Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2014, 11:19   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Interior Restoration - Color Glo (Ernakulam, Kerala)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
robi, can you please put up some close up pictures of the Laura after the treatment. This is godsent for guys who hate beige as much as I do.
He has posted a few snaps in the ownership log. Have a look.

Link
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 11:20   #32
BHPian

@deetjohn,
Thanks. I already checked with Karlsson and they expressed regret. This particular part is not in leather and has a "rubbery" feel to it, so putting a fresh piece may not match the rest of the door panel.
Old 27th June 2014, 11:29   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
How did they fix the cracks and holes in leather? Do they put a new piece in there?
It might be done with the leather flexible compound and dyeing using the specific color. There are leather restoration kits available abroad with these compounds and dye and other necessary tools.

eg:http://www.leathermagic.com/Pages/lthrrepkits.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontoo View Post
@deetjohn,
Thanks. I already checked with Karlsson and they expressed regret. This particular part is not in leather and has a "rubbery" feel to it, so putting a fresh piece may not match the rest of the door panel.
I think they backed off because its a repair work, it will be the same case with others too. Instead, get a heating gun for ~450/-and a same color stretchable rexin, you can DIY, its not a difficult task.

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 27th June 2014 at 11:36.
::CMS:: is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2014, 21:39   #34
Team-BHP Support

ColorGlo has opened a franchisee at Thrissur:

Interior Restoration - Color Glo (Ernakulam, Kerala)-colorglo-thrissur.jpg

Contact details: Sinesh Mohan - 9995099971

Source: Facebook

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th July 2014 at 21:48.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2015, 18:52   #35
BHPian

Any news on ColorGlo in Bangalore? Like many others, I too cannot find details about the Bangalore branch. From the little information we have about it on this thread, I can't even figure out if it exists here!

Why I ask is because I am considering changing my Polo's interior theme from the mainstream beige black to a sporty all black or red-black theme. As proximity is of utmost importance to us, a ColorGlo branch in Bangalore will be a god send.

Anyways, an address and contacts would be highly appreciated.
Old 4th December 2015, 17:09   #36
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Not sure where to ask this question but am hazarding it here.

Some infidel has left a small ball point pen mark on my passenger seat - (OEM real leather seat).

How can I get it off without harming the leather?

Trouble is that this happened possibly a few days ago at the service centre and I didn't notice till today.

I ve tried all sorts of things - plain hand soap, leather "cleaner" etc. No dice!

Any inputs will be appreciated!
Old 4th December 2015, 17:57   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Not sure where to ask this question but am hazarding it here.

Some infidel has left a small ball point pen mark on my passenger seat - (OEM real leather seat).

How can I get it off without harming the leather?
Have u tried rubbing it (mildly)with hand sanitizer. I used it to remove ball pen marks in past (fake leather seat covers)
Old 4th December 2015, 18:23   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
Have u tried rubbing it (mildly)with hand sanitizer. I used it to remove ball pen marks in past (fake leather seat covers)
ok sure. Will try but am terribly concerned that alcohol will burn through the leather fibres.
will attempt it in a small way and see...
Old 4th December 2015, 21:33   #39
BANNED

Oh help! What a bleeding mess! I tried the hand sanitiser and it has made things worse. There is an ugly black stain now where there was a mere streak of ink before.
I really have no idea now how to restore this car seat to its pristine glory.
Any ideas?
Old 4th December 2015, 23:40   #40
BHPian

Shankar.balan sorry to hear that. If the ink has spread there is a chance it could be wiped immediately with wet cloth (preferably microfiber). Again don't try this if you are not comfortable with the idea. In my case the method was very effective in removing ball pen marks (actually quite few caused by my daughter)
Old 5th December 2015, 17:42   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
Shankar.balan sorry to hear that. If the ink has spread there is a chance it could be wiped immediately with wet cloth (preferably microfiber). Again don't try this if you are not comfortable with the idea. In my case the method was very effective in removing ball pen marks (actually quite few caused by my daughter)

Im travelling right now. But when Im back Im going to try and smooth things over using wax based make up foundation pigment to remove the discolouration and then re-polish the seat perfectly. A spot of DIY but I think this is the only way out now.
Old 6th December 2015, 11:16   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Im travelling right now. But when Im back Im going to try and smooth things over using wax based make up foundation pigment to remove the discolouration and then re-polish the seat perfectly. A spot of DIY but I think this is the only way out now.
Colorglo can clean it up for you! Just check their Facebook page or website. These guys have a shop in Kochi and they have someone doing the work in Bangalore. They are really good.
https://www.facebook.com/Colorglokerala/?ref=ts&fref=ts
Regards,
The Rationalist.
Old 7th December 2015, 11:07   #43
BANNED

I bought a special fabric, vinyl and leather paint spray in sand beige. I intend to try this out on a small area to see if it works in removing the discolouration.
Also bought a couple of silver paint pens to look after minor scratches.
Lets see if these work. I will be very careful when using these.

Else, I will probably try the make up foundation and colour fastener and then polish.

Meantime, I have reached out to this Color Glo team. Lets see what they come up with.
Old 7th December 2015, 12:56   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I bought a special fabric, vinyl and leather paint spray in sand beige. I intend to try this out on a small area to see if it works in removing the discolouration.
Also bought a couple of silver paint pens to look after minor scratches.
Lets see if these work. I will be very careful when using these.
Since you have put this on the 3M thread, did you try going to them and asking them to remove?

Rather than trying such home remedies and some spray for leather, the 3M guys do this sort of stuff daily. They have a leather cleaner/shampoo which they use to clean the leather and rejuvenate it back to being supple leather.
Old 8th December 2015, 13:16   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Since you have put this on the 3M thread, did you try going to them and asking them to remove?

Rather than trying such home remedies and some spray for leather, the 3M guys do this sort of stuff daily. They have a leather cleaner/shampoo which they use to clean the leather and rejuvenate it back to being supple leather.
I had no idea where else to ask this question.
The actual problem is to remove the discolouration - else the seats are polished with leather polish and solution every month or so, so they are nice and supple and well maintained except for this self inflicted discolouration which I want a remedy for. 3M can't do that for me for sure.

Ive gotten in touch with that Color Glo from Kerala and they are supposed to revert if they can serve me in bangalore...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks