Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2010, 23:39   #61
BHPian

re: Sagar Auto Care - Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
The engine wash is fine as long as the person washing the car knows what to avoid. They cover the ECU box with plastic before wash, & even though they use a pressure wash, it's more of sprinkling than directed pressured water towards the engine bay. Overall, if you closely notice, they will not literally wash the entire engine bay, only area's which have caught grime, like the cylinder heads (oil & dirt mixture).The rest just takes a sprinkle to wash off the dust.
, its absolutely the same as you said, engine wash is more of a sprinkle rather than complete water pressure wash.
Old 4th January 2011, 01:20   #62
BHPian

Guys wasnt able to find Madhu automobiles in wanowrie or salunke vihar, where is it exactly, any landmarks?. Took my car to the garage opposite Sacred heart society, they did a decent job also used some waxpol polish for the interior plastics and charged Rs 250 for the job. But seems like it will attract dust over time.
Old 4th January 2011, 12:22   #63
BHPian

Chief, this is on the road where Archana wines, Patel's mutton shop, Reliance food outlet is located, a bit ahead of that. You will not miss it if you go up that road, it's bang on the left hand side. Call Ashwin if you still can't locate it.

And you must've got your car washed from the sardar guy (forget the name) opposite Sacred Heart, right? He's a downright crook, had a really bad experience with him. Never, ever leave your car overnight with that fellow, he has swapped good parts off my Palio & fleeced me when I got some body work done from him. It's your call if you want to try & test his work ethics. He has done this with a lot of unsuspecting customers.

Last edited by mb_jg : 4th January 2011 at 12:30.
Old 10th January 2011, 12:11   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead666 View Post
Guys wasnt able to find Madhu automobiles in wanowrie or salunke vihar, where is it exactly, any landmarks?. Took my car to the garage opposite Sacred heart society, they did a decent job also used some waxpol polish for the interior plastics and charged Rs 250 for the job. But seems like it will attract dust over time.
Find Badhai Sweets on your right side when coming from Reliance Fresh towards Salunkhe vihar. Go a little further, maybe 50 mtrs, and look on your left for a whole lot of cars parked. You can't miss Madhu Motors!

@ mg_jg : Have you tried the car spa guy in the lane opposite dorabjee paradise? its opposite a Sleep Ins outlet? I have had my interiors done there and i must say the owner is a nice and helpful guy.
Old 10th January 2011, 12:20   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Total time taken for car wash : 01 hour
Result : Interiors are dust free, car under body/exterior wash is to my satisfaction, engine bay is shining
Amount : 250/- + tip to the guy who washed my car

Here in South Mumbai it is 500/- for a wash. Pune and Bangalore are way cheaper.. I suppose it reflects reality rates
Old 10th January 2011, 13:00   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
Find Badhai Sweets on your right side when coming from Reliance Fresh towards Salunkhe vihar. Go a little further, maybe 50 mtrs, and look on your left for a whole lot of cars parked. You can't miss Madhu Motors!

@ mg_jg : Have you tried the car spa guy in the lane opposite dorabjee paradise? its opposite a Sleep Ins outlet? I have had my interiors done there and i must say the owner is a nice and helpful guy.
I know that place, I live at Runwal Daffodils, but never tried him, cause I always get my cars done at Madhu. I will try their services once though.
Old 10th January 2011, 22:48   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
, its absolutely the same as you said, engine wash is more of a sprinkle rather than complete water pressure wash.
Maruti Care Point @ Shivajinagar charges around 200-250 for exterior + interior cleaning.
I have seen the boys washing and here are my observations:
1. They use some soap - no kerosene - and it works quite well on stains.
2. They use a water pressure jet for the engine bay as well - I can see lot of smoke coming out since the engine is suddenly being cooled.

Overall, washing is good.
Old 12th June 2011, 21:56   #68
BHPian

Re: Sagar Auto Care - Pune

OK Punekars, here is an update on a car wash center I visited today -
  • Air pressure to clean interiors
  • Interiors vacuum cleaned as per my satisfaction - carpet, seats, dicky, doors/bottle holders/all type of place holders in and around the hand brake area
  • Car washed with shampoo and a soft cloth twice using pressure water wash
  • Car underbody washed with high pressure water ( I was able to provide instructions to the guys )
    *** I specifically asked not to wash the engine bay, otherwise they wash it with shampoo and then water pressure wash and finally pressure air wash to dry the engine bay***
  • Car dried (multiple people engaged in this process)
  • Interiors cleaned - door pads, dashboard, door edges
  • Door edges dried - I had to provide instructions here again to make sure they remove any excess water from the door edges
  • Tire polished (motomax)
  • Rubber parts (exteriors) polished

Total time taken - 90 mins. including a ~ 20mins. spell of heavy rain, where the cleaning process has to be stopped, that also includes preparing job card/gate pass and I was 2nd in queue

Price - 100/- (+ tip to the guys who cleaned my car), now, this one to me is the cheapest I am charged till date in Pune.

- The guy cleaning my car asked me : Sir, please let me know if you are not satisfied, I`ll clean/wash it once again
- Finally, while leaving the shop, I was handed over a box of car tissues - I don't know why and I didn't ask for it, may be to retain customer

Dislikes -

- while vacuuming the spare wheel area, the guy (seems a fresher) vacuumed it so diligently that he ended up the strap (used to tie the tool box with the spare wheel) sucked up by the vacuum cleaner. I made him open the big vacuum cleaner to find the plastic strap, but couldn't find it and moreover the interiors of the v. cleaner was so dirty I thought of getting another one plastic tape sort of thing to tie the tool box with the spare wheel so that it doesn't make any noise while driving.

- even though the setup is quite good, but people over there are very slow (read lack of process/proper coordination) and it is always better to supervise the entire process to be satisfied

Last edited by AvonA7 : 12th June 2011 at 22:06.
AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2011, 22:10   #69
BHPian

Quote:
OK Punekars, here is an update on a car wash center I visited today -
  • Air pressure to clean interiors
  • Interiors vacuum cleaned as per my satisfaction - carpet, seats, dicky, doors/bottle holders/all type of place holders in and around the hand brake area
  • Car washed with shampoo and a soft cloth twice using pressure water wash
  • Car underbody washed with high pressure water ( I was able to provide instructions to the guys )
    *** I specifically asked not to wash the engine bay, otherwise they wash it with shampoo and then water pressure wash and finally pressure air wash to dry the engine bay***
  • Car dried (multiple people engaged in this process)
  • Interiors cleaned - door pads, dashboard, door edges
  • Door edges dried - I had to provide instructions here again to make sure they remove any excess water from the door edges
  • Tire polished (motomax)
  • Rubber parts (exteriors) polished
Total time taken - 90 mins. including a ~ 20mins. spell of heavy rain, where the cleaning process has to be stopped, that also includes preparing job card/gate pass and I was 2nd in queue

Price - 100/- (+ tip to the guys who cleaned my car), now, this one to me is the cheapest I am charged till date in Pune.

- The guy cleaning my car asked me : Sir, please let me know if you are not satisfied, I`ll clean/wash it once again
- Finally, while leaving the shop, I was handed over a box of car tissues - I don't know why and I didn't ask for it, may be to retain customer

Dislikes -

- while vacuuming the spare wheel area, the guy (seems a fresher) vacuumed it so diligently that he ended up the strap (used to tie the tool box with the spare wheel) sucked up by the vacuum cleaner. I made him open the big vacuum cleaner to find the plastic strap, but couldn't find it and moreover the interiors of the v. cleaner was so dirty I thought of getting another one plastic tape sort of thing to tie the tool box with the spare wheel so that it doesn't make any noise while driving.

- even though the setup is quite good, but people over there are very slow (read lack of process/proper coordination) and it is always better to supervise the entire process to be satisfied
@AvonA7 : The review is pretty detailed , the one detail you missed though was the name and location of the place
Old 13th June 2011, 10:49   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

That is incredibly cheap. The standard rate is around 250-300 Rs. Which car was it?
Old 13th June 2011, 12:20   #71
Senior - BHPian

AvonA7: Thats really cheap! I pay my guy around 250 for the details you've mentioned. By the looks of what you've written, you seem to be pretty satisfied.
Now, mind letting us know the name and location of this place? .
Old 13th June 2011, 12:57   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
@AvonA7 : The review is pretty detailed , the one detail you missed though was the name and location of the place
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
That is incredibly cheap. The standard rate is around 250-300 Rs. Which car was it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Going purely by the price I am assuming he got it done at the Yerwada jail washing center. Its run by the jail authorities from Yerwada and the car washers are prison inmates. I used to get my car washed there very often. A tip would go a long way to get special attention. They charge Rs. 100/- for a car and Rs. 30/- for a bike.
They are located at the Red marking in the map below:

Sagar Auto Care - Pune-yerjailwash.jpg

If not, we need to know this place AvonA7.

Last edited by moralfibre : 13th June 2011 at 13:01.
moralfibre is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 13:09   #73
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Going purely by the price I am assuming he got it done at the Yerwada jail washing center. Its run by the jail authorities from Yerwada and the car washers are prison inmates.
Wow, thats neat. Never knew that such a place existed right next to my nose. I travel on that road literally everyday, never noticed a car wash. Thanks for the info, @Moralfibre

Quote:
Yes, please do.
Old 13th June 2011, 20:17   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Polo

Quote:
Going purely by the price I am assuming he got it done at the Yerwada jail washing center.
Thanks @moralfibre for the info of this place.

Quote:
AvonA7: Thats really cheap! I pay my guy around 250 for the details you've mentioned. By the looks of what you've written, you seem to be pretty satisfied.
Yes, Swanand, I am satisfied with the cleaning/washing especially for the price paid.
More so, because I went for only interior vaccuming and then came to know that includes car washing too

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Apologies for missing out on the location details in my first post, here it is :

Carnation at Hadapsar.
While coming from Racecourse side, come straight towards Hadapsar and take the 1st left just after crossing Croma.
Continue straight, cross the railway crossing, go straight for another 150 mtr and take the left hand side road, another 50 mtr and on the RHS one can notice Carnation. Its ~ 500 mtrs from Croma.

Hope this helps -
Sagar Auto Care - Pune-tbhp2.jpg

In case anybody is interested, I was given a booklet (cheque book like) where there are many discount coupons with discounts in the range of 2 - 100% on their services/purchase etc from their hub. Please note, I cannot comment on the quality of their workshop on these discount oriented services as I never used any of their services apart from car cleaning/washing.
AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 20:42   #75
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Carnation at Hadapsar.
While coming from Racecourse side, come straight towards Hadapsar and take the 1st left just after crossing Croma.
Continue straight, cross the railway crossing, go straight for another 150 mtr and take the left hand side road, another 50 mtr and on the RHS one can notice Carnation. Its ~ 500 mtrs from Croma.
Thanks for name and the map. How did you ever find this place. Anyways, it is pretty near my place of work, might just go down one of these days when it not raining and check it out. Do they have any other kind of services, like selling accessories?
dot is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks