Team-BHP - Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/71073-chevrolet-beat-test-drive-review-15.html)

GTO, you've ensured that no-one has to look anywhere else for a BEAT review.

Loved the photograph of the rear seat to show how claustrophobic the area is

Also noticed that the BEAT has the smallest boot amongst its competitors, otherwise, its pretty well stacked.

This is one car that is crying for a THULE roof rack for long drives!

I am not sure if this is correct place to ask, but I have a question about roof rails:

Are the Roof Rails on Beat, Spark and Wagon of any use (apart from looks)?
Can they be used to carry additional luggage (esp bigger suitcases) using roof mounts?
Are they really strong enough for such purpose ?

And from where can one buy roof mounts for these rails ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool.aquarian (Post 1653969)
I am not sure if this is correct place to ask, but I have a question about roof rails:

Can they be used to carry additional luggage (esp bigger suitcases) using roof mounts?

If I have not mistaken, all these roof rails are used in European and other countries for carrying snow boards. Can hardly be used in our conditions.

I presume (may not be correct) that the roof rails are held in place by adhesive in spark/i10/wagon R (have to check my uncle's Wagon R). So they may not be suitable for carrying loads. They are just there to enhance the look IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool.aquarian (Post 1653969)

Hi,

There are usually almost exclusively used to carrying ski equipment and are not meant to carry luggage. It is actually a useless thing to sell in India unless I guess you stay near Auli or some such and go skiing regularly. But some models have what some car companies call "luggage baskets" which fit on top of the rails and can bear a reasonable amount of weight akin to the carriers of yore. I do not know if these are available in India for the models.

GM is working on a diesel motor but don't know how good & when it is going to come. Hope they bring it soon to BEAT the competition hard. :)

Yes, the base version has both PS and AC.

It has beautiful interiors and kicks most of its contemporaries' backside.

I just had a small spin in it. Will post a complete test report tomorrow.

One thing: Took back to back tests with the Estilo/A-Star and the Ritz... for city-driving this car literally trumps them on most counts. The futuristic interiors are an absolute delight.

Sadly market response is always lethargic to any change.

GM's poor image goes a long way in ruining things for its great line-up of cars.

Let us hope things change for GM.

GM is finally coming around to pricing their vehicles very competitively.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EssYouWe (Post 1664505)

GM's poor image goes a long way in ruining things for its great line-up of cars.

Let us hope things change for GM.

GM is finally coming around to pricing their vehicles very competitively.

Don't worry!! This one has to sell in good numbers now that GM has priced it so well. And it looks super cool. I am definitely in for it :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by EssYouWe (Post 1664505)

IMHO, this is a good thing. It keeps companies on toes. They know they have to deliver "consistently" for 7 - 8 years to alter perceptions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EssYouWe (Post 1664316)
Yes, the base version has both PS and AC.

It has beautiful interiors and kicks most of its contemporaries' backside.

I just had a small spin in it. Will post a complete test report tomorrow.

One thing: Took back to back tests with the Estilo/A-Star and the Ritz... for city-driving this car literally trumps them on most counts. The futuristic interiors are an absolute delight.

EssyouWe,
Looks like you are literally blown away by the interiors:thumbs up
Beat has got every thing going for it, pricing included. It deserves some good numbers only if chevrolet promotes it well. Teasers were really good.

Small car segment is really getting hot.

But GM should have launched diesel and auto variant to make some big statement
Beat has got nothing "out of the box" compared to its competition, However pricing will be its USP.

fly on ointment however is the bootspace at 170 litres It pulls a challenge on A-star:uncontrol

Hehe!

I dunno why that is. I sat in the Beat after sitting in the Captiva and Optra and still liked it better.

I'll post a review and a few pics by tomorrow!

Super cool looking car, looks like some spy's-car or a alien craft.
Sexy speedo meter. Although the rear door handle is pretty funny but very different.
Not that happy with the technical spec, could be beter.

Beat priced at 3.34 lk for base model, its just like giving i10 car at santro prices :D, surely it will be a toughie for marutis and hyundais

Hey GTO two thumbs up for the thorough unbiased review! You know what we car enthusiasts look out for in a car. You'll put the car mags out of business I think :)