Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2024, 10:43   #781
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpagedar View Post
+1
One point I would like to mention is that the drive info trip meter resets if the engine is off for more than 3 minutes.
Why not use the accumulated info for long drives?
bblost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 11:18   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie_27 View Post
Hi Guys!

Firstly, wishing everyone a very Happy New Year. Hope 2024 be as auspicious and prosperous for everyone as possible and hope you all bid adieu to 2023 in the best ways possible.

Bidding adieu to 2023, I decided to do it with a bang. In brief, I got the delivery of my Hyundai Verna on the last day of the year.

I had been looking for a car for a month and have been trying and test driving cars all across segments, but alas, the heart affixed on this.

I bought the SX IVT White Verna.

First impressions are in the works and will be published soon in a separate thread.
Congratulations!!!
SX IVT is on my radar along with City VX, and Elevate.
Not keen on ADAS, hence SX is a good option.
Eagerly waiting for your review.
Please let us know hill driving experience under full load, if possible.
Thanks.
rajivr1612 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 22:59   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Why not use the accumulated info for long drives?
Yes, could do that although I was thinking of using it for the long term average of the vehicle.
gpagedar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 01:08   #784
BHPian

Just completed a 1500 km road trip to Coorg and Wayanad from Chennai and I must say the car is heaps of fun on our highways and on the hills. The gearbox performed phenomenally well with quick downshifts and to my surprise even held on to lower gears on inclines and steep declines even in 'D'- something that is new to me having only driven the City CVT and Manual cars. Ground clearance was never an issue through the course of the trip.

The headlights need an upgrade though and is definitely going to be my next mod.

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_2898.jpg
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-20231228-19_53_35.159.jpg
TN07 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 06:29   #785
BHPian

Hi
My brother in Law got new Verna 2023 SX cvt three months back. Car is overall good but headlight throw is very poor. Went to Karol Bagh for headlight upgrade but the response was that the headlight unit is sealed, hence cannot be upgraded/modified. Further no foglamps have been provided lest someone should install projector led fog lamps. Any suggestions?
Old 4th January 2024, 12:02   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
I am looking forward to replacing my 2017 Creta D Manual with a turbo automatic. Verna ticks all the boxes except the headlights and non availability of wireless carplay. Looking forward to seeing if things change in 2024
I have an Alcazar(same headlight setup as Creta) and i test drove the new Verna recently and i felt Verna's headlights were better than Alcazar's though not adequate.

Also for the wireless carplay , why don't you go for carlink box?
callmeneo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 16:32   #787
BHPian

Given that there are lots of cars coming with the 360 camera including after market options, could anyone advice on the possibility of installing a hyundai oem one (from Alcazar maybe) or aftermarket? I am also cautious if this will impact the ADAS functionality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
I have an Alcazar(same headlight setup as Creta) and i test drove the new Verna recently and i felt Verna's headlights were better than Alcazar's though not adequate.

Also for the wireless carplay , why don't you go for carlink box?
I have the carlink 4.0 that I used to use with my Nios but it doesn't work with the Verna. Not sure about 5.0. Any suggestions of OTTOCAST? There were some reports of wireless AA/CP being enabled by an OTA update. Not sure how far this is true.

Last edited by vb-saan : 29th January 2024 at 15:04. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another. Thank you!
Grand Tourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 23:00   #788

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpagedar View Post
Has anyone bought a car cover for their 2023 Verna? Have been scouting the net but could not find any cover for the new model.

Any pointers would help.
I recently purchased cover from NeoDrift... Fits well and looks good.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_20231217_010922_8152.jpg  

GreenBeret is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 09:47   #789
BHPian

Hi all, I'll be collecting my Verna today. Has anyone figured out how to disable/ lower the intensity of the speed alerts which are mandated by law?
Old 6th January 2024, 22:27   #790
BHPian

Hello Folks,
Happy to let you all know that I will take delivery of my Black SX(O) DCT Turbo next week. I currently drive a Jetta TD Highline AT which I had bought in 2020 pre-worshipped. We wanted a second car at home and hence my first preference was to look for another well maintained car within a budget cap of 25L. Looked for XUV700s, Harriers, Tiguan to Civics and V40 Cross Country. Came very close in closing the deal with a 2019 Tiguan and 2017 V40 Cross Country. But head said no to pay almost 20Ls for a car which is more than 5 years old. The new Verna is the only car to which both head and heart gave a nod in unison. The deal that I got from my Dealer in Nashik was icing on the cake.
Keep munching miles,
RoadSurfer.
RoadSurfer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 15:49   #791
BHPian

Another journey on the Mysore expressway on my Verna and it makes me smile even more. From returning a mileage of 15 kmpl and being able to keep up and overtake Mercs and Fortuners without breaking into too much of a sweat, it is a complete package in every way. Drive it sedately and it’s good , start to floor it and it gets better!

We had been to Timappana Betta near Ramanagara, a place famous for Sholay shooting and also represented by Political heavy weights of Karnataka. Adding a pic of the place called Jodi Kallu or “Stone Couple”!
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_4750.jpeg  

PeteKing75 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 18:10   #792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trakesht View Post
Hi all, I'll be collecting my Verna today. Has anyone figured out how to disable/ lower the intensity of the speed alerts which are mandated by law?
In the same boat as you! No luck yet with this. Please let everyone know if you come across some solution to the pathetic beeps.
Old 8th January 2024, 13:06   #793

Hi All,

Happy to be a part of this community

My first post here , so ignore any mistakes made on my end!

I took delivery of my Verna Turbo SX(o) about a month ago and absolutely loving it so far.

This is my first turbo petrol, so Im still getting used to the power ( had a polo before).

I have come across a few niggles that I am not sure if it's normal in my car and was hoping you'll to confirm/affirm the same before I take my car in for the first service.

1. Read a lot about the steering alignment being off, this seems to be the case with me as well. It tilts slightly towards the left and I noticed this when I was following the lane on an empty straight road. Any update on the ones facing this what the service engineers say?

2. The side fenders on the front seem to get very hot almost after every drive? Is this common for a turbo petrol? My polo didn't seem to be this hot to the touch even after extended driving hours

3. Initially I got a very unusual smell after drive, somewhat like the tires burning ( i am a sedated driver and haven't unleashed the car yet). Any idea what this could be? It seem to be prominent near the fuel tank and near the engine.

4. Does the electronic parking brake make a whining noise everytime you turn it on and off?

5. Small stone on the road tend to roll in and hit the bottom of the car very often. The noise of the stones pelting against the under belly is very clear when there's no music playing. Anyone else felt the same?

6. One of the other points that was brought up in this thread was the mention of a service being done and it showed up in the bluelink app.

I happened to check this recently and found out that there is a service record of Rs.4715, dated 20 days AFTER I took delivery of my vehicle. This did not make any sense to me as someone else mentioned that this is the service PDI conducted by the dealer when the vehicle reaches the stockyard.

I asked Hyundai about it and all I got was that this could be the accessories kit that was billed to you ( i took the standard 10k accessories).

I don't quite agree with this statement and seems fishy, anyone inputs for this?

Most of these might seem like noob questions, but this is my first auto turbo, so your inputs are appreciated

Thanks,
TNCruiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 16:52   #794
BHPian

Does anyone know if there are any discounts on the 2024 manufactured SX IVT?

A good friend of mine works in a dealership and is offering a 20k cash discount on 23 manufactured cars and a 30k exchange bonus, however no discounts on the 24 manufactured ones. I was inclined to take the 23 models for discounts but the only color I want is black which they don't have currently, others are available though.
Just want to confirm if he is right about no discounts on the 2024 model or is just taking advantage as I am in urgent need of a car and that too specifically in black.
Old 8th January 2024, 19:11   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCruiser View Post
I took delivery of my Verna Turbo SX(o) about a month ago and absolutely loving it so far.
Congratulations to you on acquiring this lovely engine!! This car is truly a gem and will only add more smiles the more you drive it, especially when you get a chance to floor the pedal after the break-in period.

On the issues, I will comment on only the ones that I'm aware of.
Quote:
3. Initially I got a very unusual smell after drive, somewhat like the tires burning.
Even I got this in the initial days and then it went away. I guess that's normal in a new car.

Quote:
4. Does the electronic parking brake make a whining noise everytime you turn it on and off?
Yes, there is this sound when EPB is engaged/disengaged. I kind of find it cool explaining to others what sound is this.

Quote:
5. Small stone on the road tend to roll in and hit the bottom of the car very often.
Yes, this happens. And pretty normal for any car. Good thing in Verna is presence of wheel cladding for all 4 tyres that reduces the sound as compared to a stone hitting the bare metal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruchir031 View Post

A good friend of mine works in a dealership.
Just want to confirm if he is right about no discounts on the 2024 model or is just taking advantage as I am in urgent need of a car
How is he a "good" friend if you feel you're being taken advantage of? Anyway, don't expect discounts on new cars with MY24 manufacturing.

Last edited by MyLife_MyCar : 8th January 2024 at 19:26. Reason: corrected for grammar
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks