Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2010, 19:47   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Whats the On road price its being offered at?

EDIT- Just found out the ex-showroom Mumbai is 5.77 on the website-www.vista90.com.

This makes the price difference between Punto E+ around 80k, and with the discounts on punto only 40K. I think TATA might be pushing it a bit too far this time with the Vista.
And the Vista90 is only about 40k lower than an equivalent Manza Safire model. Not a very tough call to make when you are in the Tata-Fiat showroom

I wish they had done something about the boot space also. Would have made sense probably if we got something close to Figo/Punto/Fabia/i20.
Old 30th October 2010, 12:27   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
And the Vista90 is only about 40k lower than an equivalent Manza Safire model. Not a very tough call to make when you are in the Tata-Fiat showroom

I wish they had done something about the boot space also. Would have made sense probably if we got something close to Figo/Punto/Fabia/i20.
Yeah I agree with you completely. What was TATA thinking? The 1.2 ltr Vista had its USP straight and bang on target -the goodies , space and retails for 5 L OTR mumbai, after the discounts. Unbeatable combination at that price point. They are charging 1 lakh premium just for the 90 bhp engine and the new interior scheme (Aura+)

Now with the Vista entering the 6 lakh bracket , it faces direct competition from the polo, fabia, punto,i20 and the Manza. IMHO I dont think it will add up much to the sales figures, what it will do instead is make the Vista portfolio much more varied.

I love TATA cars for what they are and what they offer and I hope in the coming years , TATA remains true to its core competencies of space comfort and value and offers the best of both the worlds at the most affordable price.

Last edited by MihirC : 30th October 2010 at 12:31.
Old 4th November 2010, 14:08   #78
BHPian

There is one more update. Just happened to speak to Concorde motors. They do not have the new Vista on display or td yet. But OTR for Aura+ in Mumbai is 6.53 L, no discounts. Thats bomb expensive for a Vista man.

Punto E+ is 6.7 Otr after discounts, Manza Aura ABS is the same price of 6.53 Otr. Forget other cars in the showroow these cars are going to be in front of the customer. And in all possibility the Manza Aura ABS will end up cannibalising the sales of the Vista Aura+ Crazy I say.

To some extent the person going for Fiat wont shift to Tata and vice versa but amongst Tata a customer will surely think between the 2.

Last edited by MihirC : 4th November 2010 at 14:12.
Old 4th November 2010, 14:51   #79
BHPian

Quote:
There is one more update. Just happened to speak to Concorde motors. They do not have the new Vista on display or td yet. But OTR for Aura+ in Mumbai is 6.53 L, no discounts. Thats bomb expensive for a Vista man.

Punto E+ is 6.7 Otr after discounts, Manza Aura ABS is the same price of 6.53 Otr.

And in all possibility the Manza Aura ABS will end up cannibalising the sales of the Vista Aura+ Crazy I say.

I guess two months down the line, we should see big discounts on this one and Tata will keep it on the menu only until it sees demand in the export markets.

They would have been better off, launching the 16-valver from the Indigo XL (with some work done on the power delivery) and they could have probably priced it at about the same level as the Safire 65.

I wonder who did the math before pricing this car, probably this is the next car after Aria to be priced so high (compared to the value it offers), atleast in Aria we have a lot of stuff as standard and it is in a different segment with lower number of competitors.

Last edited by indivic : 4th November 2010 at 14:53. Reason: Rephrased some sentences
Old 5th November 2010, 01:49   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The 1.2 ltr Vista had its USP straight and bang on target -the goodies , space and retails for 5 L OTR mumbai, after the discounts. Unbeatable combination at that price point. They are charging 1 lakh premium just for the 90 bhp engine and the new interior scheme (Aura+)
I for sure will never spend the extra bucks for getting the 1.4L engine, if that is a TATA brand and more importantly if it handles like Indica. Indica is best suited as a CAB and the 1.4L is just of no use here.
I appriciate for what Tata has achieved. But I believe they have taken it a bit too far with Indica.
First the the horrible Indica. Then they got V2, Zeta. Then came Indigo. Indigo Cs, Indigo XL, Indigo Marina, Indigo eCs. Now came the Vista, Manza. And finally the 90BHP 1.4L portfolio filler (portfolio overflower). God knows how many versions of indica are available today?
Old 7th November 2010, 15:26   #81
Senior - BHPian

I get the feeling that Tata doesn't intend to sell too many of these. It's like their flagship model. After all there there are few hatchbacks that can claim 90bhp. It's like a brand building exercise. I fully expect a Vista90 diesel shortly, with the VGT from the Manza.

I wish they'd gone the whole hog and tuned the handling as well. 90bhp is no good if it handles like a boat. Maybe in the Ignis.
Old 7th November 2010, 15:54   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They are charging 1 lakh premium just for the 90 bhp engine and the new interior scheme (Aura+)
You left out the alloys.

However, I would pick the Punto over this, anyday.
Old 18th December 2010, 22:51   #83
BHPian

Re: Tata Indica Vista90 : Test Drive & Review

The interiors are far better looking in the case of vista and the manza. I seriously don't understand why people always complain about the interiors quality of Manza and Vista.Except for the panel gaps everything is good.
Old 27th December 2010, 14:31   #84
BHPian

hi, a very nice review, i am starting to prefer tbhp reviews to autocar/overdrive etc!

I have posted this question in another thread but I think its appropriate to post it here,
how does the vista90 aura+ compare to figo tdci titanium. I know its petrol vs diesel, but i want to know the overall drivability. Ive heard that vista is not known for its handling, but is there any improvement in the 90hp one?
I am really confused!!!
thanks
Old 31st December 2010, 12:19   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
I for sure will never spend the extra bucks for getting the 1.4L engine, if that is a TATA brand and more importantly if it handles like Indica. Indica is best suited as a CAB and the 1.4L is just of no use here.
I appriciate for what Tata has achieved. But I believe they have taken it a bit too far with Indica.
First the the horrible Indica. Then they got V2, Zeta. Then came Indigo. Indigo Cs, Indigo XL, Indigo Marina, Indigo eCs. Now came the Vista, Manza. And finally the 90BHP 1.4L portfolio filler (portfolio overflower). God knows how many versions of indica are available today?
Hi Oxyzen,
You could have simply said "I hate Tata and Indica" and summed that up easily.
Everyone does that. Even Maruti. 800-Alto-Zen-AltoK10-A_Star.
Just see some other markets than India. And you'll see that these are all "ALTO" there, over 1st (800) 2nd (Zen) 3rd(Alto & k10) 4th(A-Star) generation. The name in bracket is the name in India for the same car. And dear Maruti sold all those generations at a time here at different price points...They couldn't be cabs only because they turned out to be too small for anything more than 4 people and had petrol engines.

Even "M1000-Esteem-Swift-Swift DZire" They are the evolution of the multiple generations of Suzuki Cultus/Swift in international markets. Only DZire being Indian design to replace the Esteem/Baleno gap. NOM Of course, but these are facts...

Btw, have you driven all of the cars you mentioned above in that list? Lucky you if so...

Last edited by Reinhard : 31st December 2010 at 12:25.
Old 31st December 2010, 17:57   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
The interiors are far better looking in the case of vista and the manza. I seriously don't understand why people always complain about the interiors quality of Manza and Vista.Except for the panel gaps everything is good.
Let me explain why. We have owned a first-gen Indica DLE -> Indica V2 facelift -> Manza. The Vista / Manza are a big step forward from the early cars (I've said that in my review) but that does NOT discount them from the expected levels of quality in their segment. Because they are improving doesn't mean they're on par with the competition, heck, they're nowhere close. I hope you've gone through my post wherein I have mentioned how the entire driver control panel for the power windows came off in my hand during the review. Now that is utterly below par, Tata should put their best foot forward at least in a review, if nothing else, and then continue to better their interior quality in production.

And take for example our less than two month old Manza Q'jet. The A-pillar plastic panel came loose a day before first service. Need I say more? I paid close to 7L for that car, and in terms of interior quality it is nowhere near. I still love it because it suits the application perfectly i.e. a refined and economical cruiser with an astonishingly comfortable back seat. Nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoriginal9321 View Post
hi, a very nice review, i am starting to prefer tbhp reviews to autocar/overdrive etc!
Thank you. We try to be as comprehensive in our reviews as we can.

Quote:
how does the vista90 aura+ compare to figo tdci titanium. I know its petrol vs diesel, but i want to know the overall drivability. Ive heard that vista is not known for its handling, but is there any improvement in the 90hp one?
Apologies, haven't driven the Figo yet so cannot answer your query.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Indica is best suited as a CAB...
Strongly disagree. Let's refrain from making sweeping statements here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
You could have simply said "I hate Tata and Indica" and summed that up easily.
Again, let's refrain from making sweeping statements and starting an utterly pointless manufacturer fanboy / bashing thread.

Quote:
Everyone does that. Even Maruti. 800-Alto-Zen-AltoK10-A_Star.
Just see some other markets than India. And you'll see that these are all "ALTO" there, over 1st (800) 2nd (Zen) 3rd(Alto & k10) 4th(A-Star) generation.
True, Maruti and Hyundai have been largely guilty of selling the old and new models parallel. Tata seems to be catching up fast, with the Indica and the Indigo CS still on offer.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 31st December 2010 at 18:00.
Old 10th April 2011, 12:27   #87
BHPian

@FlyingSpur : could you give us an idea on the measured fuel economy of this model ?
Old 25th August 2011, 05:48   #88
BHPian

With the facelift just launched, guys who have already driven the car should update this thread with their experiences. Perhaps we need a new thread itself.
Old 25th August 2011, 12:48   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourWheelDrift View Post
@FlyingSpur : could you give us an idea on the measured fuel economy of this model ?
Sorry for the late response. Didn't see this post. I didn't do any FE runs, I guess owners can update you.
Old 1st March 2012, 22:55   #90
Senior - BHPian

bumping up an old thread, is there any news on the 90 bhp VGT QJD vista?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks