Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2024, 21:14   #1591

Re: Honda Elevate Review

Greetings fellow Team-BHPians,
This is my first post as well as question here.

I purchased two accessories from Amazon, namely:
1. https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0987SDQPR/?tag=tbhp0e-21

2. https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0C1S9CPN8/?tag=tbhp0e-21

Requested the people at the service centre to stick the door handle protector and installed the door sill protector myself.
After the first service (it was doorstep pickup and delivery), the service personnel said that both of the stickers must be removed after a few weeks as it would affect the clear coat and paint.

Could anyone shed some information regarding this?
Old 17th February 2024, 00:38   #1592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly_lad View Post
May I ask what is your height and weight?
The reason I ask is, I am 5 ft 11 inch & 89 kilos. Recently took a short test ride of Elevate. While I liked most of it, the one big problem.I faced was a pain in the right calf muscle after 20 minutes of driving. I am wondering if it's because of lesser under-thigh support.
I believe its more due to the incline angle of the brakes and accelerator. Do try adjusting backrest to get a better angle.
sedate monkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2024, 08:58   #1593

About door handle protector, its correct. Especially if vehicle is exposed to sun light for long time/parked in open. PU tend to harden in sun's UV rays.
In chemical industry, we take it as 30-45 days. Can extend if sun exposure is less.
OpenEXit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2024, 09:26   #1594

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenEXit View Post
About door handle protector, its correct. Especially if vehicle is exposed to sun light for long time/parked in open. PU tend to harden in sun's UV rays.
In chemical industry, we take it as 30-45 days. Can extend if sun exposure is less.
The car is mostly parked in the basement and has only been under the sun for a maximum of 2-3 days only on one occasion (when we had to arrange an extra parking lot for our second car).
Old 18th February 2024, 15:40   #1595

Hi. Has anyone purchased seat covers for Elevate online. I am unable to find one locally.
Old 20th February 2024, 11:33   #1596

I am taking a V-MT delivery next week. I want to go with alloy wheels and continental UC6 tires.

1) Can I get Honda to sell me a set of 4 of their alloy wheels that they put on VX/ZX? The dealer is refusing. Has anyone on this forum been able to procure those?

2) Any recommendations on aftermarket alloy wheels?

3) Are aftermarket wheels safe? I saw some video of wheels breaking off in accidents.

4) If I am going for aftermarket alloys, then should I stick to 16" or upsize to 17"?

5) Any recommendations on aftermarket alloy wheel brands/designs?

Thanks.
Old 20th February 2024, 14:50   #1597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadriver View Post
I am taking a V-MT delivery next week. I want to go with alloy wheels and continental UC6 tires.

1) Can I get Honda to sell me a set of 4 of their alloy wheels that they put on VX/ZX? The dealer is refusing. Has anyone on this forum been able to procure those?

3) Are aftermarket wheels safe? I saw some video of wheels breaking off in accidents.

4) If I am going for aftermarket alloys, then should I stick to 16" or upsize to 17"?

Thanks.
1) Dealers don't sell them. You can ask someone who is buying the car on the same day for exchange in a tyre shop. Alternatively, check the PCD and you can enquire in Karol Bagh.

2) Aftermarket wheels are not recommended as they may void suspension warranty. Hence stay away from them for atleast 2-3 years.

High- End aftermarket alloys are usually better built with higher strength. But they are quite expensive.

Higher profile tyres and wheels improve ride comfort. So if that is your priority, please stick to the lowest profile Honda recommends for elevate.
Old 21st February 2024, 11:58   #1598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandal1810 View Post
However, some other folks in this thread have mentioned earlier that a 360 degree camera is available at their dealer. My best guess is that its an unofficial accessory. Its weird that a dealer would sell unofficial accessory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post
A 360 degree camera is being offered as an accessory by my Honda dealer and was listed in their accessory list paperwork. Please check with yours. Dont know if its an official accessory though. I am planning to inspect it when the car gets delivered and then make a decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prawesome View Post
This is not an official accessory. It's an unofficial accessory that is being fitted by a lot of dealers. I got it fitted in my car and the dealer also gave me in writing that it won't void the warranty. He also said that there were warranty claims made on cars that had the 360 Cam fitted, and there were no issues whatsoever.

Also, I can see that you are from Ottapalam. Are you taking the vehicle from Indel Honda, Palakkad?

Please be very careful. My uncle purchased a Honda Elevate last week and despite my best advice not to fit the 360 deg camera, the dealer in Trivandrum convinced him that it was a genuine Honda accessory , plug and play, won't void the warranty. He got it installed.

The quality of video is horrible and the right side speakers don't work anymore! The car also ends up with 6 cameras - 4 for the 360 system and 2 factory fit (Lane Watch and rear camera)

Given that you have Lanewatch camera + rear camera + a fully visible bonnet, It is just a matter of time you get used to the maneuvering characteristics and soon enough, you'll find no need for the 360 setup, except in rare cases (eg: narrow road with open gutters and oncoming traffic)

Here's an example of what the so called official 360 camera setup from the dealer looks like (the quality looks better in this video for some reason). The brand is different (foxbat/foxfire or something, the user interface and hardware is the same)

Last edited by govindremesh : 21st February 2024 at 12:00.
govindremesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 13:17   #1599
BHPian

Any way we can fit front parking sensors for Elevate?.
sud153 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 10:21   #1600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadriver View Post

Thanks.
I have the V CVT and had same questions you have before delivery. I did research and went with below :
1. Dealers are not selling them. Upon high insistence, I got the price at 88000 for 4 alloys, nuts, logo etc. Very high compared to hyundai creta genuine which is around 40-45K.
2.I went with NEO wheels - pulse design. It looks awesome(see below pictures). Somewhat near to current hyryder design. The local accessories shop did not have pulse design in stock anywhere. I was adamant on that design and shop ordered for me and took 10 days to get delivered. It looks very nice. Got it for 32.5K with fitting. I installed the JK treel TPMS installed which costed 5K with (5 sensors and display) If you opt out for display it will be 2.5K but I added display as app notifications are not real time. You have to keep the app running in background in cell phone to get real time readings. Whereas display unit is directly connected to sensors. The result so far is good. Highly recommended.
3. There are concerns about aftermarket quality. Specially if improper tyre pressure or all day long drive on highways with abnormal speeds and braking. I dont fall in that category and NEO plus some other top rated companies have good quality control. Do check the width of alloy matches the tyre profile.
4. I too was confused with this upgrade. Even if you are upgrading, stick to size 215/55/17(size in VX,ZX) and not beyond that. While i checked with many dealers to upgrade, they quoted 12-18K depending on dealer and brand i choose. One dealer gave me the rate of 6K but upon inquiring myself, I find the Goodyear grips honda is offering is around 9K each and the one dealer offered was around 6.5K, which is a downgrade. One dealer told me to go for 60 instead of 55 as 55 size is not successful. If I go for 60, this would alter the calibration and I did not want to do it. moreover, the only difference in upgrade was alloys being bigger by 0.8 inch. This is a nominal difference and hardly noticeable. So I stuck with OE size and believe me, size difference is hardly noticeable.
5. The ride quality is very smooth in city but in highways around 80+ you can feel the tyre/wind noise creeping in. If you want to upgrade, do see if you can go for michelin/continental high end low noise tyres. Do make sure you can test them as the problem may be not they tyres but improper insulation.
6. I also upgraded my music system and interior seats + plastic colour. Do let me know if you need info on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darshi View Post
Hi. Has anyone purchased seat covers for Elevate online. I am unable to find one locally.
I did check with Autoform. They have dealers all over India. But they told me they will take atleast 15 days for delivery as they are made to order and they have huge backorders. They also provide OEM fitment(design like in ZX variant). I did not go for them and got stitched locally as i wanted it instantly. Do also check out Hi Tech seat covers. They also have dealers all around(do bargain) and deliver within a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud153 View Post
Any way we can fit front parking sensors for Elevate?.
I was considering the same. But its not useful as the sensor would beep from 1 meter away to max 0.3M(which genuinely is the closest we should get). This distance can be easily done manually. It can be useful if there was an option to get it as close as few inches while parking the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Review-whatsapp-image-20231228-16.16.58_ed968061.jpg  

Honda Elevate Review-whatsapp-image-20231228-16.16.58_2b2b185c.jpg  

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 22nd February 2024 at 16:47. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
positivemks is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 11:27   #1601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivemks View Post
I was considering the same. But its not useful as the sensor would beep from 1 meter away to max 0.3M(which genuinely is the closest we should get). This distance can be easily done manually. It can be useful if there was an option to get it as close as few inches while parking the car.
My context is that, i am a new driver and was taking a right in moderate traffic. Someone else came close on the other side as i was focussing on my right and i scraped that vehicle. I am hoping parking sensor could help me in cases like this.
sud153 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 12:23   #1602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud153 View Post
My context is that, i am a new driver and was taking a right in moderate traffic. Someone else came close on the other side as i was focussing on my right and i scraped that vehicle. I am hoping parking sensor could help me in cases like this.
In traffic it would beep frequently and may confuse the driver. As it would start beeping from 1 meter distance which is normal in bumper or city traffic.
positivemks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 12:50   #1603
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
In traffic it would beep frequently and may confuse the driver. As it would start beeping from 1 meter distance which is normal in bumper or city traffic.
Ok. let me know if you come across any better alternatives.
Old 22nd February 2024, 17:17   #1604

Quote:
I have the V CVT and had same questions you have before delivery. I did research and went with below :
Many thanks for your detailed answer. I had been seeing YouTube videos and scouring the alloy wheel sites for the last few days, and I had zero'ed in on the same wheels I am also considering getting some stock kia/hyundai wheels and put them here (since its the same size/pcd/holes etc).

For the inside, I am thinking of getting AutoForm tight fit seat covers. I have a shop in GGN which has done my last 5-6 cars with Autoform so I am covered there. I am getting the silver colour so I will get a grey interior.

For the music system, I was thinking of getting Infiniti component speakers in front and Infiniti coaxial speakers in the back. Is the stock head unit strong enough to drive that? Would love to hear what you did for your ICE setup?

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd February 2024 at 17:18. Reason: Shortening quoted post :)
Old 22nd February 2024, 17:35   #1605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govindremesh View Post
Please be very careful. My uncle purchased a Honda Elevate last week and despite my best advice not to fit the 360 deg camera, the dealer in Trivandrum convinced him that it was a genuine Honda accessory , plug and play, won't void the warranty. He got it installed.

The quality of video is horrible and the right side speakers don't work anymore!
Thanks for the info @govindremesh. I got my Elevate delivered a few weeks ago and decided against fitting this "unofficial" official 360 camera. It was quite obvious that the dealers were just indulging in malpractice. Honda should really clamp down on this, else they risk tarnishing their reputation when the camera malfunctions or offers poor quality images. Its like all the dealers have unanimously decided to offer this despite no approval from Honda!!

My use case anyway doesnt warrant a 360 deg camera as its mostly driven on state highways of Kerala, which are crowded but not as bad as city traffic conditions. I will reconsider it if and when Honda offers a genuine 360 deg camera. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks