Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2024, 23:52   #1441

Re: Honda Elevate Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilshenay View Post
They could be using a new nickname for the familiar logistics/handling term. I wasn't billed for any documentation fees, indicating that it might be a dealership tactic. Have you spoken to Honda's official customer care or the customer care at Pinnacle dealership?
I mailed the official Honda customer care like described in an earlier post in this thread. This is the email id: customer_relations@hondacarindia.com

I ultimately gave up and paid the amount. Thankfully the dealer kept their word and delivered the car within two weeks after booking, as promised.
amandal1810 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 11:44   #1442
BHPian

I recently completed a 2000 km trip from Trivandrum to Chennai and back in my Elevate, and I'd like to share my experience.

The journey was remarkably comfortable on both legs of the trip. The route to Chennai was congested, extending the travel time to 16 hours, especially with the added challenge of traveling with a toddler, necessitating frequent stops. The return trip, spanning 14 hours, was equally pleasant.

The Elevate proved to be exceptionally comfortable, surpassing my previous long-travel vehicle, the BRV, notably in its suspension. The seats were especially comfortable, but needed purchase a neck rest in Chennai. However, I'm looking to upgrade to a higher-quality option that complements the tan interior without appearing out of place. Suggestions are welcome.

Despite the extended travel time and the challenges of a toddler on board, we experienced zero fatigue after the trip, a testament to the overall comfort of the Elevate.

Mileage received was around 15-16 kmpl for the whole trip which included few hundred kilometers in Chennai city with heavy traffic. During my stay in Chennai, I installed a DDPAI mini dashcam by myself, driven by concerns over the chaotic traffic. While the dashcam provides crucial evidence, it struggles to capture number plates clearly under specific lighting conditions. Despite this limitation, I find overall satisfaction with the product.

The Honda Connect tracking feature demonstrated reliability in recording our travel routes. However, the displayed metrics proved to be less dependable, often showing instances of hard braking that didn't occur or failing to register when it did. Instant notifications for ignition start/stops, fuel warnings, and other alerts were consistently delivered. On the downside, the remote locking feature via the app exhibited sluggishness, with responsiveness depending on the mood of Honda servers, which occasionally failed to respond. The Alexa control feature, unfortunately, proved to be a disaster, never working successfully during my experience.

The braking performance of the Elevate stood out as extraordinary, consistently providing smooth stops even before reaching the intended mark.

The usual issue of Android Auto disconnecting was noted but occurred less frequently during this 2000 km journey. This may be attributed to keeping the cable consistently plugged in, mitigating the problem to some extent.

Other notable aspects include the impressive headlight throw, effectively illuminating the road. The speakers, satisfyingly good for my preferences, kept me engaged with enjoyable beats throughout the journey.

The star of the show, however, was the Elevate's generous boot capacity. Accommodating all the necessities and more, it stood out for its practicality and convenience.

Tried out all the ADAS features.

Lane keep Assist: Its so good and make driving effortless in highways. Even feeble lines are detected equally during both day and night.

Lane departure mitigation: This feature actually makes you a better driver. If you are changing lanes without using the indicators, the system will steer you back to the lane. So you will have the habit of using indicators even if you are about the overtake a scooter. If you decide to ignore the warning and continue, the system will let you do so without any issues.

Collision mitigation braking: If you are already a cautious driver, you might not encounter this system getting activated unless it was something you couldnt see. However, if it brakes, it will be quite harsh. A truck in front of me didnt noticed the speed breaker barricade and braked at the last moment. I am a person who tries to brake as smooth as possible even if it is an emergency. So I braked calmly and the vehicle was about to stop within safe distance. So I reduced the braking force to ease it out. Suddenly, the CMBS kicked it and it was quite harsh.

Auto high beam: Its a hit or miss. Doesnt seem reliable to me.

Adaptive cruise control: This is the most hated feature by me. The systems braking and acceleration is very aggressive. I have set 100 as my required speed, and if it detects a bike/ scooter in the side of the road, it brakes and reduce the speed quite early without even letting me drive pass safely. And after speed is reduced I changed the lane so there are no obstructions ahead. By that time, the speed might be 80, the system accelerates very hard with more than 4000 rpm. Since its a new vehicle I haven't tried beyond 3000 rpm. So I stopped using ACC since it was not smooth.

Last edited by Axe77 : 3rd January 2024 at 18:33. Reason: Thanks for sharing. Minor formatting edits to aid readability.
akhilshenay is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 17:42   #1443

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzikio_rage View Post
Would it be possible for you to post a pic with the trunk filled (suitcases, bags etc) trying to get a feel of how much the trunk actually holds vs the Seltos, Grand Vitara. The volume in L numbers seem to be very misleading
Apologies I didn't see this else would shared a pic of my boot while I was travelling to Bangalore from Odisha.

It could accommodate 2 medium sized trolleys and 2 small sized trolleys along with 2 laptop bags.

Yet I believe it can easy accommodate 1 large and 1 medium with few other small bags easily. It's quite large
sedate monkey is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 18:19   #1444

Completed almost 2500 kms now on my elevate after travelling from Bhubaneswar to Bangalore by road.

Economy: It was a drive of almost 1450 kms and got an average of 14.5-15kmpl while driving 100-120kmph.
In a stretch where we were driving at 80kmph it was at 17-18kmpl. So extremely satisfied with the economy.

Comfort: On the first day it was almost a 850kms (15h) drive with 3-4 breaks and second day it was a 600km drive (10.5h) with 3-4 breaks. And on the overall journey we didn't face any fatigue at all. The seats are extremely comfortable and suspension setup works a wonder. Even we had to go in between water for a 30-40 feet stretch and the ground clearance helped a lot. There is limited body roll at 125kmph and kudos the engineers here.

Had no complaints with underthigh support or space along the journey although if you keep you driver sear too upright you might have some strain on your legs.

Braking: Braking seems confident and the setup works as expected although I hate the CMBS. If you are a driver whi uses brakes everytime there is an intrusion it won't kick in at all. CMBS didn't kick in at all for me over the journey.

Performance: You can feel the rubber band effect if you throttle too high but mostly if you are light footed you shouldn't have an issue. It climbs up the acceleration slowly.

Infotainment: Wired android auto didn't have any issues whatsoever but wireless android auto crashed a few times. I noticed this happens when the infotainment system is too hot. The alpine speakers sound great with a good mix of bass and treble. It's far far better than the Bose speakers provided with Alcazar. Although we could do with more damping inside the cabin as the road and engine noise seeps in quite evidently. The only way to avoid that is to increase volume of the music and seems like the same thing might have been thought by Honda team.

The headlight through is extremely good and night drive or drive in fog was excellent.

Installed a Ddpai z40 dashcam front and rear and it does its job as expected. Didn't face much connectivity issues as reported by many other issues. The quality is good but it misses out on the number plate occasionally in certain lighting. Might need a CPL filter later.

This car has been a eye turner and everyone who has come across has loved the design per se. The tan interiors dont make you claustrophobic and the small roof when opened just for light makes it feel more roomy

Overall I am extremely satisfied with the car and just ticks every box right provided the price and features. Its an no nonsense car and would be a great for people who need long term reliability and comfort.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Review-screenshot_20240103_173731_whatsapp.jpg  

Last edited by Axe77 : 3rd January 2024 at 18:29. Reason: Thanks for sharing. Minor formatting edits to improve readability.
sedate monkey is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 10:06   #1445
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedate monkey View Post

Infotainment: Wired android auto didn't have any issues whatsoever but wireless android auto crashed a few times. I noticed this happens when the infotainment system is too hot. The alpine speakers sound great with a good mix of bass and treble. It's far far better than the Bose speakers provided with Alcazar. Although we could do with more damping inside the cabin as the road and engine noise seeps in quite evidently. The only way to avoid that is to increase volume of the music and seems like the same thing might have been thought by Honda team.
The head unit is alpine. Are you sure about the speakers? I have the V variant and the speakers are sounding like 1990s radio. Maybe they have better ones given in ZX variant? I had to upgrade the audio setup in my car with new speakers, amp and sub.

Last edited by Axe77 : 4th January 2024 at 14:15. Reason: Some clean up edits.
Old 4th January 2024, 17:15   #1446

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivemks View Post
The head unit is alpine. Are you sure about the speakers? I have the V variant and the speakers are sounding like 1990s radio. Maybe they have better ones given in ZX variant? I had to upgrade the audio setup in my car with new speakers, amp and sub.
Hi,
I believe you might have had the 4 speaker system and ZX has 8. The speakers sound decent and as I said its far better than Bose speakers in alcazar. My brother bought an alcazar too recently and we have thought to upgrade the Bose setup that comes by default.
Old 5th January 2024, 09:50   #1447

Hi,

I recently took delivery of my Elevate ZX CVT last week. The dealer took a week to activate the Honda connect app and I have got access to the service records via the app. The accessories such as mud flaps, cargo tray, step illumination are showing up in the service records. However, I have also paid for anti rust coating and tail pipe coating which are not visible in the service records.

Has anyone else seen this happen to them?
My doubt is, how do I know if the dealer did add them and forgot to bill them or they have not added them to my car and simply pocketed the money. Any way I could verify if the coatings have been completed on my car?

Also appreciate any advice on how to confront the dealer on this.

Thanks,
Old 5th January 2024, 09:57   #1448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnkmp View Post
Hi,

I recently took delivery of my Elevate ZX CVT last week. The dealer took a week to activate the Honda connect app and I have got access to the service records via the app. The accessories such as mud flaps, cargo tray, step illumination are showing up in the service records. However, I have also paid for anti rust coating and tail pipe coating which are not visible in the service records.

My doubt is, how do I know if the dealer did add them and forgot to bill them or they have not added them to my car and simply pocketed the money. Any way I could verify if the coatings have been completed on my car?

Thanks,
Anti rust coating is very obviously visible if you raise the car on a jack or since in this case it is an SUV, just take a peek under the car. Google images of anti corrosion protection and see if your car's underbody has received the same treatment. It should look like a thin layer of bitumen (tar) sprayed on to the underbody.
ashivas89 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 14:13   #1449
BHPian

Dear BHPians
Happy to have joined the Elevate Owner Group when I bought the Elevate VX CVT on 16-Dec.
Had a ~1700 kms round trip from Bangalore-Madurai-Trivandrum-Coimbatore-Bangalore testing all terrains and testing boot space with max. load once. Peak mileage at 19.1 kmpl and least of around 8.x kmpl in a Bangalore traffic jam

Overall a great experience and a feel this to be the right choice made Skipped ZX variant after reading some blogs on Adaptive Cruise Control concerns.

Accessories: Basic accessories by dealer at ₹ 12.5k (bucket and rubber mat, cleaning kit, safety hammer), Door Visor with Chrome for rainy days and Tail Gate & Tail Lamp garnishes are the cosmetic updates.

Completed the first service for the vehicle at Magnum Honda, Yeshwantpur. In the process the Service advisor recommended Ceramic coat on the vehicle added with a offer to do the underbody coating for free. Since my vehicle already got scratched by someone while parked on the curb near my house (someone fancied scratching the side with mettle or similar object), I agreed to go for a ceramic coat. Have been happy with the result so far.
aby.sam is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 16:52   #1450

Hi folks. Really happy with my Honda Elevate ZX CVT (in meteoroid grey color). Got matte PPF done, and it has completely transformed the look of the car. Now it looks exactly like Kia's X-Line paintjob! ❤️

A question: sometimes I hear a weird clicky noise while braking. This is audible only when music is off. I am unable to figure out when this noise occurs. First servicing is not done yet. Has anyone else encountered this?
amandal1810 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 18:40   #1451

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks,

While I was at the service center for first servicing at Central Honda Bhubaneswar, the executive said that Elevate comes with an underbody coating already and adviced me not to do it. Although I am not sure if that's the anti rust coating or not. I did the tail pipe coating and received a bill for the same. It was almost Rs 1600.
Old 5th January 2024, 23:48   #1452

Quote:
I have also paid for anti rust coating and tail pipe coating which are not visible in the service records.

Thanks,
The Elevate has a fiber/plastic underbody protection in place already. Even I was offered this underbody protection by the accessories rep, I asked him the need for it. Looks like even he wasn't aware of the built in protection and accompanied me to check it on the display vehicle. After seeing, he did realise and corrected starting the protection is not needed (at least in Pune).

Regarding the missing items in the app, I have seen it happening too. They don't add all the entries. Too lazy from my side and too busy from their end to make it complete.
Since1980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 10:35   #1453
BANNED

If a song is played and i want to skip initial a part and jump directly to a particular time, i cannot do it by touching the car display and moving the track to any particular timeline. The only option is to do it from mobile phone. With Kia there is no such problem. Im having the V variant and using Jio Saavan. Is it only the V variant or all ? And if any particular app supports it ?
positivemks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 14:06   #1454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav_Chn View Post
Hello. I have booked elevate on 16th December. The car has reached the dealer yard yesterday and the dealer is pushing to release the full payment before Dec31st to ensure price protection against increase in Jan. I am planning to take delivery only by Jan 18 due to auspicious day of delivery etc… I informed the dealer that I would release balance full amount after PDI by Jan10th . They are not accepting and pushing to pay the full invoice amount before 31st dec. how do I proceed further to ensure price protection & security of my car at the yard?
Hi,

Your dealer is right in this case. I had made a booking at pretty much a similar date, and I completed payments before Dec 31 so that invoicing can be done. I am now protected from any price hikes, and taking delivery of my vehicle today
Old 6th January 2024, 15:37   #1455

Prices for Elevate have increased as prior news.

base SV MT variant now costs Rs 11,57,900. That’s an increase of Rs 58,000. Usually top specs gets the increased but this is quite opposite! ��
Though SV was the most VFM model in old pricing.
yogesh498 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks