Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2024, 19:26   #1576
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Review

I went in to check Honda Elevate in showroom after going through tons of ink on this review page. I had seen few on the road and the car mostly ticked boxes for me so I thought I will give it good eyeball in person with only single niggle playing in my mind.

So many people can't be wrong: Found the adage to be true. Absolutely ignoring the sales pitch and lure of 'offers' made straight to the driver seat. Without even a TD, I had almost made up my mind that if seat experience is passable, I will lay cash on counter for Elevate.

Anyone saying driving seat thigh support is just OK will be doing disservice to those members of driving community who are most keen on driver seat comfort over other creature comforts. At Honda's end I am gobsmacked as to who passed the relevant processes and finalized driving seat position on Elevate. I am driving since 1985 and this was probably first time it happened that I sit in a car that is unknown to me and I am not able to find a natural sitting position even after spending good 10-12 mins fidgeting with every possible permutation and combination of seat adjustment. I couldn't put my finger to it but it just felt off. In comparison, only the queers experience of Bolero driving seat, takes the first place over Elevate.

Secondly, I am just an average built person of 5'10'' but while sitting on seat my lower thigh was 'in the air'. In absence of any thigh support, the experience of 'sitting' on available real estate was as great as sitting on those thin wood benches found outside at every chai tapri across north India. I had the forewarning from many reviews here but I didn't think the problem will be so severe. In fact it was so severe that I turn down even a TD from their sales guy.
HereticHermit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 20:10   #1577

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticHermit View Post
I went in to check Honda Elevate in showroom after going through tons of ink on this review page. I had seen few on the road and the car mostly ticked boxes for me so I thought I will give it good eyeball in person with only single niggle playing in my mind.

So many people can't be wrong: Found the adage to be true. Absolutely ignoring the sales pitch and lure of 'offers' made straight to the driver seat. Without even a TD, I had almost made up my mind that if seat experience is passable, I will lay cash on counter for Elevate.

Anyone saying driving seat thigh support is just OK will be doing disservice to those members of driving community who are most keen on driver seat comfort over other creature comforts. At Honda's end I am gobsmacked as to who passed the relevant processes and finalized driving seat position on Elevate. I am driving since 1985 and this was probably first time it happened that I sit in a car that is unknown to me and I am not able to find a natural sitting position even after spending good 10-12 mins fidgeting with every possible permutation and combination of seat adjustment. I couldn't put my finger to it but it just felt off. In comparison, only the queers experience of Bolero driving seat, takes the first place over Elevate.

Secondly, I am just an average built person of 5'10'' but while sitting on seat my lower thigh was 'in the air'. In absence of any thigh support, the experience of 'sitting' on available real estate was as great as sitting on those thin wood benches found outside at every chai tapri across north India. I had the forewarning from many reviews here but I didn't think the problem will be so severe. In fact it was so severe that I turn down even a TD from their sales guy.
I have been driving elevate since December and covered > 4k kms. I have had no problems with the driver's seat whatsoever. I am 5'10" too with average build and the drivers seat feels extremely comfortable. The cushioning is perfect and you get no fatigue at all.
Yes initially I struggled while TD to find a comfortable position but then I realised I have to adjust my backrest too along with seat height and travel to get the angle correct for accelerator and brakes. Although I feel the brakes are a bit too high for my liking.
sedate monkey is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 20:18   #1578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud153 View Post
I am getting beeps whenever i open driver side door until i close it. Do any of you know, waht could it mean?
From the Honda Elevate Owner Manual:

Honda Elevate Review-elevate_door_open_beeper.jpg
KryptonMonkey is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 23:12   #1579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedate monkey View Post
The cushioning is perfect and you get no fatigue at all.
Yes initially I struggled while TD to find a comfortable position but then I realised I have to adjust my backrest too along with seat height and travel to get the angle correct for accelerator and brakes. Although I feel the brakes are a bit too high for my liking.
I had no issues with cushioning. It wasn't plush but adequate. But small seat didn't work for me despite various combinations. Height adjuster have a travel of 55mm. So I really put in lot of efforts to see what works but coming from a lowly Santro seat my expectations were not too high I felt Santro still have better seating posture.

Agreed that brake and clutch control felt high.

Last edited by HereticHermit : 14th February 2024 at 23:13.
Old 14th February 2024, 23:28   #1580

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindinNewWheels View Post
Hello everyone,

I still wanted to take help from this forum and understand if the behavior is usual or abnormal. If anyone could be kind enough to test it on their Elevate and share the result it would be greatly helpful !! I am attaching the video of the behavior - if you look closely droplets of oil flying up in the air will be visible - is that normal ?

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=xYMOa93U9zo

Update to the above post - i tested out this behavior in couple more Elevates and found it to be consistent. So this one is a no-issue.
Old 15th February 2024, 00:07   #1581

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilshenay View Post
The Elevate proved to be exceptionally comfortable, surpassing my previous long-travel vehicle, the BRV, notably in its suspension. The seats were especially comfortable, but needed purchase a neck rest in Chennai. However, I'm looking to upgrade to a higher-quality option that complements the tan interior without appearing out of place. Suggestions are welcome.

Despite the extended travel time and the challenges of a toddler on board, we experienced zero fatigue after the trip, a testament to the overall comfort of the Elevate.
May I ask what is your height and weight?
The reason I ask is, I am 5 ft 11 inch & 89 kilos. Recently took a short test ride of Elevate. While I liked most of it, the one big problem.I faced was a pain in the right calf muscle after 20 minutes of driving. I am wondering if it's because of lesser under-thigh support.
Old 15th February 2024, 10:28   #1582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindinNewWheels View Post
Hello everyone,

I still wanted to take help from this forum and understand if the behavior is usual or abnormal. If anyone could be kind enough to test it on their Elevate and share the result it would be greatly helpful !! I am attaching the video of the behavior - if you look closely droplets of oil flying up in the air will be visible - is that normal ?

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=xYMOa93U9zo
This is a concern. Ideally droplets should not come out. As far as I know this is a regular test performed in second hand cars to check the engines.

Having said that, you should have asked SA to show other cars in the showroom for the similar behavior. If it is found in all the cars, then probably its ok.

In any case, I would believe an FNG mechanic than SA if that kind of money is involved.
theturbogirl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 10:31   #1583
BHPian

Quote:

Thigh support in Elevate is negatively touted hence you can feel the problem quiet bigger than it actually is. Its more of psychological thing. I too felt the same during my first trial after reading the reviews. Im driving it for 2 months with no problems. I did one on one comparison with other cars before making the decision and it has very minimal difference.

I do see the rubber padding on doors SHOULD have been far better. Its really substandard. 50% of the time a co-passenger has to close the door twice.

You should have taken a TD. If the past cars were santro/baleno or any non turbo(i had i20), you will fall in love with its smoothness and ease of drive. The dominating seating position is its winner due to bonnet view.
positivemks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 10:57   #1584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly_lad View Post
May I ask what is your height and weight?
The reason I ask is, I am 5 ft 11 inch & 89 kilos. Recently took a short test ride of Elevate. While I liked most of it, the one big problem.I faced was a pain in the right calf muscle after 20 minutes of driving. I am wondering if it's because of lesser under-thigh support.
I am 5' 4". I generally don't face the same issues you do, given my shorter stature. Nonetheless, many taller individuals encounter similar challenges. I suggest trying out various seat configurations before making a decision.
akhilshenay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 16:50   #1585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivemks View Post
Thigh support in Elevate is negatively touted hence you can feel the problem quiet bigger than it actually is. Its more of psychological thing. I too felt the same during my first trial after reading the reviews. Im driving it for 2 months with no problems.
Yes, many have pointed it out so I was kind of forewarned but not really biased. I wanted a simpler SUV type car and Honda is everything of that except turbo. I was prepared to live with non turbo engine that but 10 mins in seat and not finding a position that I like might be a costly mistake, going forward.
Old 15th February 2024, 17:45   #1586

Quote:
Originally Posted by theturbogirl View Post
This is a concern. Ideally droplets should not come out. As far as I know this is a regular test performed in second hand cars to check the engines.

Having said that, you should have asked SA to show other cars in the showroom for the similar behavior. If it is found in all the cars, then probably its ok.

In any case, I would believe an FNG mechanic than SA if that kind of money is involved.

I did have it checked in another car in the showroom (the test drive car). Then looked around for other cars in my neighborhood . Couple of them were kind enough to participate in my curiosity and did open up their car engines to check the behavior. The behavior was found to be consistent in all the cars that i checked. Puffs of air and oil thrown up the oil stick chamber with the engine on and dipstick out.

Last edited by KarthikK : 15th February 2024 at 18:03. Reason: Minor typo corrected
Old 15th February 2024, 18:07   #1587

Quote:
Originally Posted by theturbogirl View Post

Yes.. verified few other Elevate cars.. the behavior was consistent - puffs of air and oil drops.
This now is not considered as a issue. A new learning for me too. !
Old 15th February 2024, 19:57   #1588
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, many have pointed it out so I was kind of forewarned but not really biased. I wanted a simpler SUV type car and Honda is everything of that except turbo. I was prepared to live with non turbo engine that but 10 mins in seat and not finding a position that I like might be a costly mistake, going forward.
Take a TD and decide for yourself. I'm sure you wont be disappointed. Even the tuning is done in a way there is no lag. You just need to get used to it.
positivemks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 00:12   #1589

Hi. Can anyone share the link for PVC bucket floor mats for Elevate. I am unable to find one locally. Also should I go for floor lamination.
Old 16th February 2024, 12:08   #1590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darshi View Post
Hi. Can anyone share the link for PVC bucket floor mats for Elevate. I am unable to find one locally. Also should I go for floor lamination.
I did both the flooring first and then ordered GFX bucket online. I got it from zapcart and was delivered COD for around 3900(excluding the boot bucket).

Honestly after fitting the GFX i dont think its necessary to get the flooring done as it covers entire flooring and can be easily taken out and cleaned as compared to flat mats used earlier which had problem of dust spilling over. You can save 2-3K on flooring. Instead get the GFX for bootspace too.

Do keep in mind the GFX shine goes away and will be dirty too. But its more suitable for cleaning and when cleaned, it looks better than traditional ones.
positivemks is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks