Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2023, 14:31   #1066
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem23 View Post
Hello, I think it works on speeds above 60, but I can check today and get back.
Hi Aseem, thanks for your help. let me know if you were able to check/ notice if it only activates above 60. Thanks in advance.
Old 1st August 2023, 22:19   #1067

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethu.murali View Post
Hi Riskanuj,

This goes away by filling the problem tyre to say 38 PSI or even 40PSI and drive for about a KM. Once the alarm goes away, the tyre pressure can be brought to the normal 35 (which is what i do when I fill N). Hope this helps.

Regards,
Sethumurali
Thanks for the response. Then it feels pointless, the warnings should only be there below 30. This seems buggy.
riskanuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 16:45   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskanuj View Post
Hi, how to get rid of these WARNINGS? Its been 10 days. The Nitrogen in tyres has been alright, still this isn’t going. Attachment 2483869
I have seen that the TPM onboard shows 2 PSI less than most filling stations. So fill it to 37 outside. After some time it should go off. If we fill to 35, it still thinks that it is 33 or less.
KrishKallapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 17:26   #1069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post
I have seen that the TPM onboard shows 2 PSI less than most filling stations. So fill it to 37 outside. After some time it should go off. If we fill to 35, it still thinks that it is 33 or less.
The pressure gauge in most of the filling stations are incorrect. It was always different compared to my TPMS and my other pressure gauge. Now I fill only from my tyre inflator and it is accurate.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 11:31   #1070
BHPian

https://www.reuters.com/business/aut...de-2023-08-03/

Hyundai's brand image suffers another blow post the Theta 2 recall!
Old 4th August 2023, 12:34   #1071
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head View Post
https://www.reuters.com/business/aut...de-2023-08-03/

Hyundai's brand image suffers another blow post the Theta 2 recall!
Not just Hyundai, but both Kia and Hyundai vehicles are proving to be of questionable quality. Numerous issues, beyond minor niggles (such as screens going black or rattles), include more serious problems like fires, engine failures, and brake failures. These issues seem to be more prominent in segments above Creta, especially the engine-related ones. Looking at the numerous class-action lawsuits they are facing in the USA and the millions (more than 2.1 million affected owners in the Engine failure suit), the situation appears pretty grim in the USA.

In India, they seem to be easily escaping scrutiny, and in case of a fire, the blame is often shifted to the vehicle owner with the help of media. Surprisingly, none of the automotive journalists have the courage to question these companies. While we have seen Hormazd Sorabjee questioning Ola for its quality issues, he remains silent when it comes to Hyundai and Kia's serious reliability problems and faults.

In fact, we have the following thread on issues with Hyundai Kia cars in India - link (Hyundai India - The occasional serious quality lapse and apathetic manufacturer response!). These and many more issues are not actually occasional but more frequent. However, traces are removed from the internet (they are deleting posts and videos wherever possible), videos of fire accidents of these companies' cars which were posted earlier now vanished from the web. With a recent example being fire accidents of Kia Seltos, where all the channels remained silent and stayed away from reporting it. The same channels/websites reported fires of other manufacturers.

Popular automotive figures and their respective websites rarely respond to troubled owners of these brands when they share their vehicle problems on Twitter or Facebook. Instead, the issues are isolated, and the same websites continue to label Hyundai and Kia as reliable brands. This situation raises suspicions that they might be working hand in glove with these manufacturers to deceive consumers.

Last edited by wheelguy : 4th August 2023 at 12:41.
wheelguy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 13:33   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
in case of a fire, the blame is often shifted to the vehicle owner with the help of media
Its easier to do so in case the vehicle has aftermarket electronics installed hardwired in fusebox or set up using wire splicing etc. A lot of people do install aftermarket electronics this way.

Quote:
Surprisingly, none of the automotive journalists have the courage to question these companies. While we have seen Hormazd Sorabjee questioning Ola for its quality issues, he remains silent when it comes to Hyundai and Kia's serious reliability problems and faults.
Why just Hyundai & Kia, the silence is same for all major auto makers, be it VW or anyone else. They don't want to risk their access & any freebies by pointing out any flaws with major auto makers. I didn't see him say much or anything wrt to the VW scandal that came up few years ago. Or the issues MG customers have been facing wrt poor build quality etc. that have come up when car owners have resorted to SM to shed light on the issues they've been facing.

Automotive journalism, like all other kinds of journalism, is a joke. Its "positive vibes only" kind of deal & has been so for quite some time now. Unless a journalist is given some incentive to write a negative piece targeting someone.
amitgupta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 14:14   #1073
BANNED

This is what I have been saying, now the insurance companies there stopped issuing new policies to Hyundai Kia cars, they are raising premiums for existing policy holders.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-screenshot_20230804140518827_com.facebook.katana.jpg  

wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 14:46   #1074
BANNED

Quote:
Not just Hyundai, but both Kia and Hyundai vehicles are proving to be of questionable quality. Numerous issues, beyond minor niggles (such as screens going black or rattles), include more serious problems like fires, engine failures, and brake failures. These issues seem to be more prominent in segments above Creta, especially the engine-related ones. Looking at the numerous class-action lawsuits they are facing in the USA and the millions (more than 2.1 million affected owners in the Engine failure suit), the situation appears pretty grim in the USA.
Hello, Sorry to burst your hate bubble, but I don't think it is fair to generalize one OEM and ignore the rest. Vehicle recalls and fire incidents are not new, and I am sharing some of the links from other automakers for your knowledge, and a reminder:

1. BMW: https://www.autosafety.org/bmw-recal...les-fire-risk/
2. Ford: https://www.reuters.com/business/aut...sa-2023-06-06/
3. Toyota: https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...itch-rcna24406
4. Toyota: https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/20...ective-airbags
5. Toyota: https://jalopnik.com/toyota-recall-1...ate-1850652585
6. Volvo: https://www.theguardian.com/business...over-fire-risk
7. Mercedes: https://www.kbb.com/car-news/mercede...ver-fire-risk/
8. Nissan: https://www.autocorp.ai/blog/nissan-...-for-fire-risk
9. Ford: https://www.silive.com/news/2023/06/...fire-risk.html
10. VW: https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto...882385039.html

You might have some personal grudge or a bad experience with the Koreans, and it is completely okay. Everyone has their preferences, but just blaming Koreans and ignoring the rest for personal disliking should be avoided. If Hyundai Motor Group has been successful in selling their so-called FAULTY vehicles and has become 3rd largest OEM in the world (in terms of global volumes), then I think they are doing a pretty fine job.

Last edited by aseem23 : 4th August 2023 at 14:56.
aseem23 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 01:10   #1075
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem23 View Post
Hello, Sorry to burst your hate bubble, but I don't think it is fair to generalize one OEM and ignore the rest. Vehicle recalls and fire incidents are not new, and I am sharing some of the links from other automakers for your knowledge, and a reminder:

You might have some personal grudge or a bad experience with the Koreans, and it is completely okay. Everyone has their preferences, but just blaming Koreans and ignoring the rest for personal disliking should be avoided. If Hyundai Motor Group has been successful in selling their so-called FAULTY vehicles and has become 3rd largest OEM in the world (in terms of global volumes), then I think they are doing a pretty fine job.
It is not hate bubble or targeting or anything, you totally misunderstood what I am saying, why I am saying this clearly about Hyundai and Kia is due to my observations. Please go through rest of the following before forming any conclusion, request you to read without leaving any word.

One such recent observation I can cite is the Kia Seltos fire incident, let me show you the sequence of events that happened:
  • A Kia Sletos caught fire in the hands of Kia service personnel just after the service while the service center guys are test driving it.
  • The owner of the car, due to damage and non resolution of the problem from the company, being helpless, approached a Youtuber called Raftaar7811
  • Youtuber posted it on his channel
  • Someone saw it and posted it on Rushlane's FB page
  • Xroaders saw it and posted it on twitter.
  • I saw it and posted it on Team-bhp.
  • Now if you go back and see, it disappeared from that YouTuber's channel, it disappeared from Rushlane's FB page, it disappeared from the Xroader's twitter handle!
  • Actually three recent Kia Seltos fires happened.
  • All the traces of them are removed from the web!
Another member's post and my post on the forum's Road Safety section (Accidents : Vehicles catching Fire in India):

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-1.jpg
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-2.jpg
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-3.jpg

Xroader's tweet disappeared and it now shows the following:

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-xroader-tweet.jpg

Youtber Raftaar7811's channel, it disappeared from this channel too, try searching in his channel for the video now, see if you can find it:

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-raftaar7811.jpg

Now imagine the sorrow and helplessness of that Seltos owner. I can see that you are owning a Tucson, imagine if the same happens to you in the future, how you would feel. If you are aware of it earlier, would you fall for that trap. They are letting only the rosy things stay and all the negative experiences of the owners disappear from the web. Hyundai and Kia are able to do it easily in India than in USA. These influencers and reviewers are doing nothing but harm to the buyers/consumers. Kindly check this FB page to understand what I am saying.

Now from other brands, Maruti in this example, you can check it out from our forum's fire accidents thread, here too, see how the video is removed from the web after few days:

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-grand-vitara-hybrid-fire.jpg
2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-maruti-grand-vitara-hybrid-fire.jpg

Now let us move to other brand, here the story is entirely different. The brand in question is Tata.
  • A Punch caught fire
  • Aggrieved customer posted it on the company's twitter handle
  • Company responded to it
  • Meanwhile Rushlane picked it up and wrote an article on their website
  • Motorbeam wrote an article about
  • Tata Motors resolved the issue of the customer
  • All the tweets on the customer's twitter handle, company's handle, articles on the web, the youtube videos are still on the web
Rushlane's article which is very much live on their website:

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-rushlane.jpg

Aggrieved customer's tweet which is very much there on twitter:

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-tweet.jpg

Negative news of few brands is disappearing from the web, while few brands are portrayed to be unreliable. What can you make out of it? Which brands are being targeted, which brands are being helped to deceive the consumers. Whenever a prospective customer is searching online for reviews for before making a decision, what will they think of Tata which let the negative news stay and what will they think of the Hyundai and Kia which let only rosy things about them stay on the web. Rushlane and Motorbeam are very eager to report against Tata, the same websites were dead silent now!

The rot is deep, the reviewers are colluding with manufacturers to deceive the customer. The companies which I found to be very aggressive in this direction are MG, Kia, and Hyundai. The companies which I found to be targeted are Tata and Mahindra, though Mahindra is handling them with iron fist, Tata is stupidly ignoring the targeted bad press.

I tried to alert the Hyundai Kia customers, it is them who are at loss if they cannot see all this, not me. Unlike other websites, I hope this post stays here.
wheelguy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 10:20   #1076
BANNED

Quote:
[*]Now if you go back and see, it disappeared from that YouTuber's channel, it disappeared from Rushlane's FB page, it disappeared from the Xroader's twitter handle![*]All the traces of them are removed from the web!

Youtber Raftaar7811's channel, it disappeared from this channel too, try searching in his channel for the video now, see if you can find it:

Now imagine the sorrow and helplessness of that Seltos owner. I can see that you are owning a Tucson, imagine if the same happens to you in the future, how you would feel. If you are aware of it earlier, would you fall for that trap. They are letting only the rosy things stay and all the negative experiences of the owners disappear from the web. Hyundai and Kia are able to do it easily in India than in USA. These influencers and reviewers are doing nothing but harm to the buyers/consumers.

Rushlane and Motorbeam are very eager to report against Tata, the same websites were dead silent now!

I tried to alert the Hyundai Kia customers, it is them who are at loss if they cannot see all this, not me. Unlike other websites, I hope this post stays here.
[/left]
Well, I can't comment on why Raftaar deleted the video, or why Motorbeam or Rushlane is not writing more news. It is better to enquire from them, without coming to conclusions. Also, Internet research is not limited to Motorbeam or Rushlane, a simple Google search will give you several instances of vehicle fires related to Kia, Ford, Mahindra, TATA, Volvo Maruti, etc. On the Carblogindia website, you can see fire stories related to XUV700, Kia Seltos, Volvo XC90, MG Hector, Skoda Slavia, Mahindra Thar, Honda City, etc

and Yes, I knew about all vehicle fire instances of all the brands before buying Tucson, and in fact, I will recommend Tucson to every target customer. My end-to-end experience with Hyundai Group over the last 15 years has been positive, and I will even buy their next higher-segment vehicle from Hyundai if they launch it in India.

In my family, our goto brands are Mercedes, Volvo, Hyundai, and Toyota, and our worse experience was with BMW, but then I won't go and start bashing BMW because of my bad experience. Several other owners have wonderful memories with BMW, and I would let people make their own experiences without straightaway concluding that BMW is bad, don't buy it. The same goes for the Hyundai group, there are numerous stories of owners having good or bad ownership experiences.

It will be wrong to conclude that the second-largest automaker in the country is escaping scrutiny, or easily doing it in India without getting noticed or without compensating the customer. In our country, where car buying is a privilege and an expensive decision for most buyers, it is difficult to believe that people don't do enough research on YT, Social Media, etc when so much info is available at very cheap mobile data rates.

Last edited by aseem23 : 5th August 2023 at 10:23.
aseem23 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 10:42   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
It is not hate bubble or targeting or anything, you totally misunderstood what I am saying, why I am saying this clearly about Hyundai and Kia is due to my observations. Please go through rest of the following before forming any conclusion, request you to read without leaving any word.
After reading all your allegations, concerns and reasonings, all I can say is that most of us here on the forum are Hyundai/Kia or Hyundai Tucson owners (including me) and most of us who are Tucson owners are quite happy with the car(cause of all the research we've done for months before our purchase) leaving aside minor niggles and or nitpicking.

For the new owners only time will tell how they are satisfied with their car as the car ages. And if any problem occurs for which the company is liable but doesn't resolve it or take it seriously then I'm hoping the Members and Community of the Team-Bhp will come to our aid.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 26th August 2023 at 17:22. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
Mahin_P21 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 18:13   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave20 View Post
I would like to understand if anyone in this forum (Hyundai Tucson owners) has tried Magsafe car mounts?

I am specifically looking at information on below 2 items

1. Considering our Tucson does not have wireless Apple Car play, i was wondering if we use the Magsafe charger in the car, does the Car play work? do we need to have one more cable to connect iphone (thunderbolt cable)?

2. Any recommended Magsafe car holders?

Note - I own a 2021 (Dec) Tucscon GLS (AWD)
I use this magsafe mount. This is only for mounting and not charging. Cable anyways needs to be connected for Apple Car Play

I have attached this on the right side of steering on AC vents. Works quite well and I am happy with the usage. Magnets are strong and works on all type of terrains
Old 6th August 2023, 11:37   #1079

This is my first post here, though I've been an avid reader for many years.

I'm upgrading from a 2017 i20 diesel to a 2WD Tucson Signature Diesel, and delivery is set for next month, but I had a few questions.

1. How should I proceed with this PDI being done at another main city dealership 70 Km apart and brought to my local small dealership via transport before delivery?

2. What are the most important points to keep in mind from an insurance perspective (the dealership is giving some discount )?

3. What is the ideal level of DEF for a new car before delivery, and how long does a full tank DEF last?

4. How is your experience with the stock tires MRF wanderer?

5. I noticed some differences in RTO pricing shown on the Hyundai booking page (582936 Rs) and the dealer asking for 616560 Rs though carhelpline.com shows similar pricing as the dealer. (Andhra Pradesh)

I would appreciate any suggestions you may have for me.
Old 6th August 2023, 18:55   #1080
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahin_P21 View Post
After reading all your allegations, concerns and reasonings, all I can say is that most of us here on the forum are Hyundai/Kia or Hyundai Tucson owners(including me) and most of us who are Tucson owners are quiet happy with the car(cause of all the research we've done for months before our purchase) leaving aside minor niggles and or nitpicking.

For the new owners only time will tell how they are satisfied with their car as the car ages. And if any problem occurs for which the company is liable but dosen't resolve it or take it seriously then I'm hoping the Members and Community of the Team-Bhp will come to our aid.
Not an allegation. Can it not be seen how the Youtuber Raftaar7811's video who tried to help the aggrieved owner whose Kia Seltos got burnt is pulled down, can it not be seen how the Xroaders' tweet is pulled down, and how everyone is silenced. Do you think either that Youtuber or Xroader will ever come out and say the truth? They might say something for the sake of saying, but can they dare to speak the truth against the might of Hyundai and Kia.

This incident, I have noticed, but there can be many such cases which go unnoticed by you and me, and the traces of those cases get removed before anyone can notice it.

Now imagine, suppose if someone is looking for a car and is researching on the web, what they will get to see, only good things about Hyundai/Kia and only bad things about some other brands? Isn't the prospective customer is being manipulated?

Can it not be seen as how every automotive website is super silent as if they don't know anything.

Today this Kia Seltos owner, tomorrow another Kia or Hyundai car owner. I believe tolerating a wrongful deed just because it didn't happen to us is injury through inaction.

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-kia-hyundai-fraud.jpg
wheelguy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks