Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2024, 09:17   #1411
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review

Here is the software version details from my Seltos Xline after the update (done through USB)

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-img_20240110_171744.jpg

The software is dated 23-13-2023 and the update was shared on the Navigation updater on 2nd Jan 2024.
Old 11th January 2024, 10:33   #1412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
The OTA update is just a minor feature addition. The full update which is done through USB is a full 17GB file which updates the Infotainment unit firmware as well as all the Navigation system data too.
I doubt that any Sim services would allow even download of a 17Gb file (rar compressed) so you should do it with the Navigation updater process I had shared earlier.
Hey,

I received the OTA update on 2nd Jan and had gone ahead with it. Today I was trying to install the 17GB nav update and after I plugged the USB drive, system pop up came that the current version and version on USB is same. Apparently a manual update is not required if one has installed through OTA.

Attaching the screenshot herewith.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20240111-10.32.03.jpeg  

Alphaseal6 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 11:52   #1413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaseal6 View Post
Hey,

I received the OTA update on 2nd Jan and had gone ahead with it. Today I was trying to install the 17GB nav update and after I plugged the USB drive, system pop up came that the current version and version on USB is same. Apparently a manual update is not required if one has installed through OTA.

Attaching the screenshot herewith.
I got the same pop-up when connecting the USB. Despite this, I proceeded with the update, considering the earlier suggestions from others that OTA update might just be a minor feature addition. Since I already had the USB setup prepared, I decided to proceed with the update nonetheless.
bharathdonti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 13:11   #1414
BHPian

Hello People!
A few days back me and my family finalized Kia Seltos GTX Plus DCT which we are deciding to book this month. Currently we live in Jodhpur, Rajasthan. And my hometown is Nagaur, Rajasthan, a small town.

There is 1 Kia Showroom each in both cities. My father went to enquire the price for the same model in Nagaur. They promised to give extra discounts which will range from 20-30k.

Should I buy the car from a big city. Are there any advantages/disadvantages regarding the car quality, service, delivery time period or any other?
Old 11th January 2024, 14:36   #1415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasshhhh View Post
Should I buy the car from a big city. Are there any advantages/disadvantages regarding the car quality, service, delivery time period or any other?
If you normally live in Jodhpur, I would suggest to buy from a local dealer as you are more concerned with After Sales Service rather than the buying itself. There will be no difference in the quality of vehicle from either of the dealers.
SeniorC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 15:25   #1416

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathdonti View Post
I always keep my tires at 33psi
doesn't the TPMS warn you of low tire pressure, if you do that?
Old 11th January 2024, 15:40   #1417
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaanS View Post
doesn't the TPMS warn you of low tire pressure, if you do that?
The low tyre pressure warning activates at a level of 30psi and above that you don't get any errors.
Old 11th January 2024, 16:59   #1418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorC View Post
If you normally live in Jodhpur, I would suggest to buy from a local dealer as you are more concerned with After Sales Service rather than the buying itself. There will be no difference in the quality of vehicle from either of the dealers.
We will have only 1st service in Jodhpur. As my family is planning to move Jaipur in June-July this year. The Jodhpur Kia has told that registration of the car can be done from Jaipur RTO based on address proof. So, subsequent services will be from Jaipur.

My car quality concern has been settled as per your take.
My second concern is regarding difference in delivery waiting period.

And also Nagaur Kia informed my father that any booking made till March-April will get 2023 manufactured Seltos. Will that be same everywhere? Or is it because of the extra discount?
And is it a major issue if we went ahead with 2023 manufactured one(it will be in our family for 8-10 years)? Also any tip on how to know the month of manufacture after booking but before delivery?
Old 11th January 2024, 18:18   #1419

Quote:
Also any tip on how to know the month of manufacture after booking but before delivery?
Internet wisdom suggests looking at the last digit of the 19 digit VIN number. However in our case, the SA was able to share only 17 digits. Since we had a reasonably good rapport, he showed the date on an Excel file (which had a list of all the cars they had on hand) on one of the systems when we went for the PDI.
twisted.arrow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 22:06   #1420
BHPian

Quote:
I got the same pop-up when connecting the USB. Despite this, I proceeded with the update, considering the earlier suggestions from others that OTA update might just be a minor feature addition. Since I already had the USB setup prepared, I decided to proceed with the update nonetheless.
After the update, I've noticed that the auto high beam feature is no longer active. Has anyone else observed this change?
Old 12th January 2024, 00:02   #1421
BHPian

Quote:
There is 1 Kia Showroom each in both cities. My father went to enquire the price for the same model in Nagaur. They promised to give extra discounts which will range from 20-30k.

20-30k is too low a discount if it is MY2023. But if there is only 1 dealer and they don't have a lot of inventory, then I assume considering the supply-demand equation that the discounts may not be as high. But you should negotiate more IMO. Read my experience here. (Discounts in December or new model year car in January?)

Regarding if it's okay to buy a MY2023 in 2024, it comes down to how urgently you need the vehicle. The above linked thread has some good discussions.
MadrasTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 00:50   #1422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadrasTurbo View Post
20-30k is too low a discount if it is MY2023. But if there is only 1 dealer and they don't have a lot of inventory, then I assume considering the supply-demand equation that the discounts may not be as high. But you should negotiate more IMO. Read my experience here. (Discounts in December or new model year car in January?)

Regarding if it's okay to buy a MY2023 in 2024, it comes down to how urgently you need the vehicle. The above linked thread has some good discussions.
Your experience was worth reading.
And I am sorry for the miscommunication over the "extra discount" word. Here, by "extra" I meant "over and above". I should have been more clear while writing. Apologies!
I am getting a common discount of approximately 1lakh from both dealerships after trying almost every way of negotiation. But, yesterday, Nagaur Kia told that they will provide extra(over and above)20-30k of whatever Jodhpur Kia is providing, may be the reason being the approaching booking date(22nd January).
As Nagaur is a small town, and will not be living here(which will stand true for Jodhpur too, from mid 2024), hence, confusion arise.

Also can I ask them directly for the manufacturing month? Can I know it before booking? As don't want any mid 2023/problematic product.
Old 12th January 2024, 06:24   #1423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
I would suggest you ask him to connect with some other dealer in city.
Thanks for your inputs man, will ask him to check in another dealer and get it fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
The dealership in my city under insurance fixed and repainted the entire backside and provided a very good finishing barely distinguishable from the factory finish.
Thanks for your reply man, will ask him to look for another dealer to do the job. And yes, my friend has filed a complaint against that dealer. Sure that it will come in the news soon. Be alert!
Old 12th January 2024, 12:57   #1424
BHPian

Quote:
I always keep my tires at 33psi, even when I have 2 adults and 1 child in the car. On the highway at 80 to 95 speed, I get 22 to 23km/l mileage. In the city, with steady traffic, I get 17 to 19km/l when driving calmly.

However ,if I drive aggressively in the city, I only get 12km/l. On the highway, heavy driving gives me 18km/l.

Keeping the tire pressure at 33psi doesn't hurt mileage and makes the ride much smoother.
Today's city run within Hyderabad. Driving in Normal Mode
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift Review-pxl_20240112_071012411.jpg  

Old 12th January 2024, 13:39   #1425
BHPian

Is the 360-degree camera in Seltos connected to the Kia app which enables us to monitor what is happening around the cars remotely?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks