Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2024, 21:46   #1786

Re: Honda Elevate Review

thanks a lot @UD17, picked up Elevate ZX MT yesterday. Drove to my farm this evening (~240KMs, mix of highway and city). Experience was as expected, no fuss, decent performer. I found AC struggles a bit in peak summer (~42 degrees today). Car returned mileage of 15.2KMPL as per MID.
FOXBAT25 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2024, 05:48   #1787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post

Wanted to know more about the update on AC, was the AC previously not up to the mark? And what are these changes that have been made to the AC?
The AC on the elevate is absolutely fabulous. Can compare it to being on par or slightly better than fords. I have had no issues on the elevate in the AC department in Delhi summers (currently 40-42 degrees with loads of direct sun). I usually keep it at 24 or 25 and rear seat passengers are quite happy. I'm a person who usually feels very hot btw.

My other honda (family owned WRV) struggles quite a bit on the AC front because of the extremely large windows.
M5_fan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2024, 13:15   #1788
BHPian

No problem in Delhi on the AC at 40C. Keep the recirculation on to get max effectiveness otherwise outside air warms the cooled air.
Old 13th May 2024, 18:36   #1789
BHPian

There are a lot of complaints about the Honda Elevate not being contemporary or providing all the goodies and sizzling performance of some of the competition. I guess that is not the Honda ethos for India. They are looking to provide reliable, well manufactured, safe SUV like the Elevate which will give years of great service. The more loaded the car the sooner there will be reliability problems relating to failure of some accessory, gadget or gee-gaw. That does not translate to reliability. Honda has provided ADAS 2 which has some useful application even in India especially with all the multi-lane Expressways coming up around the country.

I did mention in my earlier post about the Collision Mitigation System provided. This can be a problem if people cut across sharply across the car from either the left or right within a couple of feet. This is happening more and more in Delhi and must be discouraged. There is no fault with the hardware and software but with the user. Unless traffic control is exercised rigorously, we are all doomed anyway. Maybe we should all buy old cars which are already dented so there is no concern about minor scrapes, scratches and crashes. Maybe it is a silly thing to buy a new car in some India cities. Let me state that things get worse North of the Vindhyas.
ashokabs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 22:35   #1790

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
Auto Headlamps: I miss this feature. As I am one who forgets to switch headlamps off and I am then reminded by the beeping sound. But 1.5 lakhs extra for this. No thanks, I will take the beeps any day.
You can keep the headlights at the ON position and the car will automatically cut it off within a minute of locking the car after the drive.
pratyush997 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2024, 04:44   #1791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush997 View Post
You can keep the headlights at the ON position and the car will automatically cut it off within a minute of locking the car after the drive.
Oh wow. This is amazing. I'll try it today for sure. But then when I restart it then also the headlights will remain on only (considering I will be restarting it in the day)
Old 20th May 2024, 00:13   #1792

Hi BHPians

Just bought a Honda Elevate MT ZX. I didnt take the 12k basic accessory kit so am buying floor mat, cargo mat and mud guards.

Since ZX variant says that leather upholstery is already present, is it recommended to add seat cover on top of it? Thoughts?

Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 04:12   #1793

Congratulations. No seat covers needed on top of it.

Did you buy the R version (the latest with all five 3-point seat belts)?

Last edited by Axe77 : 20th May 2024 at 06:33. Reason: Please use caps where needed.
Old 20th May 2024, 17:49   #1794
BHPian

The Honda dealership's insurance (Honda Assure) quote is way more than
what I see in Policy Bazaar.

The lowest I see on the platform is Kotak General Insurance offering it at
around Rs, 24,000 (almost half of Honda's) with Zero Dep., 24x7 RSA and
Engine Protection Cover add-ons (isn't engine protect part of a comprehensive policy anyway?).

Worth going for it or other outside insurance companies?
Old 20th May 2024, 20:03   #1795

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK@Hyd View Post

Engine Protection Cover add-ons (isn't engine protect part of a comprehensive policy anyway?).

Find out which insurance cos are offered under this HONDA ASSURE.
Go to one of their websites. Price out the policy you want.

Then ask the dealership to match it using their own insurance broker. This should work.

Else get it from that website. It would still be cashless.
hondadriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 20:33   #1796
BHPian

Quote:

I always get insurance from Policybazaar. For similar coverage, I paid around 32k, whereas Honda quoted 70k. So, I opted for external insurance without hesitation. However, I wouldn't recommend this without a caveat.

The claim process can vary based on your region and the flexibility of the insurance company. It differs from place to place. Generally, government insurance companies like Oriental, National, and New India can be slightly adamant. Also, heard about poor service by Digit in some areas too.

Here are some trade-offs to consider:

Cashless Claims: The chances of getting a cashless claim are lower, though some providers do offer it.
Service Center Bias: Service center staff might say, "If this was our insurance, we could have provided you a new car with this claim."
Insurance Company Response: The insurance company might be less responsive. For instance, I had to claim for an accident with my Hyundai. The bill was 36k, but the insurance company accounted for only 34k and reimbursed me 31k, without providing an invoice or split details. The insurance in question was Oriental, and they didn't respond to my queries. I have filed a case with IRDA, which is still in progress.
Despite these trade-offs, the significant cost difference between external and company insurance makes it worthwhile for me. All my vehicles are insured externally.

Additionally, I suggest getting an invoice price cover for at least the first two years. This allows you to claim more than just the ex-showroom price in case of a total loss, including RTO and other charges.

Regarding engine protection, standard insurance typically covers engine damage, only if it's part of an accident. For example, if an unnoticed oil leak leads to engine seizure, you can claim only if you have engine protection added. Its better get the cover as no questions will be asked like flood or rodent attack as well.
akhilshenay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 21:42   #1797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilshenay View Post
I always get insurance from Policybazaar. For similar coverage, I paid around 32k, whereas Honda quoted 70k. So, I opted for external insurance without hesitation. However, I wouldn't recommend this without a caveat.

Cashless Claims: The chances of getting a cashless claim are lower, though some providers do offer it.

Additionally, I suggest getting an invoice price cover for at least the first two years. This allows you to claim more than just the ex-showroom price in case of a total loss, including RTO and other charges.

Regarding engine protection, standard insurance typically covers engine damage, only if it's part of an accident. For example, if an unnoticed oil leak leads to engine seizure, you can claim only if you have engine protection added. Its better get the cover as no questions will be asked like flood or rodent attack as well.
Thanks. I'll opt for the Engine Protect and Invoice Price add-ons.

For cashless claims, Kotak has listed two Honda dealerships (not very far from my place) but not the one I booked the car from.

I believe getting the car repaired at any Honda center and making cashless claims shouldn't be a problem.
Old 23rd May 2024, 18:41   #1798
BHPian

What's the type of vehicle mentioned in the RCs of your Elevates?

I am getting mine billed and thei TR document from Transport Department, Telangana mentions 'Hatchback' as its Body Type.

They claim RTOs across Telangana or posdibly India categorise SUVs as Hatchbacks.
NK@Hyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 20:51   #1799
BHPian

Quote:
What's the type of vehicle mentioned in the RCs of your Elevates?

I am getting mine billed and thei TR document from Transport Department, Telangana mentions 'Hatchback' as its Body Type.

They claim RTOs across Telangana or posdibly India categorise SUVs as Hatchbacks.
Mine is marked as SUV in Kerala
akhilshenay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 17:20   #1800

Thanks, I found out over the weekend that the dealers have been asked to instal this only in Elevate and not in City. I offered to pay, but the dealer declined, but was kind enough to say, if I can get a dashcam, they would instal it for me.

I searched for Philips Gosure on Amazon and I could purchase model GS3001. The model for elevate seems to be exclusive for Honda and is not available for sale on Amazon.

I got the dashcam installed today and it works well. The only catch is that I can connect to the dashcam over "Philips Gosure WIFI" only. When I start the car, I have programmed for my phone to connect to Android Auto Wireless which happens over " Honda WIFI". So, the catch is that I cannot access the dashcam images until I am connected to Android auto in the car. Once I disconnect Android auto, I am able to connect to the Webcam Wifi and access images.

I think this is the differentiating point in the GS3201. I presume this must be connecting on Honda Wifi & not Gosure WIFI? Can anyone confirm this?

Also, any details on the TPMS kit? I asked the dealer, but they didn't elaborate much other than saying that it is for Elevate. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks