Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2023, 00:39   #946
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Honda must have assumed ki, "Yeh bhi nahi chalega" (like Amaze, Jazz, WRv, BRV, New CRV, New Civic), and planned low capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnemo View Post
Just took a test-drive of the Elevate from Dakshin Honda, Hosur road Bangalore and my quick observations after a test drive of the Elevate ZX CVT.

Sub-par showroom experience
I had pre-booked the Honda Elevate, and I spent upwards of an hour at the showroom but nobody attended to us to explain the vehicle's features or to talk to us about financing or waiting periods.

Afterwards, we were treated like one more item, waiting to be crossed off the checklist of test-drive awaiting prospects.

Even during the test-drive, I asked about ADAS activation and how to test it out, and the showroom person accompanying us was clueless, he'd never heard of ADAS or emergency braking ! And thus, I came away without getting to test out some of the key USPs of the product.

What an absolute downer, Dakshin Honda !
I would say you are lucky that you got the TD Vehicle to experience.

Even I paid a visit to Dakshin Honda on 16th Sep. The front office lady collected my Phone number, Name and asked me about the car in which I am interested then she upfront told me that there was no test drive vehicle available. She informed me that the TD vehicle will be available after 28th Sep. I was waiting for someone to address us but no one bothered to address us. We waited for almost 20 mins, then I left. I was thinking if this is the situation during sales what would be their behavior after sales.

However, I got a chance to experience the Car Interior and exterior which was available inside the showroom. Not sure of the Variant, but it was a CVT Variant. Here is my Key Observation:

Exterior:
1. Looks wise I like the front and rear look. From side view, it did not appear big compared to Seltos or Creta.
2. Upon lifting the Bonnet, I felt, it is lighter compared to Creta, Seltos and Grand Vitara. Doors also felt lighter. I am not doubting the structural strength of this car.

Interior:
1. As pointed by many FMs, I too found the front seat traverse to be less. I am 6ft tall. In fact I noticed it is even lesser than my Santro.
2. Dashboard design is good but the wow factor is missing. Plastic quality is good.
3. Rear seat comfort is Ok and good for 2 person. 2 adult and a kid may feel uncomfortable during long rides.

So far it has not yet impressed me with its list of feature set. With the current discount from Hyundai+exchange bonus, the SX Manual variant cost comes around 18.75 which is the similar price of Elevate ZX Manual variant.

Waiting for a test drive. I wish the drive impression comes positive.
Old 20th September 2023, 01:07   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haridsv View Post
Does Elevate support Auto Hold feature? Apparently City 5th Gen supports it so I am hoping Elevate does too.
City 5th Gen has it only in Hybrid avatar. But since elevate doesn't have a hybrid, this feature is also missing.
Also, there is an associated ADAS feature - auto pilot or something like that which enables to use ADAS below 30kmph speed, is also missing in elevate.
Old 20th September 2023, 09:29   #948

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapien View Post
City 5th Gen has it only in Hybrid avatar. But since elevate doesn't have a hybrid, this feature is also missing.
Are you sure? The pre facelift manual city had auto hold. Elevate might not have it. But the city had it. I'm sure cos i experienced the feature for the first time during my test drive of the city.
Old 20th September 2023, 09:58   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluminium View Post
Are you sure? The pre facelift manual city had auto hold. Elevate might not have it. But the city had it. I'm sure cos i experienced the feature for the first time during my test drive of the city.
Yes, just cross checked it in brochure as well https://www.hondacarindia.com/conten...n-brochure.pdf

Only eHEV has EPB https://www.hondacarindia.com/conten...v-brochure.pdf
Old 20th September 2023, 10:04   #950
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure how Auto Hold can be relevant to manual, as far as I understand, it is relevant for automatics only. I did a bit more study on the City feature and I see that it is described as "Electronic Parking Brake with Auto Hold", so I am assuming those two come together as a package. I see a manual parking brake in Elevate from pictures, so no Electronic Parking Brake probably implies no Auto Hold either.
Old 20th September 2023, 10:08   #951
BHPian

Quote:
I believe you are confused between Hill Hold and Auto Hold.

Honda City ICE has Hill Hold Assist, not Auto Hold. Both have different functionalities. Honda City ICE never had Auto hold feature in any variants. Refer this thread for Auto Hold.

Last edited by sreerknair : 20th September 2023 at 10:10.
sreerknair is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 10:37   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnemo View Post
Just took a test-drive of the Elevate from Dakshin Honda, Hosur road Bangalore and my quick observations after a test drive of the Elevate ZX CVT.

Sub-par showroom experience
I had pre-booked the Honda Elevate, and I spent upwards of an hour at the showroom but nobody attended to us to explain the vehicle's features or to talk to us about financing or waiting periods.

Since we were with a hungry bunch of kids, I went to politely inquire about tea or coffee at the pantry and was promptly turned down. Just a few min later, the lady operating the pantry walked with cups of coffee and offered it to the employees only. In all fairness, we were offered bottles of water though, but that was the peak of their hospitality.

What an absolute downer, Dakshin Honda !
That is a Honda feature. Back in 2014, I was upgrading from my humble i10. Had checked out the Verna and wanted to check out the City. Wife and I walked into Dakshin Honda about 11 in the morning. No other customers in the showroom. It took 30 minutes for one of super busy sales advisors to ask us what we wanted. And when they did come over to greet us, it was a look of disdain on seeing people in i10s coming to their showroom. How dare us.

Well, I ended up getting the Verna and upgrading again to an Alcazar. In the meantime, my family has got two more Hyundais. Well, my loss I guess???
Naetik30 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 11:33   #953

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
I believe you are confused between Hill Hold and Auto Hold.

Honda City ICE has Hill Hold Assist, not Auto Hold. Both have different functionalities. Honda City ICE never had Auto hold feature in any variants. Refer this thread for Auto Hold.
Oh. Thank you for clarifying. My bad.
Old 20th September 2023, 14:50   #954
BHPian

Hi Guys, owners please confirm the VIN location for ELEVATE, my friend is preparing for a PDI.

TIA
Old 20th September 2023, 17:35   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
Hi Guys, owners please confirm the VIN location for ELEVATE, my friend is preparing for a PDI.

TIA
The VIN number is located at the bottom door closing edge of the front passenger door. The SA should be showing it first when showing the car.
ComboCutter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 09:40   #956
BHPian

The Honda Dealers in Chennai are planning a mass delivery event for the Elevate later this week.

Good to see Honda supporting such events.
ComboCutter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 13:35   #957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizi05 View Post
I would say you are lucky that you got the TD Vehicle to experience.

Even I paid a visit to Dakshin Honda on 16th Sep. The front office lady collected my Phone number, Name and asked me about the car in which I am interested then she upfront told me that there was no test drive vehicle available. She informed me that the TD vehicle will be available after 28th Sep.
That's strange, I did my TD before this date at Dakshin Honda, Hosur road. It was a weekday though and I did it casually on a walk-in visit. That the sales guys dont know much and you have to educate them is something that I agree with.
Old 21st September 2023, 13:47   #958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizi05 View Post
Even I paid a visit to Dakshin Honda on 16th Sep. The front office lady collected my Phone number, Name and asked me about the car in which I am interested then she upfront told me that there was no test drive vehicle available. She informed me that the TD vehicle will be available after 28th Sep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
That's strange, I did my TD before this date at Dakshin Honda, Hosur road. It was a weekday though and I did it casually on a walk-in visit.
The test-drive was available only for three days that week in Hosur Road dealership. Probably they sent the test drive car to other showroom.
Old 21st September 2023, 14:36   #959
BHPian

Went to check-out the Honda Elevate today morning. My comparison would be with my Rapid and recently driven Kushaq.

Pros
  • Front fascia looks imposing
  • Even the base variant has LED (Can't comment on the performance since I went in the daytime)
  • Good interior space
  • Design of the alloy wheels and they also fill the wheel well
  • Interior colour scheme
  • A no-nonsense Honda
  • Ride and handling balance

Cons
  • The car feels flimsy, doors are light and lack the heft one expects at this price. Hope it does well in BNCAP
  • Interiors, well they just look good but the touch and feel reeks cost cutting
  • The dummy button on the right of the steering wheel was already loose
  • 6 Airbags are reserved only for the top model
  • The chassis is far more capable but the engine on offer belongs to the 2000s.
  • Rear looks bland and dare I say hatchback-ish
  • Front seats lack under-thigh support
  • A small fuel tank will result in frequent trips to the fuel station

I'm disappointed with Honda, I was expecting a lot more from them, considering the fact that they are so late to enter the most lucrative segment of the Indian automotive scene. The car feels like it's built to a cost, something which you don't expect in a premium crossover. It's nor here nor there kind of a car. KIA-MG have hit it out of the park when it comes to interiors, VAGs have sorted dynamics-safety and drivetrain in place, TATA has that Land Rover toughness to it, Creta is an all rounder. Being someone who has grown-up seeing the cars like Civic, Accord, the first & 3rd gen City, it's hard to believe what people at Honda have done to Brand. There was a time when owning a Honda city was status, wish Honda gets that Brand Value back (wishful thinking with products like Elevate).
sachin_cs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 19:16   #960
BHPian

Test drove the Elevate CVT from Dakshin Honda, Lavelle Road this evening. It was a brief test drive – a couple of kilometres within the city, at no greater than 50 kmph.
  1. The suspension is surprisingly firm, but in a good way. You’d like (and need) that in a car of its height. You can feel small undulations/ bumps at low speeds, but you can only feel them. It doesn’t become intrusive. It is entirely tolerable and passengers other than the driver might not even notice them too much. However, the interesting thing is that when you increase speed, the ride seems to improve. If you push it through a gentle but substantial undulation at more-than-optimal speed (like a well-designed large speed bump), it feels completely at ease. There is no unexpected pitching or anything like that. It handles the bump well and returns to equilibrium without fuss. There is a little sideways movement though (roll), and you can’t help but notice the height/ high centre-of-gravity of the car.
  2. The steering is good not great. You can point and shoot. It is predictable. But it does lack feedback to some extent. Much better than the Koreans though. It is good in that it is unremarkable.
  3. I liked the ergonomics. I am a thin guy about 5 ft. 9 in. tall and for me, the lumbar support in the driver’s seat is fantastic. Just loved it. The reach adjustment of the steering wheel isn’t enough, though. I wish it had more range. I didn’t sit at the back when the car was in motion. The leg room in the front passenger seat is lesser than I’d like because the upward incline in front begins much too close to the seat. Bigger feet can’t be placed flat on the floor.
  4. I loved the aesthetics of the interiors. I like that it isn’t ‘out there.’ It’s quiet and staid and mature and will certainly age well. The tan isn’t my favourite hue, but it does look good. I just love how that Honda instrument cluster looks too.
  5. Cabin insulation overall is acceptable. Not a patch on my XUV300 TurboSport. The engine becomes louder than you’d like earlier than you’d like. Of course, I didn’t really push it to see if that characteristically enjoyable iVTEC sound appeared. But cabin insulation is certainly better than the 5th generation City.
  6. The powertrain seems sufficient. But I didn’t get to drive it enough to offer any meaningful insight. Prima facie, it feels like it will be comfortable to drive in the city.

My somewhat finicky 68-year-old father who will be the car’s primary driver sat in the driver’s seat and instantly felt comfortable and pleased. I suppose that sums up the car. It’s an easy car to like. It isn’t a car that will amaze you (no pun intended). But it doesn’t get too much wrong. It will be a decent/ able upgrade from our 2017 pre-facelift S-Cross with the 1.3L MJD engine.
naadopaasaka is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks