Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2010, 02:33   #1051
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper21 View Post
Akhil, Thanks for your response. But if the problem reoccurred,shouldn't we be asking TATA/Concorde for a permanent solution? My friend's Swift also makes a Dhud sound when he goes over speed breakers at over 30Kmph or so.

Manza owners, are you guys facing the same shocks problem that i and Akhil are having? If ours is a one off case then we should be asking them to fix it immediately
I am facing the same shock problem.
Its reduced after first service but havent gone away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kURETI View Post
i dont understand how come everyone here is getting a big mileage I have been getting only 11.9kmperlit on diesel. Recently had a tour of close to 1850kms. the AC refresh air had a jam and had to suffer for no performance of AC, had to bear the great heat of Andrapradesh. The pickup also drops down on full load in the car. driver +4 people and lugg. of 120kgs in the boot, the car sucks.
The same is with me.
Very sedate driving and still 12km in city.
Was hoping it to increase after first service but it hasnt!
Old 14th June 2010, 20:04   #1052
BHPian

Quote:
in city drive it just gives me about 9km per lit diesel. i dont understand the reason, when i give it for recheck to the showroom they just say they will tune it again the same problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post

The same is with me.
Very sedate driving and still 12km in city.
Was hoping it to increase after first service but it hasnt!
Hi kURETI/harry10

1. What is idle rpm? It should be less than 1000. ( around 900). If its more probably more fuel is burnt to keep the engine idle running, resulting in low FE

2. Analyzing Inst FE can be a crude way of determining Ave FE under ideal conditions.

Simple way could be.

Select Inst FE mode in DIS.
After initial warmup period( running 5-6 km), go to empty stretch where you can drive at constant speed for few Kilometers.

Drive steadily, around 1800-1900 rpm.
It should translate to ~60Kmph in 4th or~80Kmph in 5th,

The Inst FE should slowly increase over a kilometer or so. The DIS should now display Inst. FE around 25Kmpl, as long as rpms are constant.

I get 25kmpl consistently for 2-4kms. Key is keep rpm just below 2000.

This is not accurate way but If your are getting lower Inst FE, I guess you can raise query in next visit to workshop.

If you are getting the around 25 Inst FE, probably low average FE is due to mix of traffic conditions and driving habits. OR may be you should switch to reliable petrol/diesel pump in city.

My Airawat Ave FE is slowly increased over last two months. Now FE figure 15.8km.

However all the time I remained in limit around 2000 rpm. Only once I drove car around and slightly beyond 3000 rpm on tacho for stretch of 15Kms(man! its was addictive..Super smooth drive), the Ave FE was dropped quickly to 15.6 kmpl where as inst FE was around 9-11 kmpl.

So driving style and road traffic conditions have huge impact on MANZA FE.

Cheers/
R.D.P.

I could not drive on longer than 5-6 kms stretch in which I can keep the tacho in the range of 1800-1900 rpm. So I do not know if one can drive 10-15 kms at this constant speed still INST FE will display 25kmpl.
Old 17th June 2010, 10:27   #1053
BHPian

manza mileage / music system

Quote:
i dont understand how come everyone here is getting a big mileage I have been getting only 11.9kmperlit on diesel. Recently had a tour of close to 1850kms. the AC refresh air had a jam and had to suffer for no performance of AC, had to bear the great heat of Andrapradesh. The pickup also drops down on full load in the car. driver +4 people and lugg. of 120kgs in the boot, the car sucks.
Mileage : I have a diesel Aura+, and I too have been measuring the FE regularly. It doesnt move beyond 11.6 kmpl on full tank method over 4 such measurements, whereas the DIS shows 13.1 kmpl. My car has covered 4500 kms, driving is a combination of city + highway, and pretty standard driving methods. A real disappointment considering that 15+ would have been the minimum to expect on this engine.

Thud : Yes, the thud is very noticeable on bumps. Will get it checked in 2nd free service due now.

Indicator stalks : Dont come back to position automatically most of the time - have to be manually brought back.

Music System : The Music system too is misbehaving - shows "Alarm" when on Tuner and doesnt let me change the radio channels from the one it is playing. In this situation, even the Bluetooth pairing is faulty and does not connect. Have contacted Blaupunkt.

Will post update.
Old 18th June 2010, 19:42   #1054
Senior - BHPian

2200 km and mileage is still stuck at 12.5, beats me how is it coming so low!

Anyways does anyone knows how can the buzzer for the seat belt can be set to off,or is there anyway to off it as my parents gets annoyed by its sound.
Though it does gets automatically off after one min or the moment seat belt is engaged.
Old 19th June 2010, 14:03   #1055
BHPian

Quote:

Anyways does anyone knows how can the buzzer for the seat belt can be set to off,or is there anyway to off it as my parents gets annoyed by its sound.
Though it does gets automatically off after one min or the moment seat belt is engaged.
Hi Harry, sorry to hear the low mileage on your car. I have used my car for about 6800km now and the average mileage so far is about 15.5. It's after about 1500km highway and rest mostly is in local NCR traffic conditions. Manza in general has a better mileage than your's, will recommend you to get it checked.

Regarding the buzzer, you can take out the buzzer and keep it aside if you want. It's located under the area just above bonnet release latch. There is a plastic cover which can be removed and you will see the fuse box area. In there, buzzer is a black thing, looks like a round 3 pin plug we use at home. It actually works like a plug and play. So you can put it back in whenever you want. Hope this helps.
Old 19th June 2010, 15:58   #1056
BHPian

[quote=harry10;1934103]I am facing the same shock problem.
Its reduced after first service but havent gone away.

The unlubricated kind of sound in my car is fixed now But the Dhud sound still exists when i go over speadbreakers at a higher speed. According to the service advisor at Concorde Motors this is because the shocks expand faster and maybe hits a bush. (not exactly sure what he meant).
I also believe this is one of the main complaints they got during the camp.

Anyway i am rather relieved to find the noise gone, will need to closely observe this over a period of say 6 months and hopefully it does not return.

Other issues with my car:
-Someone pulled off the cover over the right handle key hole . This was replaced.
-While fixing the reverse parking sensors they plucked the A pillar plastic cover (over the wires). bought those small clips for 24 bucks and its all set now.
-Fuel release needs to be pulled really hard for it to open, I am afraid it will break.
-Power steering was hard . After service it was smoothened but sometimes i feel it becomes hard and then returns to normal. Need to observe this and get it replaced if necessary.
-Cannot say the gearshift is butter smooth.
Old 23rd June 2010, 16:16   #1057
BHPian

Quote:

@ Harry - After 4500 kms, the FE I'm getting is 11.6 to 11.8 kmpl. The dealer says that this is all controlled Electronically, so no settngs can be done to improve it. Some ppl get 15, some 18, and some as low as 11.6 ! I've been driving for abt 21 years now, and am not such a bad driver. Wonder whats wrong ??!!
Old 23rd June 2010, 18:12   #1058
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishparekh View Post
After 4500 kms, the FE I'm getting is 11.6 to 11.8 kmpl.
What is your driving routine in a day? If it is small runs and all within a congested town / city, this is very much possible.
Old 25th June 2010, 00:39   #1059

Front Grill Change

The Manza front grill looks somewhat abruptly shaped compared to other cars. They could certainly do with a small change like the below attachment(done in windows paint).
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-62a.jpg  

Old 25th June 2010, 11:21   #1060
BHPian

Quote:

Regarding Buzzer,

Dont romove buzzer as it gives other warnings also like door open, headlights on which are really useful. To remove seatbelt warning only, Look under or left side of seat where we clip the belt. You will find wire there which sends signal to system that Belt is clipped or not. Just look carefully you will find coupler/connector over there which can be easily disconnected. Disconnect this and you are done. I have done this for my Vista.
Old 25th June 2010, 18:18   #1061
BHPian

I'm sorry but why would you (or anybody else) want to remove / disable a safety feature provided by the manufacturer?
Old 25th June 2010, 18:40   #1062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Simplest method which I follow wear the seat-belt before you insert key,Apart from saving annoyance to your parents this method may save life as well in certain situations
Old 25th June 2010, 20:14   #1063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Simplest method which I follow wear the seat-belt before you insert key,Apart from saving annoyance to your parents this method may save life as well in certain situations
Had no intention of removing the buzzer.
Was just checking if any switch is there for that.

Anyways first time mileage showing as 13.1. finally moved from the 12 territory.
Old 26th June 2010, 21:09   #1064
BHPian

Any one on this forum- Any idea about the new color of the Manza called Gothic olive. How does it look like.
Old 26th June 2010, 21:53   #1065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper21 View Post
But the Dhud sound still exists when i go over speadbreakers at a higher speed. According to the service advisor at Concorde Motors this is because the shocks expand faster and maybe hits a bush. (not exactly sure what he meant).
I also believe this is one of the main complaints they got during the camp.
Hi Viper, this was the same explanation i got from KHT motors service center guys, But still they dont have any solution for this..
TATA guys please help lot of Manza owners are having problem with shock absorber do something please

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks