Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2023, 09:58   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota denies reports of heavy discounts on Hilux

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Earlier this week, there were reports of heavy discounts on the Toyota Hilux. Dealers were said to be offering a discount of Rs 6 lakh on lower variants and up to Rs 8 lakh on the higher trims of the pick-up truck.
People have taken discounts of more than 9-10 lakh last week
I believe Toyota sent a circular recently to the dealers to control this however you can still get above discount from the dealer.
Shubhendra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 10:01   #62
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Toyota Hilux Review

Yes, it's true, no manufacturer would like the public to know that their cars are being sold at such high discounts, especially considering it's a brand like Toyota which has decent numbers in terms of sales.

However, dealers who have the Hilux in stock are doing all they can to get rid of them! (so 6-10 lakhs discounts, isn't a surprise)
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 11:13   #63
BHPian

Got this quote from Ravindu Toyota. Its overpriced even with the discounts.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf e-brochure-hilux.pdf (6.37 MB, 251 views)
File Type: pdf Ravindu Fortuner & Hilux Price List 1st Apr 2023.pdf (215.8 KB, 436 views)
Old 1st July 2023, 11:16   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariMan View Post
Got this quote from Ravindu Toyota. Its overpriced even with the discounts.
I don't see any discounts here! it's their base price list!
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 12:41   #65
BHPian

Who would have thought!!

Let me elaborate the title of my post a bit.

I drive the Thar Petrol Soft top AT. Been 1.5 Years and 18000 Kms. Absolutely love it.

Just 5 days back I test-drove the Jimny Petrol Alpha AT and was determined to buy it. Key reason: Easier access for my babies (my dogs) due to 5 door setup. Key positives for me: Bigger boot space than the Thar, 6 airbags, better ride quality and less wind noise (given the soft-top of the Thar).

Enter the news about huge discounts on Hilux which I read on the forum at about 9 a.m. yesterday 30th June (all thanks to our dearest forum) and I sent a message to the dealer in Noida to confirm the same. (Some background to my interest in Hilux: I have ALWAYS wanted it. BUT, not at the price point Toyota was selling it for.) The dealer confirmed to me the discount over the call and the final price on a handwritten note which was sent to me by WhatsApp. Don't hold your breath since it's already been mentioned on the forum; I got a cash discount of INR 10 Lakhs on High AT and INR 1 Lakh worth of accessories free. The final On-road price in NOIDA that I was being offered was INR 34,27,891 (with extended warranty). The same prior to the discount was about INR 45.7 Lakhs. At this price point, which I am not sure will be available till when, I don't think it makes any sense at all for anybody to buy the Isuzu V-cross, for all that the Hilux offers over the V-cross. Thats my opinion.

Was I sold? YES.

Do I intend to buy the vehicle at this price? Well, the price was so mouth-watering for me, I bought it yesterday itself and took the delivery yesterday evening too . It all happened in straight 3-4 hours. Yes, I did not do a detailed PDI, but all I checked was that the machine is a June 2023 manufacture and it had 12 Kms on the odo, and I got the color I always loved on the Hilux, GRAY METALLIC, which was available in stock.

The journey begins now. I love the Thar, so that stays. This is easily the costliest 'impulsive' buy of my life; that being said, I have always wanted it and might have bought it at launch had the launch price been reasonable, and also, I don't think (at least for now), that I will need to buy any more cars in my life (unless they stop selling diesel ).

I have driven the car for about 125 kms since taking delivery yesterday at about 8 p.m. last night, and it feels awesome, definitely tank-like. More updates to follow once I start experiencing the truck and take it to the mountains.

Once again, Teambhp, I love you. I would definitely not have bought the machine I always dreamt of, but for the forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Hilux Review-img_0011.jpg  

Touringlawyer is offline   (219) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 14:17   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touringlawyer View Post
Who would have thought!!
I bought it yesterday itself and took the delivery yesterday evening too . It all happened in straight 3-4 hours. .

Once again, Teambhp, I love you. I would definitely not have bought the machine I always dreamt of, but for the forum.
Congratulations on getting this nice all rounder vehicle . You plan to sell your Thar anytime soon?
sandeeprawat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 18:11   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Extremely happy to hear it and hope you have many great miles and memories with it!
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 09:42   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeeprawat View Post
Congratulations on getting this nice all rounder vehicle . You plan to sell your Thar anytime soon?
Hi Sandeep,

I don't think I plan to sell the Thar EVER. For everything else, the Hilux will do the job for me. BUT, the reason for me not to sell the Thar ever, is the main reason I bought it for, a proper 4x4 with CONVERTIBLE TOP (Goes without saying, there's a lot many other factors too, for e.g. that Petrol Engine, OMFG!) and the AT gearbox. And the colour that I have and absolutely love, the Rocky beige (olive green kind of) has been discontinued by Mahindra, I believe. There is absolutely nothing on the road that matches the way a Thar convertible top looks. Check it out.

In my driving experience of about 2 decades now, I don't think there is any driving experience 'at all' that matches the "open top" driving experience that only a convertible can give. Though really immaterial to me personally, I can tell you that when you drive the Thar with top-down, EVERY SINGLE PERSON
on the road turns to look at you. In fact, I'm now considering pulling the Thar convertible top permanently down and keep it in that state. So that's that.

Sorry for the long reply. Couldn't control emotions, as it happens with our kind who love their automobiles.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Hilux Review-img_4502.jpg  

Touringlawyer is offline   (42) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 09:57   #69
BHPian

Quote:
I got a cash discount of INR 10 Lakhs on High AT and INR 1 Lakh worth of accessories free. .
Do you mind sharing contact details of your SA?
Here in Himachal dealer is offering 5.7 lacs of discount on Hilux.
Old 2nd July 2023, 10:13   #70
BHPian

To the Hilux owners,

Any advice on the Modifications / Add ons?

I'm wondering if I should get the Lid cover now? I'm also considering the steel canopy in future, so in two minds if buying the Lid cover now makes sense because the money will go waste when I get the steel canopy later. But also, can't carry luggage on travels without the Lid Cover considering the security aspect.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Touringlawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 10:17   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelerati View Post
The product positioned as a Lifestyle Vehicle has not found many buyers and there are huge stocks piled up which are lying unsold.
Very obvious. It’s the 207 of Toyota. Used in the civil industry by workers in the UAE than a private car even at half the price. Not sure what’s the fun in spending so much on a pick up truck when even the world hasn’t accepted it with the same perspective.

Toyota Hilux Review-img_5899.jpeg

Cheers
Amey
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 10:18   #72
BHPian

Since I have received the request for contact details of the Sales Advisor / Dealership from a few members and I think it would help others interested in buying too, I have checked with my Sales Advisor and she has okayed for her number to be shared on a public forum.

Feel free to reach out to her. To my understanding, they might have a few vehicles in stock.

Chitra Dhankar
Espirit Toyota,
Sector 8,
NOIDA
Touringlawyer is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 11:23   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Who would have thought!!

Let me elaborate the title of my post a bit.

Don't hold your breath since it's already been mentioned on the forum; I got a cash discount of INR 10 Lakhs on High AT and INR 1 Lakh worth of accessories free. The final On-road price in NOIDA that I was being offered was INR 34,27,891 (with extended warranty). The same prior to the discount was about INR 45.7 Lakhs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv45in View Post
Do you mind sharing contact details of your SA?
Here in Himachal dealer is offering 5.7 lacs of discount on Hilux.
So, the media reports initially were all true and Toyota straight away lied with their needless media statement, doesn't suit a company of their stature at all and there no lack of honour in accepting a product has failed and they are offering discount to move the stock, it was never a hot segment in India and despite what people were justifying during its launch, the price was exceedingly inflated at launch and this was no Innova or Fortuner to be able to get away with that sort of unreasonable insanity.

(Although other companies have followed suit and most cars are unreasonably overpriced these days)

What more, a BHPian actually brought the car home at discounted price, so that successfully exposes their lies, not cool at all Toyota!

And to Touringlawyer, congratulations, you got a great deal and the car without doubt looks super cool and seems to be a great addition to your garage!
Rocketscience is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 11:27   #74
BHPian

Quote:
So, the media reports initially were all true and Toyota straight away lied with their needless media statement, doesn't suit a company of their stature at all and there no lack of honour in accepting a product has failed and they are offering discount to move the stock, it was never a hot segment in India and despite what people were justifying during its launch, the price was exceedingly inflated at launch and this was no Innova or Fortuner to be able to get away with that sort of unreasonable insanity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
Yes, it's true, no manufacturer would like the public to know that their cars are being sold at such high discounts, especially considering it's a brand like Toyota which has decent numbers in terms of sales.

However, dealers who have the Hilux in stock are doing all they can to get rid of them! (so 6-10 lakhs discounts, isn't a surprise)
This was really evident, and nothing surprising! And kudos to our BHPian for getting the Hilux at such a steal deal! at a time when car prices are constantly rising, such a discount is unheard of. Anyone looking for the Hilux should jump up and grab them as soon as they can! you never know how long they last.

Last edited by bijims : 2nd July 2023 at 11:32.
bijims is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 11:53   #75
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats on the absolute steal & wishing you many happy miles on this vehicle! It's really a treat to drive.

At these prices, anyone sitting on the fence right now should jump in without thinking. The only other time I've heard the word "discount" with Toyota was when they were offering the keychain for free.
corneliu is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks