Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2024, 12:05   #1696
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivemks View Post
This is the reason for 6 air bags - to get 5 star rating. Customers like me who have 2 airbags feel a big let down. I will never know the actual star rating of my car. We are ready to pay extra for improved safety which earlier Honda was providing only on top model to earn more(2.5Lakh extra). They were unable to gauge the market before 6 months and now rectified it.
Yes. I had to pay extra and go for ZX for 6 airbags. Otherwise, would have considered lower variants.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 4th April 2024 at 11:19. Reason: edited
Old 2nd April 2024, 12:59   #1697

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadriver View Post
Seat covers ~ 11k
Sides ~ 3k
Infinity Refs ~ 16k
Damping ~ 5k
How's the infinity refs' performance without an amplifier? Which brand of damping is done in the car and a single layer only?
Old 3rd April 2024, 09:01   #1698

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh498 View Post
How's the infinity refs' performance without an amplifier? Which brand of damping is done in the car and a single layer only?
Infinity Refs are probably the best speakers to put in if you are using the factory head unit. This is because they are one of the highest sensitivity speakers (93Db) and are rated at 3 Ohms. This means that the weaker head units can drive more current into the speakers and high sensitivity means more sound pressure created for each ampere.

I have the same speakers in my 4th gen facelifted Honda city as well. The music just comes alive in both of my Hondas with these speakers.

I got a double layered damping in my 4th gen Honda city. And there are some weird cross-connection issues that haven't fully resolved even after opening and fixing it a couple of times post installation. For example, there is a screech in my music when I lower the windows.

When looking at the door from the inside, it seems that there are a bunch of electricals that are mounted on the sheetmetal and it seemed prudent to not put a damping sheet on that (to avoid cross connect issues). Also, the music response is excellent with a single sheet too in the elevate.

Damping sheets were also of Infinity brand. Hope this helps.
hondadriver is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2024, 12:46   #1699

Quote:
Infinity Refs (93Db) and are rated at 3 Ohms. This means that the weaker head units can drive more current into the speakers and high sensitivity means more sound pressure created for each ampere.

When looking at the door from the inside, it seems that there are a bunch of electricals that are mounted on the sheetmetal and it seemed prudent to not put a damping sheet on that (to avoid cross connect issues). Also, the music response is excellent with a single sheet too in the elevate.
Thanks for the genuine explanations!
3ohms speakers are good indeed, I was checking with the normal morel mk2 speaker with blaupunkt head unit, and will check out the reference before the planned installation.

I was planning for double damping to reduce outside noise a little. So I understand that you have done damping to the outside not on the inside of the door panel! Have you found any reduction in outside noise in the cabin?
yogesh498 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2024, 23:06   #1700

Elevate CVT versus Taigun 1.0 TC

So I came across this video of Motorinc where they compare Elevate CVT with Taigun TC and say that "The performance of the Elevate CVT is good enough in our experience to match that of the Taigun 6 speed automatic, if not a bit faster".

I am puzzled - are they implying that a 1.5 L NA engine with a CVT is faster than a 1.0 turbo with a TC? What are your thoughts?

Last edited by Axe77 : 4th April 2024 at 05:13. Reason: Poorly typed. Clean up edits.
poder420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 00:20   #1701
BHPian

Re: Elevate CVT versus Taigun 1.0 TC

What exactly is there to be puzzled about? A basic google search would have shown you that the Elevate is more powerful than the 1.0 TSi. So nothing to be puzzled here.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 4th April 2024 at 11:20. Reason: typos.
robby0707 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 09:48   #1702

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh498 View Post
Thanks for the genuine explanations!
3ohms speakers are good indeed, I was checking with the normal morel mk2 speaker with blaupunkt head unit, and will check out the reference before the planned installation.

I was planning for double damping to reduce outside noise a little. So I understand that you have done damping to the outside not on the inside of the door panel! Have you found any reduction in outside noise in the cabin?
If you are changing the head unit then you can go with higher RMS+lower sensitivity speakers as well. Ultimately, remember that it's about the music you listen to, the frequency response of a speaker+HU combo. Also recognise that the speaker will have a break in period before it sounds like its real signature.

The outside noise was majorly reduced when I changed the tyres from stock goodyears to Continental UC6s. The damping sheet has reduced it even further. The cabin is quieter than my 4th gen city right now. Hope this helps.
hondadriver is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 10:33   #1703
BANNED

Quote:
The outside noise was majorly reduced when I changed the tyres from stock goodyears to Continental UC6s. The damping sheet has reduced it even further. The cabin is quieter than my 4th gen city right now. Hope this helps.
Problem with me is I have driven 3K and assume tyre dealer wont give a good buyback value to upgrade to UC6.. Had I done it after delivery, it would have been better. I did check with one tyre dealer to get his opinion on the good year used. He said Good Year is average brand but the grip used in Elevate is far better from its usual ones. What I also noticed is Bridgestone used in ZX also have the same noise issue(accepted by dealer too).

Now thinking of getting proper damping done. How much of % should the highway tyre/wind noise reduce at highway speeds of 80+? And you mentioned some reason about not going for double damping. Did not understand it. Can you elaborate ? If i need to do damping for noise reduction, double damping at proper places would be essential.

In better music performance, what difference did you feel ? Is it more crisp or bass was better ? I assume you were not able to do an exact before and after as you changed to infinity speakers and damping both at same time.
Old 4th April 2024, 22:17   #1704

Quote:
Problem with me is I have driven 3K and assume tyre dealer wont give a good buyback value to upgrade to UC6.. Had I done it after delivery, it would have been better. I did check with one tyre dealer to get his opinion on the good year used. He said Good Year is average brand but the grip used in Elevate is far better from its usual ones. What I also noticed is Bridgestone used in ZX also have the same noise issue(accepted by dealer too).

Now thinking of getting proper damping done. How much of % should the highway tyre/wind noise reduce at highway speeds of 80+? And you mentioned some reason about not going for double damping. Did not understand it. Can you elaborate ? If i need to do damping for noise reduction, double damping at proper places would be essential.

In better music performance, what difference did you feel ? Is it more crisp or bass was better ? I assume you were not able to do an exact before and after as you changed to infinity speakers and damping both at same time.
I really can't quantify in percentages the reduction in road and outside noise. But I feel less road and outside noise in my elevate than in my city.

The music sounds good. I listen to all kinds of music (metal, rock, punjabi, western classical piano). The sound reproduction from the infinity refs is pretty close to my Sennheiser pxc550-ii headphones so it's pretty neutral and pretty accurate. And sound pressure level is amazing at even 25 on the HU volume counter. Podcasts come out clear even at lower volume levels.

About the tyre changes, I would ask around for the best deal possible. 3K already run on the stock tyres means you won't get a great deal but you should be able to salvage ~70% of stock tyre's value vs. ~90% of stock tyre's value when new. The difference is not much in absolute INRs IMHO.
hondadriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 22:49   #1705

Hi. Wanted to share the accessories that we got for our Honda Elevate ZX CVT over the last couple of months. The list turned out to be quite long.
  1. Ventilated seat accessory: this is from Riggear. Ventilated seat was high on the list of our requirements but we still decided to go ahead with the Elevate. Thanks to BHPian @krishnakumar for his comprehensive and long term review of the Riggear ventilated seat accessory. You can read it here (Riggear Ventilated Seat Covers Review - Is it an alternative to Ventilated Seats?). Bought it from the official site, where its cheaper than Amazon. I am satisfied with its effectiveness. There is a mild noise when its in operation, but only the driver can hear it. Moreover, it does not compromise the seat comfort. I have attached this to the rear lighter port and the power adapter juts out a bit too much for my liking.
  2. Rear window sun shade: this is a must buy. Its sad that Elevate does not get this from the factory. It attaches magnetically to the window frame. But the door needs to be opened in order to attach or detach it. Cannot use it on the driver side window because it obstructs the view of the ORVM. It blocks a tiny part of the left ORVM when fixed on the co-driver side window; but this will depend on your seating position. For me, I have kept it attached only to the rear windows. https://amzn.in/d/b5IszFb
  3. Screen guard for the infotainment display. Fits well and does not create glares. https://amzn.in/d/b5IszFb
  4. Charger for phone, that goes into the lighter port. It has one USB-C and one USB-A. The type-C port supports 33W PD charging, so it can fast charge devices which support PD. Its quite small in size and stays out of the way. https://amzn.in/d/6pfPzQ1
  5. Dual channel dash cam: did some market research and found this to be the best option when considering price and video quality. Interestingly, 70mai pushes out firmware upgrades for this dashcam, which can be flashed using the app. However, the dashcam gets reset after a firmware upgrade, which is super annoying. https://amzn.in/d/3kfozwV
  6. Micro SD card for the dash cam: its important to use an SD card that is meant for frequent writes. This is ideal for usage in surveillance cameras and dashcams. SanDisk uses the term "High Endurance" for this. Other brands will have other monikers. https://amzn.in/d/4BYIRAe
  7. Car fragrance from Bath and Body Works. The perfume cartridge holder is affixed to the sun visor and stays out of the way. The ones that hang from the internal rear-view mirror (such as this one) obstructs visibility. There are many fragrances to choose from but here is an example: https://amzn.in/d/02WRKeT. You will need a holder for it, such as this one (many designs available).
  8. 90 degree short USB-A to USB-C cable for wired Android Auto (because wireless Android Auto is buggy in Elevate). I got this thinking that a long cable would create a mess. Unfortunately, this was a bad purchase. The cable got yanked multiple times when I reached out to pick up the phone without realizing that the short cable is attached. And the 90-degree bend is towards the other side (away from the center). https://amzn.in/d/abuH9I3
  9. External TPMS: yet another important thing that the Elevate misses out on. Got an external TPMS because fixing it was DIY. Bought the one with highest ratings on Amazon. Works well so far. I am not using the anti-theft locks. The solar charging does not work well for me because I have got sun-film installed on the windshield. Thankfully, it can be charged with a micro USB cable. I did not want one that is app based, since it might drain the phone battery and obtains unnecessary permissions such as location data. https://amzn.in/d/hi2QY4f
  10. Tyre inflator: there are too many options out there. Did some market research and went with this: https://amzn.in/d/fuNPvGt
  11. Neck pillow: wife needed one; usefulness is subjective. https://amzn.in/d/emXlGng
  12. Napkin holder: affixed to the sun visor. Blends well with the interior (roof) color. https://amzn.in/d/9ACBl1p
  13. Jopasu car duster: super highly rated and does what it promises. This is my go-to option when dry dusting the car. https://amzn.in/d/evkt2RB
  14. Mini trash can for car: fits perfectly in the cup holder and does not block access to the phone tray. https://amzn.in/d/iApE7QC
  15. Heavy duty micro fiber cloth. It does work quite effectively in drying the exterior surface. https://amzn.in/d/hTkCaa0
  16. Key cover. Feels and looks premium. The silicon adds a nice grippy texture to the key. https://amzn.in/d/03Ns8SY
  17. Carabiner key chain: for placing the key on the belt loop. Solid built and feels built to last. Comes in pair. https://amzn.in/d/1IBaHeA
  18. Ganesh idol for dashboard: there are 29 options to choose from. Elevate has a floating infotainment display, so any religious idol would be partially blocked from view. https://amzn.in/d/6Hk2c7R
amandal1810 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 11:19   #1706
BANNED

Honda giving 6 airbags standard from SV variant just within 6 months from its launch is a let down to the existing customers who somewhat had to compromise with it as ZX variant was almost 2-2.5 lakhs costlier. Had this been a facelift after few years, it was more acceptable. I wrote an email as below to Honda customer care demanding additional airbags while I'm ready to pay extra for it. I request fellow members to do so. Even if they don't adhere to the request, it should be an eye opener for them to not take their customer's lightly and their immature decisions have been noted.

Dear Honda Customer Support Team,

I hope this email finds you well. I recently purchased a Honda Elevate V CVT in Dec 2023 . However, I am writing to you today with a concern regarding the safety features of my vehicle.

Upon purchasing, I was somewhat dissatisfied to know that it came equipped with two airbags as standard safety features while the competition was offering six airbags. And for six airbags option I had to opt for the top ZX variant which is almost 2.3lakhs higher in price. However, I was recently informed that an upgraded version of my car model is now available, boasting an impressive six airbags for enhanced safety measures.

While I understand that advancements and upgrades are part of the automotive industry's evolution, I can't help but feel somewhat let down by the TIMING of this upgrade, which is less than 6 months of a newly launched product. As a loyal Honda customer, I believe that safety should always be a top priority, and the availability of additional airbags in the newer version raises concerns about the adequacy of the safety features in my current vehicle.

In light of this, I would like to inquire about the possibility of upgrading the airbag system in my car to match the newer version, which includes six airbags. I am willing to cover any associated costs for this upgrade, as I consider it essential to ensure the safety of myself, my passengers, and others on the road.

I kindly request your assistance in facilitating this upgrade process and providing me with information regarding the availability, feasibility, and cost of installing four additional airbags in my car. Prompt action on this matter would be greatly appreciated, as safety is paramount to me.

I look forward to your prompt response and cooperation in addressing my request.

Warm regards,
positivemks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 11:45   #1707
BHPian

Quote:
Honda giving 6 airbags standard from SV variant just within 6 months from its launch is a let down to the existing customers who somewhat had to compromise with it as ZX variant was almost 2-2.5 lakhs costlier. Had this been a facelift after few years, it was more acceptable.
While I get the disappointment, positive aspect of this is, it shows Honda is committed to support Elevate as a brand to be successful. I think that means better resale value in future.

Last edited by Axe77 : 10th April 2024 at 05:04. Reason: Typos. Caps.
Old 5th April 2024, 14:25   #1708
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud153 View Post
While i get the disappointement, positive aspect of this is, it shows Honda is commited to support Elevate as a brand to be succesful. I think that means better resale value in future.
Yes that is other side of the coin. My demand is to balance out both the sides and not just look on the flip side. New customers can rejoice. But the question here is of customers(who gave new life to Honda in India) who just bought a brand new launched product had to compromise safety because honda was shrewd enough to offer 6 airbags only if we bought ZX. I believe safety should have been non negotiable. It was much needed and competition was offering it. But they are no saints. If you look at the changes they are to get a 5 star rating. They were greedy enough initially to offer 6 airbags only on ZX to mint more money.
positivemks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 15:09   #1709
BHPian

Quote:
But they are no saints. If you look at the changes they are to get a 5 star rating. They were greedy enough initially to offer 6 airbags only on ZX to mint more money.
Agreed. Other reason, why they must have held this off for 6 months is to make starting price at launch look more appealing on paper.
sud153 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 22:45   #1710
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks @positivemks. I will talk to my car interiors guy (He has done up 5 of my family's cars so far since 2006 so I trust him) and take the call on wrap interior. Can you post some pics of your dashboard after the paint treatment.

I am not thinking of changing the head unit. Just changing the speakers to high sensitivity units make a huge difference. I did the same in my 2 old Honda city cars. That is ample for my musical tastes
Hello Hondadriver

I read your posts with great interest. I'm contemplating similar changes if I get an elevate. It will be MT, possibly SV. Could you pls share the details of the workshop you have got your seat covers and speakers fitted from. I'd have PM'd you but somehow it doesn't seem enabled.

Thanks in advance
Vaibhav
vaibhav_a_a is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks