Team-BHP - Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/92207-skoda-yeti-review-price-pictures-8.html)

Not sure if anyone put up on road prices for Mumbai but here goes:

Ambiente: [Rs. 17.84 L on road] [Rs. 15.73 L ex showroom]
Elegance: [Rs. 19.24 L on road] [Rs. 16.99 L ex showroom]

I still believe this is a little expensive for the Yeti. I would have considered paying this amount strictly for a DSG, not a manual.

I'd pay these prices even for the DSG with the 1.8 TSI but for the manual tranny - No. Too pricey.

I know they're completely not comparable but if I was in the market (I'm not), I'd just plonk the extra 4L and buy the Superb.

Love the yeti but its a bit out of budget. Hoping against hope that the OTR is around 15l.

@ Rehaan - Thanks for the fantastic review. Any idea if the 1.8 TSI yeti would be launched sometime? If that fits into my budget it will be a no brainer for me.

Excellent review Rehaan, and the attention to detail leaves me speechless. I am rating it 5* :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFS (Post 2142517)
I thought the this was a nice feature, especially with lot of theft issues now-a-days. When the driver opens his door, if all the other doors remain closed, none will be able to enter the vehicle quickly (especially when the driver stepped out for a few minutes). I agree with your point though that the driver has to push an additional button to unlock all other doors. May be it was just me (personal liking). No offence meant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 2142620)
A few members have said this, and perhaps "test drive" situations are a little different from "real life" situations as i mentioned in my earlier post. Will edit the original comment on this feature to be more balanced. :thumbs up

That's exactly what came to my mind to.

@Rehaan: Hope the central locks get activated once you are in and the vehicle starts moving - can you pls clarify?

Great review Rehaan. Though in all honesty nobody waxes poetic as well as GTO does. lol:

The interiors look absolutely stunning- I don't recall being this impressed by any car in the segmen including the Laura. Am a little confused by VW's positioning: the Skodas on offer (bar Fabia) currently seem to be better fitted and plusher than the Polo and Vento- why then do they call Skoda their budget brand?

I am actually quite OK with the quirky looks, though that B pillar takes getting used to! But given Skoda's sad *** story in India, am pretty sure I would never buy one in the near future.

In post #1 I was really amused (and impressed) by the "pointy corner" observation on the front window. You guys really have an eye for the small things that go into a car. Respect.

Also, my two cents on the puddle mirror being in the "wrong place"- is it possible they want you to check through the window BEFORE opening the door? Just so you park in the right place rather than having to restart the car and park more suitably? Just a thought.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axe77 (Post 2143340)

I'd pay these prices even for the DSG with the 1.8 TSI but for the manual tranny - No. Too pricey.

Agree 100%. A DSG Yeti at that price would be ultimate VFM.

A very detailed review. The car seems to have a lot of nice features, looks interesting and fills up an empty segment. Given our road conditions in many places, a 4x4 SUV that drives like car which can handle occasional slushy and bad roads makes a lot of sense. However, if I am in market for a 16 l vehicle, I don't think I will put my money on this one purely for just one reason, an after sales services that rips you off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 2141592)
Other Points

• The doors auto-lock, but don’t unlock when the drivers door is opened from the inside. You have to manually press the unlock button on the center console to let people in. Irritating!

I disagree. I love this feature and I think it is very safe this way. I don't have to unlock all doors when I am either alone in the car or when I want to keep the other doors locked when I step out of the car to ask for a road direction/to watch the fuel pump etc. I also like to keep just the driver door unlocked when driving in highways. If there is an emergency, people could open the door and pull the passengers out. Unfortunately I cant do this on many locking solutions where if I unlock the drivers door, all doors open.

Same feeling as far as opening the door from outside is concerned. One press, open just the drivers door and 2 presses open all the doors. Very very neat.

Fantastic review Rehaan. But where is Skoda positioning it in terms of prices? Scorpio comes at around 11 L fully loaded and then IMO there not much diffrence between Yeti and the Ford Endeavour. All of a sudden it looks like Ford is more VFM. Please correct me if I am wrong...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axe77 (Post 2143340)

I still believe this is a little expensive for the Yeti. I would have considered paying this amount strictly for a DSG, not a manual.

I know they're completely not comparable but if I was in the market (I'm not), I'd just plonk the extra 4L and buy the Superb.

That's exactly what I thought of If I need an SUV why not put little more and get fortuner, superb, passat maybe. Or may be one can put more over superb and get BMW 320d CE or may be not. But, like some said this is for people who need a car that could do mild off roading or take the rough roads with a stride.

Any idea for the prices on ex-thane which I suppose will without octroi. IF the above prices are with octroi than I suppose ex-thane will be around around 18L.For that price one should seriously consider looking at captiva as well

Quote:

Originally Posted by idofsuresh (Post 2143538)

I disagree. I love this feature and I think it is very safe this way. I don't have to unlock all doors when I am either alone in the car or when I want to keep the other doors locked when I step out of the car to ask for a road direction/to watch the fuel pump etc. I also like to keep just the driver door unlocked when driving in highways. If there is an emergency, people could open the door and pull the passengers out. Unfortunately I cant do this on many locking solutions where if I unlock the drivers door, all doors open.

Same feeling as far as opening the door from outside is concerned. One press, open just the drivers door and 2 presses open all the doors. Very very neat.

I totally agree with your POV. It is perfect from safety POV. My Viva Crdi which had the remote lock fitted at the dealership worked likewise & was in my opinion, great.

Cheers

I was going through the Yeti website when I saw under accessories.

Categorized under "Comfort & Utility"

Cruise Control - Rs 7,098/-

What is this?

Guys, Repeating the question once again:

Did Skoda say anything about petrol options? 1.2/1.8 TSI?

Hi,
I know a soft-roader is NOT an off-roader, but still the 180 mm GC seems rather low. Any information on approach, departure, and breakover angles? Skid/ bash plates? Vulnerability of components on off road environments?

Another thought: in a vehicle with reasonably even spread of torque, why a six speed? Couldn't the cost have been better spent elsewhere?

Anyone got an exploded view of its drivetrain?

Regards
Sutripta

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sutripta (Post 2143851)
Hi,
I know a soft-roader is NOT an off-roader, but still the 180 mm GC seems rather low. Any information on approach, departure, and breakover angles? Skid/ bash plates? Vulnerability of components on off road environments?

Another thought: in a vehicle with reasonably even spread of torque, why a six speed? Couldn't the cost have been better spent elsewhere?

Anyone got an exploded view of its drivetrain?

Regards
Sutripta

I remember reading somewhere that the underbody is well protected. And here just a page or two back someone posted a diagram showing the underbody protection. Im sure after including so many offroad technologies Skoda would not forget something like this.

Skoda already has the same six speed gearbox on the Laura and the Superb, hence I dont think it would cost that much more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 2143900)
Skoda already has the same six speed gearbox on the Laura and the Superb, hence I dont think it would cost that much more.

Is first gear a crawler? Then a 6speed would make eminent sense.

Regards
Sutripta

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sutripta (Post 2143905)
Is first gear a crawler? Then a 6speed would make eminent sense.

Regards
Sutripta

Nope its not. Im just assuming its the same 6 speed as the Laura and the Superb.

I am guessing there could be some changes to gear ratios compared to other two. Need to check on that.