Team-BHP - Pune : List of Nitrogen filling locations
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Other Cities (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-cities/)
-   -   Pune : List of Nitrogen filling locations (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-cities/102913-pune-list-nitrogen-filling-locations.html)

Hi All,

Most of us fill in Nitrogen in our ride's tyres nowadays. Its more affordable, better ride quality (IMO), and less maintainence.

I thought of compiling a list of places that do fill in Nitrogen in the tyres. Could be useful to most of us, plus others who are not familiar to Pune.

So here is the list:

1. Autolines Pump (Shivajinagar. Opp Agri College).
2. BP Pump (Opp RTO office)
3. Car ax Accessories Shop (Pune Mum Bypass. Under the Baner flyover)
4. BP Pump in Hinjewadi Phase 2 (Not sure if they do, saw the machine at the bunk the other day).
5. HP pump on the E-Way. (Its on the first food plaza, while heading to Bombay).

Thats all I can think of now, please feel free to add others to the list.
May be beneficial to all of us.

Thanks.

@Mods: I could not find a thread addressing this particular issue. If it exists, please merge. Thanks.

Adding one more to the list:

4. BP Pump in Hinjewadi Phase 2 (Not sure if they do, saw the machine at the bunk the other day).
5. HP pump on the E-Way. (Its on the first food plaza, while heading to Bombay).
6. Lokmanya Tyres on Karve Road.

On a different note other than less frequent top up i really did not find any major benefit of Nitrogen filling. I had it filled when i changed my tyres, but then shifted back to normal air (thanks to digital inflator) as did not find it worth going to specific points in the city for filling Nitrogen.

Some more..
1. Kasat petrol pump on Karve Road (Opp McDonalds')
2. HP Petrol Pump Hinjewadi (going towards Hinjewadi)
3. BP Petrol Pump on Karve Road (going towards Deccan)

BTW, how much does the Digital inflator cost?

Adding one more:

6. Lokmanya Tyres on Karve Road.
7. Kasat petrol pump on Karve Road (Opp McDonalds')
8. HP Petrol Pump Hinjewadi (going towards Hinjewadi)
9. BP Petrol Pump on Karve Road (going towards Deccan)
10. HP petrol pump Bavdhan (the one near Chandni Chowk while coming from Pashan)

What happens if you have a puncture and if the nearest puncture fellow doesnt have nitrogen? Assuming the spare tyre is also not usable, does the tyre have to be totally drained and then filled with ordinary compressed air?
Have any of you driven with three tyres on nitrogen and one on compressed air?
Sorry but I know nothing about nitrogen usage in cars, or elsewhere for that matter!

Quote:

Originally Posted by selfdrive (Post 2392498)
What happens if you have a puncture and if the nearest puncture fellow doesnt have nitrogen? Assuming the spare tyre is also not usable, does the tyre have to be totally drained and then filled with ordinary compressed air?
Have any of you driven with three tyres on nitrogen and one on compressed air?
Sorry but I know nothing about nitrogen usage in cars, or elsewhere for that matter!

Nothing needs to be done, just top it up with normal air. Air anyway contains 70% nitrogen. No problem even if three tyres on nitrogen and one on compressed air

By ensuring pure Nitrogen we ensure the water vapour contents are ruled out.
Nitrogen has a larger moleculer structure so it escaped less from the tube walls hence constant pressure & lesser topping up effort/maintenance.
Nitrogen is a inert gas and it doesn't expand on tyre heating up (due to high speeds), so you get contant ride quality and less prone to tyre bursting due to heat up. I think we have elaborate thread on team bhp on this, try searching that thread for more info.

Darshan tyres Nagar Road
Mehta tyres, camp.

There is a tyre shop opp Seasons Hotel in Aundh. They offer Nitrogen too.
But before filling i called up @dot ~ and he pointed out that air is 70% oxygen anyways. Which is again confirmed by @RemingtonSteele.
So i decided to keep the hundred odd and change back in the pocket.
Took out a nice crisp tenner, handed it over to the guy who just filled up air and drove off a happy guy.
Thanks for saving me some money @dot
A very useful thread to have though. If i ever do fill up Nitrogen in my tires. It's here where i shall stop by to find out where.
Drive Safe!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmplog (Post 2392444)
BTW, how much does the Digital inflator cost?

LIMI brand of digital inflator costs around Rs.2400/- or thereabouts.

Here is an interesting link I found on this topic.

Nitrogen in Tires : Information about Nitrogen Tire Inflation News, Benefits, Generator Dealers, Location Finder & More

Edit: The topic finally took a toll on me: I spend some time to look at technical papers on this subject. Turns out that permeability of Oxygen is higher than Nitrogen through tyres. Which means flux is higher in case of air when compared to pure nitrogen. So thats why Nitrogen stays longer in tyres.

However when you look at cost and the fact that we all are petrolheads (dieselheads also welcome) here, regular fill with air is more than enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdsaab (Post 2392648)
But before filling i called up @dot ~ and he pointed out that air is 70% oxygen anyways. Which is again confirmed by @RemingtonSteele.

EEEee. 80% Nitrogen, not 70% oxygen. Man, my reputation as a chemical doctor is at stake. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitwlele (Post 2392704)
LIMI brand of digital inflator costs around Rs.2400/- or thereabouts.

How is it working, did you have a chance to try it out?

Thanks for the informative link @Dot.
I was'nt aware of these benefits of using Nitrogen. I used it only because its easier to maintain the tyres. Check every 3 months or so and forget about it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar
. Check every 3 months or so and forget about it!

Precisely one of the main reasons to go for nitrogen. Also the gauges at most filling stations are not calibrated properly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dot (Post 2392772)

How is it working, did you have a chance to try it out?

Its working perfectly fine. When i bought it about couple of months back my tyres had nitrogen. So was not able to test it immediately on the car. But i was excited with the buy and wanted to try it out as quickly as possible. So started filling up everything that could be filled with air :uncontrol First my sons bicycle, then some inflatable toy of his, then my bike tyres.

Have started using it on my Car tyres over the last month. Happy with it. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by dot (Post 2392772)
EEEee. 80% Nitrogen, not 70% oxygen. Man, my reputation as a chemical doctor is at stake. :)

Ooops really sorry. Hey but not being a doctor i was close enough :D
I will live with that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitwlele (Post 2392827)
Its working perfectly fine. When i bought it about couple of months back my tyres had nitrogen. So was not able to test it immediately on the car. But i was excited with the buy and wanted to try it out as quickly as possible. So started filling up everything that could be filled with air :uncontrol First my sons bicycle, then some inflatable toy of his, then my bike tyres.

Have started using it on my Car tyres over the last month. Happy with it.

Can I ask where you got it from? I am looking for one too, along with a puncture repair kit, or at least a couple of valves so that I am not duped again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdsaab (Post 2392849)
Ooops really sorry. Hey but not being a doctor i was close enough. I will live with that.

Yes, you certainly will live with that, especially as it is 3.5 times the level we get. Probably more given all the pollution :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by selfdrive (Post 2392859)
Can I ask where you got it from? I am looking for one too, along with a puncture repair kit, or at least a couple of valves so that I am not duped again!

I got it in Pune from the below address:

Mr.Sawkar (Digital Tyre Inflator)
275, Shaniwar Peth, Omkareshwar Chowk
Pune, Maharashtra - 411 030, India
Phone - 020 24495739, 24455739

In order to avoid going totally :OT i am posting the link of the thread which also has the snaps and info about other inflators.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...flators-2.html