Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2024, 08:25   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Hilux Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTransAM View Post
PrideRed, I'm curious-why is the engine capped at 80km/hr?
Toyota markets this variant for commercial use hence speed is limited to 80Km/Hr. Ideally should have been limited to only yellow board but for reason best known to Toyota , they sell with limiter for white board too.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 00:04   #227
BHPian

Ah okay. Thanks for the clarification. Had no idea that commercial pick up truck variants were speed limited. Doesn't make sense really to me.
Old 26th March 2024, 13:13   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Toyota markets this variant for commercial use hence speed is limited to 80Km/Hr. Ideally should have been limited to only yellow board but for reason best known to Toyota , they sell with limiter for white board too.
So if we want the speed limiter to be unlocked, then we must only get the "High" variant, right?

Is the headlight a dual barrel setup? I mean, is there a separate barrel for high beams, or are both low and high beams contained in the same barrel?
Old 26th March 2024, 14:29   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phukan23 View Post
So if we want the speed limiter to be unlocked, then we must only get the "High" variant, right?

Is the headlight a dual barrel setup? I mean, is there a separate barrel for high beams, or are both low and high beams contained in the same barrel?
Yes, speed limiter or SLF as Toyota calls it, is only for standard variant. This is targeted at yellow board but also available for white board registration. Headlamp is double barrel setup with Auto function.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 19:37   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, speed limiter or SLF as Toyota calls it, is only for standard variant. This is targeted at yellow board but also available for white board registration. Headlamp is double barrel setup with Auto function.
Any safe way to unlock this limit? Assume it is an ECU thing and not a separate limiter device.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 21:19   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Any safe way to unlock this limit? Assume it is an ECU thing and not a separate limiter device.
It should be possible and there are options available i believe. Toyota says they cannot remove for white board due to regulations. Would have been nice if Toyota did it for white board as restriction is for yellow board only. The standard variant is also 200 Kilo heavier as per brochure!
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 18:00   #232

Quote:
7000KM with Hilux Standard variant

- While Toyota gave lot of features/safety kit for what is a commercial variant, with price reduction they removed few bits like cruise control, IMT and hill descent control. Not a deal breaker but would have been nice to have.
Congratulations on your purchase!

Fortunately in my case I have the April 2022 Standard model (part of the first batch) which did not have any speed regulator plus it comes with hill descent control, IMT and cruise control. At that time I was able to bargain a pretty descent price. High MT/AT was way out of budget.
Airavat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 22:04   #233
BHPian

A family member is looking to buy Hilux. Expecting discount between 12-13 lakhs. Any leads will be highly appreciated. Ready to take delivery from any part of the country.
Old 1st April 2024, 16:59   #234

Quote:
It should be possible and there are options available i believe. Toyota says they cannot remove for white board due to regulations. Would have been nice if Toyota did it for white board as restriction is for yellow board only. The standard variant is also 200 Kilo heavier as per brochure!
Any idea where is the extra 200 kg going (over the High variant)?
Old 16th April 2024, 14:43   #235

I trust this message finds you all in good spirits. I'm so overly excited to be posting in this forum for the first time after being an avid reader for so many years!

Tomorrow, I'm scheduled to receive delivery of my booked Hilux, which was manufactured at the end of March. I've gone through the pre-delivery inspection (PDI) process; and the RTO procedures are currently underway.

I have a question regarding the discount offered to me. I've been extended a discount of 10 lacs, and upon reviewing the invoice, I noticed that only a discount of around 3 lacs from Toyota is reflected. I'm extremely curious about how the remaining discount is being accounted for! Will there be a receipt provided for the payment I've made?

I'd appreciate any insights or clarification you can provide on this matter!
worthyvulture is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 23:02   #236
Senior - BHPian

Hilux completed 10k, got the car serviced at United Toyota. This was first oil change, while in estimate 0W30 was mentioned in final bill 5W30 was used. Got wheel alignment and balance done at service center. There were no other issues with car. Total bill came to 8.5K. Had topped up Adblue at home and hence was not filled at service center. Hilux has a bigger tank than Fortuner and full tank should last 10K KMs.

6 check in bags, 3 cabin bags and some more space to gobble few backpacks.

Toyota Hilux Review-img_6123.jpeg

With the Fortuner

Toyota Hilux Review-img_6147.jpeg

Hauling brown gold-cacao

Toyota Hilux Review-2de91f24a80f4cbfb89f995f075efcb1.jpeg
PrideRed is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks