Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2023, 00:22   #31
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass 4x2 AT First Drive & Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArspeed View Post
I am looking at predominantly a highway drive only. I am looking at the S variant 2WD AT. Black shark is one level below the S variant and misses out on some features. I always believe in going for the top variant.
As regards my observation on the absence of Paddles or the sports mode, the same was felt lacking at highway speeds as when you floor the accelerator the engine takes its own sweet time to respond. This will certainly be a downer while overtaking.
Other than this, the 2WD AT responds slightly better than the 4WD. Although they say that there is no difference between the tuning, it does not feel sluggish in 2WD.
Very nice, seems your mind is made up, do keep this forum posted about your new purchase. Any idea what is the delivery time for the Compass AT S or the Blackshark?
I would be most likely going in for the Blackshark variant which lacks the ventilated front seats and a superior audio system (6 speakers instead of 9) compared to S model.
Will keep you posted .

However, if I were still undecided , I would test drive the Virtus top end 1.5 TSI GT before making up my mind

Last edited by Dead Head : 13th November 2023 at 00:26.
Dead Head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 17:14   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Head View Post
Very nice, seems your mind is made up, do keep this forum posted about your new purchase. Any idea what is the delivery time for the Compass AT S or the Blackshark?

However, if I were still undecided , I would test drive the Virtus top end 1.5 TSI GT before making up my mind
Add my brother to the boat. He test drove both Taigun and Compass, both AT. Though DSG felt better to drive, the interiors seems very ordinary for me atleast. My Compass Longitude's interior feels way better in touch, feel and comfort.

On the Compass gearbox, I used the throttle in pulses than pedal to metal and did not find any issue in overtaking. My brother also felt the same. He is likely to go for Limited in a week or two.
Old 14th November 2023, 22:05   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
Add my brother to the boat. He test drove both Taigun and Compass, both AT. Though DSG felt better to drive, the interiors seems very ordinary for me atleast. My Compass Longitude's interior feels way better in touch, feel and comfort.

On the Compass gearbox, I used the throttle in pulses than pedal to metal and did not find any issue in overtaking. My brother also felt the same. He is likely to go for Limited in a week or two.
A bit surprising for me as I have a lot of very good experience with the DSG GT badge from VW and I expected the Virtus DSG GT to live upto expectations . I have had very pleasant experience with my Polo GT TSI (DSG) which even though 6 years old still drives beautifully. This vehicle has a huge fan following and preowned vehicles command a very good price. I dont plan to sell mine for another 4 years at least.
Anyway I had more or less decided on the Compass AT 4X2 as the 2nd chauffeur driven SUV vehicle for my wife's usage mostly. The only niggling doubt in my mind as it is a diesel.Thanks to your first hand experience, I will now go ahead with the Blackshark .
Thanks very much , enjoy your Compass ownership as I plan to enjoy mine
Old 15th November 2023, 00:06   #34
BHPian

Quote:
He test drove both Taigun and Compass, both AT. Though DSG felt better to drive, the interiors seems very ordinary for me atleast. My Compass Longitude's interior feels way better in touch, feel and comfort.
I am glad there are other people who feel the same way. About 2 years back I had test driven both the Taigun and the Compass on the same day. Taigun was the first choice and Compass I was just checking out because it was beyond our budget. After the test drive of Taigun I was so disappointed I commented to my wife I would rather keep driving my Punto for few more years till we can afford something better. It just didn’t feel like an upgrade. On the other hand, even the sport model of the Compass felt like a huge upgrade over the Punto. Eventually we brought home a Compass Sport MT for almost the same on road price of a top end Taigun. Now I have crossed 30000kms including 3 long drives of 1000+ kms, an off-road drive with the God’s own Jeepers plus daily driving of about 35kms. Not even once we have felt we made a wrong choice.
Night Raven is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 09:19   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Head View Post
Thanks very much , enjoy your Compass ownership as I plan to enjoy mine
Congrats on finalizing the Compass. Wishing you a wonderful experience with the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Raven View Post
Not even once we have felt we made a wrong choice.
Its hard to go wrong with this car. Few of my friends changed their perception about Compass after driving my car and two of them owned one as well. Good to know that you are enjoying your Compass.
Old 1st December 2023, 11:06   #36
BHPian

My brother got his Compass yesterday, he finally chose S 4x4 AT. Delivery process was smooth and the car also checked out well during PDI. Will keep updating in the main Compass thread as this is exclusively for 4x2.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass 4x2 AT First Drive & Preview-img20231130wa0004.jpg  

bullitt1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 09:15   #37
BHPian

Quote:
My brother got his Compass yesterday, he finally chose S 4x4 AT. Delivery process was smooth and the car also checked out well during PDI. Will keep updating in the main Compass thread as this is exclusively for 4x2.
Great choice ,enjoy your new car !!
Old 14th January 2024, 21:32   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

The Compass BlackShark Edition

Jeep has introduced a new edition of the Compass called the "BlackShark". It is based on the Limited variant and comes with some cosmetic changes.

Attachment 2504556

Attachment 2504557

Attachment 2504558

Attachment 2504559

Gloss black radiator grille, air dam and inserts on the front bumper:
Attachment 2504560

Each of the front panels sports a BlackShark badge:
Attachment 2504561

Gloss black ORVMs:
Attachment 2504562

Glossy black 18-inch alloy wheels, "COMPASS" lettering and inserts on the sides:
Attachment 2504563

Gloss black roof rails and sharkfin antenna:
Attachment 2504564

Gloss black spoiler and "Jeep" lettering:
Attachment 2504565

On the inside, it gets a black interior with ignite red inserts:
Attachment 2504566

Piano black and red inserts along with red stitching run across the dashboard:
Attachment 2504567

Attachment 2504568

Leather-wrapped steering wheel has gloss black...
Attachment 2504569

...and red inserts along with contrast red stitching:
Attachment 2504570

Engine start-stop button has a gloss black surround:
Attachment 2504571

Doorpads are black with red stitching:
Attachment 2504572

Aluminium scuff plates with Jeep embossing:
Attachment 2504573

Seats get black leather upholstery with red stitching. Since the BlackShark edition is based on the Limited variant, it doesn't get ventilated seats:
Attachment 2504574

Surprisingly, the leather boot of the gear shifter does not get red stitching:
Attachment 2504575

Rear A/C vents get a gloss black surround:
Attachment 2504576
Very nice review. Do we know if Jeep has any Plans to re introduce Compass TrailHawk model in India?
Old 26th January 2024, 09:32   #39
BHPian

The much awaited Compass diesel came home yesterday . The white car looks lovely. We preferred to have it door delivered rather than pick it up ourselves. The dealer Bhaskara did a good job. The person delivering the vehicle explained the features reasonably well.

Took a drive late in the evening, about 50km -from Powai to Worli Sealink and back via the Eastern Express. This is my first real experience with an SUV ,I had always shied away from largish vehicles , preferring sedans (Jetta ) or hatchbacks ( Polo GT TSI) . I must admit I can now understand the reason for the increasing popularity of SUVs.

The ride quality is awesome. The car seems to glide over all the Mumbai road imperfections, taking all the potholes and bumps in its stride. This was truly very comfortable.

Once I adjusted to the higher seating position and width of the bigger vehicle, driving was pure joy.

The diesel engine is a bit slow to get off from a standing start but once the turbo kicks in , the baby responds beautifully.

The cabin insulation is pretty good and one can hardly appreciate that it is a engine at work.

The displays have a lot of functionality which I have yet to get a hang of. Perhaps I can get my hands on an Youtube video on this topic.

Looking forward to having fun
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass 4x2 AT First Drive & Preview-whatsapp-image-20240126-9.10.31-am-1.jpeg  

Jeep Compass 4x2 AT First Drive & Preview-whatsapp-image-20240126-9.10.31-am-2.jpeg  

Dead Head is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2024, 11:14   #40

Dear All,
I have been using this forum for a few years now and it has given me many useful tips and advice on car maintenance. I though of sharing my experience in the purchase of a new Jeep Compass 4X2 AT thanks to the reviews and ownership feedback I have been reading. Not a regular at this site due to work pressures and only manage to read once in a while over the weekend.
Background
I have an 8-year-old Vento and after having owned that car for so many years, I needed something that was better and also wanted to try out an SUV having driven hatchbacks and sedans for 20 + years. The Vento is a great car in terms of quality, ride and handling hence it was really tough to look for something out there at a reasonable price range that would be a suitable replacement. My first choice was to go with another German car and the Tiguan was the only suitable choice, but is way too expensive!
Choices
This brought me to our Indian brands, Tata and Mahindra. I am not quite a fan of the looks of the XUV 700 and was more inclined towards the Safari mainly due to looks, road presence and features. Reading through the Safari ownership forum, it appears they have quite a few quality issues to resolve and knowing how Tata is responding to feedback, I am sure they will resolve over the next 6 to 8 months. However, I did not want to wait until all their issues got resolved and hence was looking for an alternative. I started reading through the Jeep reviews and also watched a lot of professional reviews on YouTube. The common thing that struck me was most of them advised to actually test drive the car for the handling and feel the premium quality before taking a decision, hence I decided to visit their showroom.
Test Drive
Last month, I went to the PPS Jeep showroom in JP Nagar and took a short test drive of the vehicle. As it was a bit in the evening when I tested the car, there was bumper to bumper traffic and could not really drive more than 30kmph. The sales advisor promised an hour-long test drive at my convenience which I agreed to. Since I was close to the Key motors Tata showroom, I also went there and took a look at the Safari. There were some glaring quality issues I noticed thanks to the reviews I have been reading in this forum like panel gaps. Also, the Jeep has soft touch plastics in the dash and many places whereas the Tata had hard plastics. There is huge difference in the quality of interiors of both vehicles and I was already inclined towards the Jeep (partly due to the Vento effect!).
The next week, I was back at the Jeep showroom and as promised, was taken for an hour-long test drive where I could test the car at 80kmph and also did some quick breaking. Handling was great and I was also comfortable driving the car (which is a concern I had as I am a bit short in height). The other concern was diesel engine noise. The car is surprisingly quiet in the inside even at speeds of 80+ and I had no issues with the NVH levels.
Sealed the deal
I was convinced this is the car I wanted and only had to get the right price. I settled for the Limited AT version as I prefer light colored interiors and that was the highest version in light colors. After a lot of talking (convincing me how good a deal I was getting!), the sales advisor gave discounts of around 1.5 as I chose a color/model combination readily available in their stock. Delivery was promised in a week to 10 days. I asked for two accessories, a dash-cam from Blaupunkt at 12K and tire inflator from Mopar at 4.5K. Got the car in around 10 days from booking. The vehicle is still in the break-in period and hence cannot give much feedback on usage, however it’s a very good car and feels every bit premium. So far, very happy with the purchase! Hope this is useful for those in the same dilemma I was in looking for a suitable upgrade to my car in this very confusing market with multiple choices!
SouthCity987 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks