Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2012, 14:25   #1
BHPian

Exterior & Interior Detailing : 3M Car Care (Apte Road, Pune)

I bought my Linea in 2010 and after about 43800 Kms in 2.5 years it was time for a refresh by giving it an interior and exterior treatment. So after a long drive of 1350Km from Pune to Amravati to attend a wedding and Linea being the decorated in it, I decided to give it a full treatment. I had seen the 3M car care shop on Apte road, Pune a couple of times and wanted to give a try and here is my view of it.

Pre-Work experience : I walked in at about 11.30am on 29th Dec. I was promptly attended to by Mr Yogesh Kulkarni. He explained all the interior and the exterior packages and what they entail along with the cost of each package. Since I was more interested in a complete interior work-up I chose "Interior GermKleen Plus" package which included works like upholstery cleaning , air con cleaning and anti bacterial treatment, dashboard and a 5-point cleaning program. More of this can be found on 3M site. For exterior detailing I chose "PowerShine" package which included a natural wax treatment along with usual tyre cleaning and wash etc.The estimated time given was 6 hours and was told the car would be ready by 6.30pm.

Work experience : Prior to starting of the work all the stuff inside the car like goggles, receipts, papers, trash was put in a basket tub in front of me and I was told to check if there was anything which was important and imported which I need to keep with me. The work was done professionally with masking tape being put on windows etc. The car was washed thoroughly with low pressure wash in engine bay and rest at normal washing pressure. All the products used were 3M branded which were also available for purchase. The polishing etc was also done with a mechanical polishing machine and the attachments like the polishing paper etc were also 3M branded. In all very professional work done.

The workshop is about 10000 sqft (I maybe wrong in exact dimensions). It had 5 work areas which has their individual set of tools. There is a separate washing area which is cordoned off with glass and plastic curtains. The office also has available 3M products on display for purchase. The people working had proper safety gear put on like breathing-mask and long boots etc.

This is not a must have feature in a workshop but it gives you a sense of purpose in a workshop. The parking is outside and the vehicles are brought in the workshop on a raising scissor-lift platform.

I got my car back at about 7.45 pm which was about 1 hour later than promised but the sore point was that nobody called me on giving an update on when to expect the delivary so I had to wait about an hour or so in the workshop itself. This is not a deal-breaker but it helps to plan out other activites better.

The bill was computerized , with TIN and VAT marked properly along with service tax. Total bill amounted to Rs6680 including taxes and quality of work was very good. I would recommend this workshop for detailing works. Since the costs and work which was to be done was told before hand so it is upto the individual to term it as costly or cheap.

While getting the work done on my car other cars which were in the workshop were Santro, Swift, Vento, Aria, Jaguar.

Contact person : Mr Yogesh Kularni / Mr Sachin Rao . Ph : 9272220111/91755400000

I have attaced a few photos which I could take in the work area.
Attached Thumbnails
Exterior & Interior Detailing : 3M Car Care (Apte Road, Pune)-photo0024.jpg  

Exterior & Interior Detailing : 3M Car Care (Apte Road, Pune)-photo0025.jpg  

Exterior & Interior Detailing : 3M Car Care (Apte Road, Pune)-photo0026.jpg  

Exterior & Interior Detailing : 3M Car Care (Apte Road, Pune)-photo0027.jpg  

Exterior & Interior Detailing : 3M Car Care (Apte Road, Pune)-photo0028.jpg  

Exterior & Interior Detailing : 3M Car Care (Apte Road, Pune)-photo0030.jpg  

Exterior & Interior Detailing : 3M Car Care (Apte Road, Pune)-photo0029.jpg  

vikrantj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 08:43   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Exterior & Interior Detailing : 3M Car Care (Apte Road, Pune)

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Team-BHP Directory. Thanks for sharing!
Old 31st December 2012, 12:41   #3
BHPian

3M Car Care is highly recommended . Though the rates might sound steep, they are worth every buck beause:

1) Work is done in a very very professional manner.
2) Quality of work is top notch.
3) Value for money in the packages offered is good.

I take my car to 3M at Pashan Baner link road for the Powershine package once every 6 months and they make my car shine like it's just rolled off from the factory.
Old 31st December 2012, 13:21   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
I chose "Interior GermKleen Plus" package which included works like upholstery cleaning , air con cleaning and anti bacterial treatment, dashboard and a 5-point cleaning program. More of this can be found on 3M site.
Thanks.
How exactly do they ensure that all bacterias in the AC plumbing (including the evaporator coil) are killed? When I asked a 3M guy at Hyundai service center, he told me they spray some magic into the AC vents that helps get rid of any smell and hence I should belive that all bacterias are killed. I asked him how the spray reaches all the pipes, passes the cabin air filter and reaches the evaporator coil and he did not have a clue...
Old 31st December 2012, 14:01   #5
BHPian

Hello vikrantj,

Congrats for your new car .

3M is getting a lot of popularity off late, thanks to the dedication with which they accomplish their jobs.

A friend of mine owns a Vento and he visits the 3M branch in Navi Mumbai every 6 months. All they charge is a 1000 bucks for a foam wash + claying + wax session and the car comes out sparkling clean!

I, for once, am mighty impressed by the positive feedback these guys have garnered off late. Time for me to try these guys out very soon.

Additionally, the 3M outlet in Mumbai (Andheri) provides a 5% discount for T-bhp members. Were you offered a similar cut in the final cost?
Old 31st December 2012, 14:42   #6
BHPian

Here is what 3M guys told me. They spray a foam like material which liquidizes on contact with air and is suck through the drain pipe.

No discounts . I did not ask , they did not offer

Last edited by vikrantj : 31st December 2012 at 14:44.
Old 2nd March 2015, 14:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
I bought my Linea in 2010 and after about 43800 Kms in 2.5 years it was time for a refresh by giving it an interior and exterior treatment.

Since I was more interested in a complete interior work-up I chose "Interior GermKleen Plus" package which included works like upholstery cleaning , air con cleaning and anti bacterial treatment, dashboard and a 5-point cleaning program
Thanks, vikrant! Preferred Apte Road outlet because it is closer to my office.

Mine is a 10 year old Palio. Has borne the brunt of Mumbai's torrential rain since the last three years, and deserved a full fledged interior treatment, which I got done last week.

Mr. Sachin attended to me. The interior job was 'GermKleen Plus' package. Now the car smells nice and the AC efficiency seems to have improved. Exterior was foam wash, which was OK.

Plus points - No waiting and work completed in time as indicated, no extra charges. Patiently attended to my queries. No tips to employees (Strictly NO says Mr. Sachin)

Minus points - People started turning up for work after 10.00AM (I was waiting there since 9.40 AM).

PS - Thanks to the rain last two days and a long drive, all the gloss and glitter got washed away :-(
vrprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks