Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2022, 12:24   #631
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Tell me, if owners disconnect the ADAS ECU etc., won't it leave a log in the main ECU?
Lovely topic for a detailed conversation.

Can we do this on a thread where it wouldn't be flagged as being off-topic?
Old 18th November 2022, 12:28   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudiptaadhya View Post
I personally think that the system has been designed with lots of different scenarios in mind, and let us not do ADAS-bashing unless we’ve really experienced it in the car (and I think the implementation is great!). Peace out
Sire, we are merely discussing the demerits of the shock element when ADAS works as intended, only because some owners had expressed reservations.

Some of us get used to automated control and some of us don't.

Good to hear that you are enjoying the tech and it has worked well so far.

So far.
Old 18th November 2022, 12:57   #633

Can call Hyundai regional center in Hyderabad to give feedback regarding ADAS etc. 040- 67291700.
CARnivore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 14:58   #634
BHPian

ADAS in warning only mode is what we should be using in most scenarios till we get comfortable. Have a Post-It to remind you every time you start your car .
There are times we/driver gets distracted while driving and warning due to ADAS sensors would really add to safety.

Has anyone compared Tucson ADAS with XUV700? Somehow I do not see people talking about that much in XUV700 forum so not sure if it is less sensitive.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 16:31   #635
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm more concerned about the chauffeur driven ADAS vehicles. We will understand and adapt, and change our driving style / switch off ADAS - but a lot of these cars will be chauffeur driven, and I can't imagine the day when half the cars end up auto - emergency braking in our congested cities.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 18:25   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Has anyone compared Tucson ADAS with XUV700? Somehow I do not see people talking about that much in XUV700 forum so not sure if it is less sensitive.
I had gone through many of the comments on the XUV 700 forum a month back. They are dealing with more basic problems of getting the car to work niggle free.
You start to think about ADAS when the car starts and runs reliably.
shailendrakr is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 18:30   #637

This is my first post on Team-BHP (please excuse me if my writing is not up to the mark). I have driven the XUV700 and had a lot of fun trying out the ADAS features. Now, I'm waiting for my Tucson's delivery (pre-booked with dealer in May 2022, but still have no update).

About the XUV700's ADAS: In my opinion, emergency braking is the best ADAS feature of the XUV700 )I am not a fan of other ADAS features like lane keep assist, adaptive cruise control, etc.). I have gained so much confidence in its breaking that sometimes I push the XUV till it starts braking on its own and then, I take the necessary action. So, I have experienced most situations where it applies emergency braking. I never felt the emergency braking is unexpected or too harsh. Let's say my speed is 80 km/h and I approach a truck doing 30 km/h truck, the XUV brakes only so much that it slows down to a safe speed and won't accelerate even if I press the accelerator pedal. And when someone suddenly crosses the road while accelerating, XUV braking is not too harsh and it considers the distance from the obstacle ahead. When the brakes are applied, it feels like ABS braking and the steering wheel vibrates. The delay between the warning beep and emergency braking is not noticeable most of the time (depending on the speed of the XUV and the speed of the vehicle ahead). One noticeable thing is that emergency braking is sensitive to motorcycles / bicycles ahead. It starts braking early, compared to situations where a car or truck is ahead.

I have only test-driven the Tucson, so I cannot make a comparison. In the test drive, I felt the Tucson's lane keep assist, and adaptive cruise controls are more refined than the XUV700's. But I didn't experience emergency braking. I have no clue when they will deliver my Tucson; once it's delivered, I will compare more features.

Mod Note - Please proofread before posting.

Last edited by Aditya : 20th November 2022 at 12:31. Reason: Spellings, grammar, etc
FlyingPhoenix is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 18th November 2022, 19:15   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
ADAS in warning only mode is what we should be using in most scenarios till we get comfortable. Have a Post-It to remind you every time you start your car .
There are times we/driver gets distracted while driving and warning due to ADAS sensors would really add to safety.

You can disable AEB and set it to warning only in XUV700 and the setting persists across restarts. Hyundai should add that option if it isn’t present.

Looking at some of the user feedback here, the Tucson might actually have issues with it’s adas algorithm. There are at least 10x more XUV700s on road and the number of people complaining about a false-positive 100% AEB as far as I know are 0.

The ADAS system in XUV700 was thoroughly tested on Indian roads by the leaders in autonomous driving — Mobileye.

My personal experience too has been that it’s well tuned to Indian conditions. It’s not too aggressive and seems to be tuned just right.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 20:18   #639
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
You can disable AEB and set it to warning only in XUV700 and the setting persists across restarts. Hyundai should add that option if it isn’t present.
Very true. Let owners get comfortable with it first.
Old 18th November 2022, 21:35   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravpoddar View Post
Hello everyone,

Lot of discussions around the tuscon’s value for money. In Kolkata given the lower registration charges the Diesel Platinum comes to about Rs 32.5 L OTR. Can do without the Adas and small things ill be missing. Does it look like a good buy then? Nothing comparable has what its offering.

*My first post on the forum. Been reading since childhood
I have actually booked a Platinum model myself which seems more VFM as I don't think I would ever use ADAS. However, I haven't been able to see the platinum verison in flesh and saw this YouTube video which has put me off. The center console is WHITE and looks super ugly. Can anyone confirm if this is the case?

Old 18th November 2022, 21:54   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevilgautam View Post
I have actually booked a Platinum model myself which seems more VFM as I don't think I would ever use ADAS. However, I haven't been able to see the platinum verison in flesh and saw this YouTube video which has put me off. The center console is WHITE and looks super ugly. Can anyone confirm if this is the case?
First of all, congrats on the booking. You need not worry, the white part which you mention seems to be the protective plastic film the car is shipped with and comes with every car from the factory.
JD_404 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 21:59   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevilgautam View Post
saw this YouTube video which has put me off. The center console is WHITE and looks super ugly. Can anyone confirm if this is the case?

https://Youtu.be/gPlT-Ph9Oqs
Relax, friend. That’s just the protective packaging that comes from the factory, like the white paper you get with Apple products these days. Needs to be peeled off before use.
one-77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2022, 14:37   #643

Can someone please confirm if the bottom rear fog lamp works only on one side when taking reverse?

2022 Hyundai Tucson Review-bed054b5dbea4485bb6ab3e6b8b3a5bc.jpeg
Old 20th November 2022, 08:47   #644

Quote:
Can someone please confirm if the bottom rear fog lamp works only on one side when taking reverse?
On the left side is actually the single reversing light. The fog lights are on the right side (again single).
revving-prabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 18:48   #645
BHPian

I just came back from a test drive of Tucson Diesel Signature AWD. Here are my observations:

1. I felt the ride was bumpy, especially at slower speeds. I am used to the ride quality of Duster so I might be overly critical. But it was off-putting. It felt like if I go with Tucson, I would be making a compromise on ride quality.

2. NVH levels were excellent. The engine was not audible and road noises were fairly contained. Could not test wind noise as the salesman didn't allow me to venture on an extended drive on an expressway. The max speed I reached was 70 kmph where I started feeling some wind noise beginning to creep in, but I might be wrong.

3. Frankly I found very less use for features like 360 cameras, blind spot cameras, etc. Mostly because they force me to take off my sight from the road and are distracting. For example, the 360 camera shows on the centre screen while I am busy looking through OVRMs. Also, the stitching of videos on 360 cameras is very confusing and does not give a correct notion of distances outside. It will take time to get used to if it ever does. Similarly, the blind spot cameras that display on the centre console will require me to take my eyes off ORVMs when taking turns and changing lanes, which is again distracting. The parking camera makes sense because you literally cannot see what's behind you. But these other cameras make decision-making difficult because they provide two different views of the outside world.

4. The seats were half covered in plastic sadly. So could only test the bottom part of the seat ventilation but it worked very well.

5. Before the test drive I was thinking the AC diffuser functionality will be very useful. But when driving I would that the force of air from the diffuser was very slow and most of the airflow was from vents only. I was thinking the diffuser would work like an elongated AC unit much like we have split-ACs in our homes. Maybe I was setting the wrong expectation but I did not find it to be a very useful functionality.

6. The interiors were good but I felt they lacked elegance. Right after Tucson, I went to see Citreon C5 and its interiors felt much more elegant and upmarket.

However, the most disappointing part of the entire test drive was the attitude of the dealership Dee Emm Hyundai, Gurgaon. They didn't seem interested in selling a 40 lakh car at all. The salesman didn't demo me a single feature and didn't allow me to take an extended test drive either. Funnily, whether you buy a 10 lakh car or a 40 lakh car from Hyundai, the test drive circuit is the same.

I will try another dealership in Gurgaon and see if I can get a better experience and an extended test drive.

Also, sorry if I sound a bit old school with my observations. But there were my first and honest impressions.
shashankjain16 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks