Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2024, 09:08   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Hilux Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC@1986 View Post
@getsurya; your truck looks great. Could you share the pictures of the top lid for the loading area. Seems you have the roll bar too. Iam keen to have the similar lid as I had installed the roll ball as accessory from showroom during purchase of my Hilux.

Regards:
MC@1986
Hi MC@1986, I have got a pair of custom made brackets for having the flexibility of removing my trifold tonneau cover, whenever I want. Please find the pictures attached of the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Hilux Review-img20240518wa0071.jpg  

Toyota Hilux Review-1114330281img20240216wa0023.jpg  

Toyota Hilux Review-337986925img20240210wa0021.jpg  

Toyota Hilux Review-img20240518wa0050.jpg  

getsurya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 09:11   #242

Re: Toyota Hilux Review

@getsurya, thanks for the quick response and sharing the pictures. Will try to use the same concept on my Truck..

Cheers..

Best regards:
MC@1986
Old 27th May 2024, 11:52   #243
BHPian

Toyota Hilux, whats Toyota cooking

Hi Fellows,

Most of you must be aware that presently Toyota is offering very heavy discounts on Toyota Hilux across the country, only varying in quantum of the discount depending on the different states.

What's the reason behind it. Is it just the case of inventory management or there is something more.
We know that Hilux despite a high price has many features missing presently, available in two categories lower vehicles. The prominent among them, to me, are missing ADAS, paddle shifters et al. There are some design weaknesses too like, back seat's almost vertical alignment to our bottoms, which makes life extra difficult to the backbenchers, to what's natural to such vehicles built for carrying loads in the back bay.
Toyota might be readying the Hilux for the next generation with the introduction of hybrid power management.
So what do you think,is it the right time to take a dip in the offering by the Toyota, of one of its legendary vehicles, made possible by the discount on offer.

regards
Fawad

@Mods. Please place it in the appropriate category if it's in the wrong one.

Last edited by fawad0222 : 27th May 2024 at 12:14.
Old 27th May 2024, 11:58   #244
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Hilux, whats Toyota cooking

More likely the Hilux is going to be discontinued due to poor sales and they are clearing inventory.

Yes, there will be a new gen Hilux but I doubt they will bring it to India considering the reception the current one got. The timing was off, the pricing was off.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 15:23   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
More likely the Hilux is going to be discontinued due to poor sales and they are clearing inventory.

Yes, there will be a new gen Hilux but I doubt they will bring it to India considering the reception the current one got. The timing was off, the pricing was off.
I am not sure about the future but Hilux, post discount has been doing decent 250-300 units a month interms of sales. That's roughly same/more than Gloster which is a mainstream SUV. The discounts have been ongoing since a year now and Toyota has imported 2024 kits too. The mild hybrid has been launched, might come to our shores once Fortuner gets the same.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2024, 14:08   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post

With May sales added, the Hilux has been doing an average of nearly 300 units per month in the last 6 months. That is higher than the total sales of some companies surviving on a lone model.

Guess it is here to stay, considering that the Camry which does far less is still on sale. The sales figure would have far better if they had launched it as proper Hilux, instead of just as a lifestyle product.

ofcourse, it is doubtful whether the next gen would make it to India, considering the next gen would be more expensive and Toyota has already launch the cheaper Champ in other markets.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks