Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2020, 15:05   #16
BHPian

Re: Paintless Dent Removal - Sudhir Gaikwad (Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewper View Post
I have used his services as well. I had a dent on the front fender and I got it removed through him. He charged me 1200 bucks for something that took him less than 40 mins to finish.

But heres the thing, the job is never perfect. undoing a dent leaves certain undulations on the surface, which is noticeable from some angles. I have lived with it a couple of years, but it annoys me whenever I notice it. and but now I have decided to get the panel repainted from my FNG. My FNG charges 2500 bucks per panel and if you think about it, I should have done that in the first place.

Given that repainting a panel involved all the putty work and sanding, repainting and clear coat, which means a lot of work, Mr. Sudhirs work doesnt seem to be value for money, given the result it achieves.
Well, that's subjective. The surfaces of my car don't have any undulations, it looks as if nothing had ever happened. All 4 dents. I'm sure this depends on which area the dent was on and the metal quality. I wouldn't want to give my car away to a garage when I have this option, which for me, was flawless.
DeKay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 13:14   #17
BHPian

Re: Paintless Dent Removal - Sudhir Gaikwad (Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Well, that's subjective. The surfaces of my car don't have any undulations, it looks as if nothing had ever happened. All 4 dents. I'm sure this depends on which area the dent was on and the metal quality. I wouldn't want to give my car away to a garage when I have this option, which for me, was flawless.
So, I would say its a hit or a miss, with success being more probable. Mine was on the fender, which is pretty thick on the Sx4. Posting the pics, hope its visible enough to make out.

Paintless Dent Removal - Sudhir Gaikwad (Pune)-img_20201212_154311.jpg

Paintless Dent Removal - Sudhir Gaikwad (Pune)-img_20201212_154324.jpg

Most Viewed