Since the question is to choose between Octavia L&K and the Tucson Signature Petrol, Octavia would be a more sensible choice (if you don't want a pano sunroof and other extra features in Tucson)

Last edited by TechnoBloop : 17th August 2022 at 11:52.
TechnoBloop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 12:21   #163
BHPian

Quote:
My question , is tucson petrol a better buy than octavia? Lets leave out the usual things like reliability, ground clearance, suv vs sedan etc
Since you are only talking about the engine, The Octavia 2.0 engine will put a smile on your face that is hard to wipe out. The rush that it gives you in that size of car is frankly hard to resist.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 12:24   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Honestly for me, after all these SUVs pricing, Octavia is the most VFM
I was thinking the same. Man do a few months make a difference! Another thought that crossed my mind was that the benchmark for comfort and affordability below the executive premium segment was the superb for so long. Imagine the superb pricing has now been surpassed OTR in Blr. Crazy times indeed.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 16:29   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karooo View Post
Honestly, nothing wrong with the car. I was ready to pay 30 lacs for the first time in my life for this but the pricing is a complete shocker.
Agreed man!!! Pricing is obnoxious... wish they had priced it more sensibly ! 40 plus big ones for the topend diesel AWD just seems waay too much.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks