Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2023, 08:22   #31
BHPian

Re: Toyota Hilux Review

Cool review, thanks for posting it. I'm always interested in reviews of the Hilux since here we have the Toyota Tacoma, which is the North American Spec only pickup. Rest of the world gets the Hilux, North America gets the Tacoma. Similar to the Hilux but still different. And no diesels offered in the Toyota range here. Only a 3.5 Liter V6 gasoline with a 6 speed auto or a manual (my truck is an auto). I can fully attest to the "S" mode being great for offroading.

Curious if the Hilux has this option? It's kind of cool to view while driving up grades on a mountain trail.
Toyota Hilux Review-4.jpg

I have to admit, I have always preferred the Tacoma front end to the Hilux front end.
Toyota Hilux Review-41.jpg
AKTransAM is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 13:54   #32
BHPian

What do you know? There is a huge ad for the Hilux on the Mumbai-Pune expressway, in the ghats. Looks like Toyota is feeling the pinch of unsold inventory.
Old 27th March 2023, 18:28   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTransAM View Post
Curious if the Hilux has this option? It's kind of cool to view while driving up grades on a mountain trail.
Nice feature. The Indian spec Hilux doesn't have this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
Looks like Toyota is feeling the pinch of unsold inventory.
Looks like the Indian market has called Toyota's bluff on the pricing majortime. Now it remains to see if Toyota can go through with the bluff and clear off remaining inventory, or fold

100% of the people who can afford the Hilux can also afford the Fortuner, and 99% of them will not mind spending a few extra lakhs to get more luxury + a better rear suspension & brakes. Almost the entire 99% have no pressing need for a rear open bed. The 1% who really wanted the car for lifestyle / utility, are already done buying.
corneliu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 07:30   #34
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota Hilux launched at Rs. 33.99 lakh

Hilux Price cut -Base model- Speed limit and commercial registration.

Toyota and price cuts usually do not go together, more so in our market. Just like other members, I too was a little surprised and we thought about old stocks and new norms etc. Turns out the reduction is on a new base model which is intended for commercial use and will be speed limited to 80-Kmph. Dealers are not sure if this model can be registered as private yet.

Last edited by Turbanator : 29th March 2023 at 08:22.
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 10:37   #35
Senior - BHPian

30L ex showroom for a commercial pickup limited to 80kmph. Way to go on a business plan!!!

There is always someone in each company hell bent on making a product fail. Some of us dealers regularly discuss this.

None the less. I'm sure the super reliability and robustness argument will be great to convince a transporter to buy a 30L pickup instead of a mahindra pickup. All the best to Toyota!

Oh and any news on the 12L discount on the High AT version?

Last edited by navpreet318 : 29th March 2023 at 10:39.
navpreet318 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 17:44   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Got a call from Rathod Toyota saying they have received fresh lot (March 2023 Manufacturing) of Hilux with the new offer, buy back scheme of Toyota. So someone looking for an immediate delivery of Hilux in the western region can contact (8511004042) them

Last edited by karan561 : 30th March 2023 at 17:45.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 09:29   #37

Quote:
Cool review, thanks for posting it. I'm always interested in reviews of the Hilux since here we have the Toyota Tacoma, which is the North American Spec only pickup. Rest of the world gets the Hilux, North America gets the Tacoma. Similar to the Hilux but still different. And no diesels offered in the Toyota range here. Only a 3.5 Liter V6 gasoline with a 6 speed auto or a manual (my truck is an auto). I can fully attest to the "S" mode being great for offroading.
I had a 19 TRDOR 6MT. Traded it in after a year and always missed it. Couple of months ago picked up a 23 TRD Pro 6MT. Love it!

Toyota Hilux Review-img20190927wa0022.jpg

Toyota Hilux Review-pxl_20230220_195416708.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 1st May 2023 at 05:08. Reason: Quote trimmed, pictures inserted in-line.
absolutpowers is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 23:24   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutpowers View Post
I had a 19 TRDOR 6MT. Traded it in after a year and always missed it. Couple of months ago picked up a 23 TRD Pro 6MT. Love it!
Cool color. They're definitely good trucks. Only reason I didn't want a manual transmission was I didn't want to mess with shifting while going up hairy mountain trails.
Old 11th April 2023, 19:28   #39
Senior - BHPian

In case anyone's interested a High Manual 4x4 Hilux is available with a 6.5L discount and a High AT 4x4 Hilux is available for a discount of 3L.

This is in Dehradun.

Home ministry has rejected the Hilux so putting it out there for people to try.
Old 14th April 2023, 05:53   #40

Quote:
Cool color. They're definitely good trucks. Only reason I didn't want a manual transmission was I didn't want to mess with shifting while going up hairy mountain trails.
Thank you. It's the special TRD Pro color for 23. Solar Octane. Depending on light it changes from orange to blood red.

I have other cars that I daily drive and the 6MT really lives that V6 up.

Just glad I go it before the switch to 4th gen, where no 6MT maybe offered.
absolutpowers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 16:34   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Hilux launched at Rs. 33.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Turns out the reduction is on a new base model which is intended for commercial use and will be speed limited to 80-Kmph. Dealers are not sure if this model can be registered as private yet.
Intended for commercial use? If they had an iota of intent for the commercial market, they should have launched the 2.4l diesel, 2WD in low ride height. Not the 2.8l 4X4 high ride variant.

Certainly not for 30 lakhs and with the 80km/h limit.
Old 25th April 2023, 17:05   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't quite understand what will be the target customer base for a Hilux commercial in India. All said and done about the capability, reliability and the lot - for pick-up duties, I think our market will continue to go for Mahindra contraptions. There simply isn't the need of a super-capable dual cab pick-up IMO. Our market manages to abuse low power, low capability vehicles to unimaginable levels, and gets the job done anyway.

Who needs a yellow plate Hilux? A transport businessman would try to buy Bolero pickup & a 709/407 instead in similar budget.
Old 27th May 2023, 19:31   #43
BHPian

Was there any minor update in 2023 for the Hilux compared to the 2022 models?

With recent discounts on the Hilux I was wondering if it will be discontinued in India. Dealers seem to be ready to off load the stock.

At 48 Lakhs plus On Road in Hyderabad, High AT is an expensive proposition. With the newer Vcross taking forever to come to India and Hilux future uncertain, I am wondering should I take the plunge now with the discounts around.

My Primary use case it to carry Cycles around along with kids. Regular visits to farm 50km away. Occasionally move stuff around. In between I have a Thar that I take for off roading. / site visits. It will only be AT if I pick one.

A used Hilux AT would suffice my needs. But I am not finding any AT's for sale. Even in the Vcross there are just 2 AT's across India in the used car market.
Old 1st June 2023, 17:47   #44
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Thought I would share the Hilux getting PPF with you all.

Done in Dehradun.

dhruvmalik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 20:03   #45
BHPian

Posting this one here just for laughs!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks