Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2010, 22:23   #1021
BHPian

I discussed the acceleration problem with my friend who drives a Swift DDIS and he experienced the same issue. After months or running around a Maruti workshop and replacing several suspect parts (turbo, fuel line, etc.) it turns out the problem was with the "air filter knob" (as he said it). So this seems more like an issue with the Fiat engine and not Tata.

I agree with the inadequate throw of the headlight on the Manza.

Another gripe: The front seat belts and seat recline levers interfere with each other. After some use, the seat belt gets tucked under the lever. This could also be a potential safety issue!
Old 16th April 2010, 16:40   #1022
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
Now after servicing i feel the shock absorber has become too soft.(bounces a lot in most of the potholes in road)

Can service center guys actually change stiffness of shock absorber or is it just i am feeling like that? someone please help.
In all probability, they have messed up your tyre pressures. Check for over-inflation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
The niggles in my car are:
1. The odometer figures are not evenly lighted
2. the indicator stalk does not function at the intermediate position

The niggle in friend's manza is
1. The front left power window has packed up a couple of days ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
. I have driven my manza for about 3600km now and it's been treating me well so far. Still faced these niggles.

1. Warning Buzzer for Driver Door Open with Key/Headlamp/Taillamp ON does not work from day one. Workshop does not have a replacement in stock.
2. Right turn indicator stalk does kat kat kat when turn indicator signal is on and I am turning the car (need to get checked in next service).
3. Plastic & rubber part quality is very poor, in less that 3 months, rubber pads on clutch and brake pedals are gone. I didn't change my shoes and it did not happen in my last Santro in 50k+ kms.
Sorry to hear, guys. This is just the hurdle that Tata needs to get past. They've been building cars for over 10 years, for petes sake!

It would be a good idea for you guys - and other Manza owners - to opt in on the 4 year extended warranty.
Old 17th April 2010, 11:47   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It would be a good idea for you guys - and other Manza owners - to opt in on the 4 year extended warranty.

Ideally, Tata should offer all the early Manza owners complimentary extended warranty. In fact, I've suggested this the numerous times they asked for feedback. I can only hope they will listen.
Old 18th April 2010, 20:31   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
... I very reluctantly say, that NO, TATA CANNOT PRODUCE NIGGLE FREE CARS PERIOD....
Kudos for the brave admission. Takes guts to admit so candidly, especially for a proud newbie owner.

During the days leading upto manza's launch and immediately following it, there was much war of words between nay-sayers and fanbois about Manza and its ability to "re-write" Tata's history. Even though everything about this car seems to be fundamentally sound, many of the opposition camp's snide remarks (shoddy workmanship and the ensuing mental tension for the owner) seem to have been cruelly vindicated.

I give up. I have no idea what is with the Tata's and their ability to provide acceptable quality, people-oriented cars. About time they get into their thick heads that "affordable" DOES NOT equal "shoddy quality". Just lesser creature-comforts, that's all.

I was reading up on some advice on buying an Air Conditioner (bangalore having turned into a hell), and read this post - "Cheap product cannot offer quality so .. a discerning buyer should look out for a technically superior product and strech the budget a little .. and be tension free." (GENERAL ADVICE ON AIR CONDITIONERS Review, GENERAL ADVICE ON AIR CONDITIONERS Price, GENERAL ADVICE ON AIR CONDITIONERS India, GENERAL ADVICE ON AIR CONDITIONERS Accessories - MouthShut.com)

Applicable to the topic under discussion here? You decide.
Old 21st April 2010, 13:36   #1025
BANNED

I need to put the car in reverse to take the care out of apartment parking lot. Off late am seeing that once in a while that car is not shifting to reverse gear on first attempt. How serious is the issue?. Was checking some forums and felt that this is seen in new cars of few other brands too and it takes few thousand Kms for gear box to get smooth.

In past 5+ months have clocked 2800 Km on my petrol Aura ABS.

Vijay
Old 21st April 2010, 13:57   #1026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
. I have driven my manza for about 3600km now and it's been treating me well so far. Still faced these niggles.

1. Right side view mirror will always show you about 25% of your car. Can't be turned out any further.
This is not a niggle but a sound design , At anypoint 1/3 of your car should be visible in the RVM ,The electrically adjustible RVM does not go out fully in most of the car for same reason perhaps the 10 years Old indica you are referring to did not pay attention on this part.
Old 21st April 2010, 17:57   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
This is not a niggle but a sound design , At anypoint 1/3 of your car should be visible in the RVM ,The electrically adjustible RVM does not go out fully in most of the car for same reason perhaps the 10 years Old indica you are referring to did not pay attention on this part.
Beg to differ sir!! This is not true. I don't remember where exactly did I read it, but the report mentioned that the correct position is when the 3 mirrors (left orvm, inner and right orvm) are in a linear viewing position. That is they form a continuous image.

To start, try and adjust your inner mirror to cover most part of your rear, but should not extend out of C or D pillar view. Next adjust your RHS & LHS orvm to start from the point where the inner mirror's coverage stops. This may not give you a view of your car's rear, but will ensure that you dont have blindspot.

PS - This is the link. http://www.linquist.net/motorsports/tech/mirrors/

In fact the new auto adjust ORVMs in US work on this very principle.

Your point on covering the 1/3rd portion of car is explained. It is the 1/3 portion of other car that should be visible.

Last edited by keyurshah : 21st April 2010 at 18:06. Reason: Added the URL
Old 22nd April 2010, 12:30   #1028
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
I agree with Keyur and did comment in my review, that the Manza ORVMs didn't extend out as much as I preferred. I haven't faced this problem in any of the other cars that I drive (or the 15 that I have test-driven in the last 1 year).
Old 22nd April 2010, 13:34   #1029
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
I need to put the car in reverse to take the care out of apartment parking lot. Off late am seeing that once in a while that car is not shifting to reverse gear on first attempt. How serious is the issue?. Was checking some forums and felt that this is seen in new cars of few other brands too and it takes few thousand Kms for gear box to get smooth.

In past 5+ months have clocked 2800 Km on my petrol Aura ABS.

Vijay
Happened to ask my neighbour's driver to drive the vehicle for few minutes to access his view and he came back saying shifting gear seems very tough. Any suggestions?

Vijay
Old 22nd April 2010, 14:40   #1030
BHPian

That is the exact same comment my friend made when he sat in a road side parked vehicle to check out the Manza (On a side note - I was surprised the the chauffeur allowed him to sit - fidget with the gears and even gave him the keys so that my friend can check out how the cranked up engine sounds !!! All this while he was busy talking to someone on the cell phone on one of the main roads of Mumbai)
Old 22nd April 2010, 16:25   #1031
BHPian

Quote:
Happened to ask my neighbour's driver to drive the vehicle for few minutes to access his view and he came back saying shifting gear seems very tough. Any suggestions?

Vijay
Vijay, can you please elaborate on what exactly you mean by saying shifting gear is tough. Is is the hardness or motion or loss of speed???

Would be helpful for all of us to know!!

Thanks
Old 22nd April 2010, 20:34   #1032
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyurshah View Post
Vijay, can you please elaborate on what exactly you mean by saying shifting gear is tough. Is is the hardness or motion or loss of speed???

Would be helpful for all of us to know!!

Thanks
Hard to shift. Need to use lot of force to shift. Does not to shift to reverse from neutral on starting and have to redo second time. Do not see any loss of speed.

Vijay
Old 23rd April 2010, 09:21   #1033
BHPian

Quote:

Vijay
Yes, from my couple of days driving experience I can say Manza gear shift is not smooth like straight H or slanting H manufactured cars cars and slotting is hard.

However its precise and unambiguous, which is really good.

Cheers/
R.D.P.
Old 23rd April 2010, 09:53   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
Hard to shift. Need to use lot of force to shift. Does not to shift to reverse from neutral on starting and have to redo second time. Do not see any loss of speed.

Vijay
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.D.P. View Post
Yes, from my couple of days driving experience I can say Manza gear shift is not smooth like straight H or slanting H manufactured cars cars and slotting is hard.

However its precise and unambiguous, which is really good.

Cheers/
R.D.P.
Dont think that much force is required for gear shift, its precise and solid, which I believe is for good. Haven't faced any problem with reverse gear from neutral. Getting used to loss of acceleration while moving from 1st gear to second gear and then onto 3rd. Pushing 1st gear upto 1500 rpms atleast to get a better response from 2nd.

Haven't faced any niggles reported here so far.
Old 24th April 2010, 10:59   #1035
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Tata motors may roll out 800cc small car by 2012 - Business Standard

Just happened to read the news
Tata motors may roll out 800cc small car by 2012
Quote:
The country’s largest auto maker, which is developing the car internally, plans to sell the model between its smallest Nano and hatchback Indica models. The car, code-named “Dolphin”, is likely to be launched in the next 18-24 months, an industry source said today.
“The car is expected to be powered by an 800cc or 1,000cc engine, and will be strategically placed in the A2 segment like Maruti Suzuki’s WagonR and Hyundai i10,” the source said.
He said the car is likely to be priced around Rs 3.5 lakh.
When can we expect a cute small SUV from TM (to compete with Rio and the upcoming model from Mahindra)?

Mods, please delete already posted, move to the right thread if not apppriate here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks