Old 2nd June 2010, 15:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

Galaxy Car Accessories (Cochin)

Products sold:
  • Car audio/video head units, speakers, amplifiers etc
  • Alloys for Cars and SUVs
  • Sun Films
  • Seat covers
  • Light bulbs, relays, Horn, bling & assorted accessories.
Authorised Distributors for:
  • Kicker
  • MTX
  • Auditor
  • Focal
  • Morel
  • Streetwires
  • Dynamat
Services offered:
VFM to high end ICE installation, with custom enclosures if required. Also does regular accessory installations.

Pricing:Reasonable

What I like:
  • Behaviour of owner and works-man
  • Decent installation quality
  • Number of workmen
  • Choices in audio equipment.
  • Space to do 3 to 4 cars at a time without causing major inconvenience.
What I didn't like:
  • Bit crowded from morning; you need to reach early. Maybe it was due to Saturday being a weekend.
  • Next to nil comfortable waiting lounge for customers.
  • Workmen sometimes need a bit of supervision to keep intact the attention to detail.
Speciality / USP:
Value for money ICE installation at a decent price point. Guys doing the installation work knows their stuff, so muck ups are avoided.

What I have bought from him:
Pair of Auditor RIP 6" Compos, pair of Auditor 6" co-ax, Amplifier power kit, RCA cables, speaker wires, damping, A-Star dash trim kit.

Contact information:
Contact Person: Muneem
Mobile Phone#: +91 9846 911666
Galaxy Auto Accessories,
Mamangalam, Cochin

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th June 2010 at 18:18. Reason: As per reported post.
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:16   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Sankar:

I have seen this shop. Guess it's right opp the Modern bread factory.
Do they have aftermarket Swift accessories like HIDs, LED tails lights, Sports Bumpers etc
Old 4th June 2010, 03:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

THe one right opposite Modern bread is General Motor Works car accesseries shop. Stay away from them.

Two thumps up for galaxy. good folks, understanding, and they have a good selection of second hand Head units.
Old 4th June 2010, 09:52   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
THe one right opposite Modern bread is General Motor Works car accesseries shop. Stay away from them.

Two thumps up for galaxy. good folks, understanding, and they have a good selection of second hand Head units.
Do they have Swift accessories? LED tail lights etc?
Old 5th June 2010, 13:32   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post

General Motor Works is a fairly decent shop although there are not too much of options. That shop caters to the budget-conscious buyer which is the majority !
Old 21st June 2010, 23:51   #6
BHPian

I second Govi, General Motor Works sucks, they were really on the higher side when I checked alloys once.
Old 28th December 2012, 18:25   #7
BHPian

Re: Galaxy Car Accessories (Cochin)

I did my ICE upgrade yesterday at Galaxy. It was a pleasant experience. They helped me with my selection, and the price also seemed reasonable.
They now have a place for the customers to wait. An A/C lounge which is arranged along with the accessories showroom, which is in the first floor.
I could see a bunch of premium accessories also there.
The ground floor is entirely used for parking cars for installation.
It is better to call them in advance and visit, as the place is always full of customers.

Last edited by abhilash_iv : 28th December 2012 at 18:26.
abhilash_iv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2015, 11:41   #8
BHPian

Does this place offer projector retrofits for headlights?
Old 13th August 2016, 22:27   #9
BHPian

The ICE install for my Fiesta was done at Galaxy almost 5 years back. And I still love the sound quality. I revisited them today, just a casual visit. The shop has been redone with a waiting area on top and now there are quite a lot of high end stuff to pick from them now. I got myself a set of coozoo frameless wiper blades. I like the coozoo blades, they are VFM and lasts better then Bosch (which hardly lasts an year with me). Coozoo lasted well over 18 months. They still had life in them.
Old 9th March 2020, 18:32   #10
BHPian

Not a great shop for mods. I have a Honda Jazz, and since my Digipad 2.0 had bugs while using apple carplay. I went there and explained my problem as articulately as I could. They assured a full solution, and that they wouldn't tamper with the car's original wiring. None of that happened, and I realized that they had not much knowledge about my car model. They were doing many tasks by trial and error. They cut my car's original rear camera wiring. The JVC head unit they sold me for 22k was selling for 17k on amazon. So not that economical either.
ajeeshonly is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 21:04   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeeshonly View Post
Not a great shop for mods. I have a Honda Jazz, and since my Digipad 2.0 had bugs while using apple carplay. I went there and explained my problem as articulately as I could. They assured a full solution, and that they wouldn't tamper with the car's original wiring. None of that happened, and I realized that they had not much knowledge about my car model. They were doing many tasks by trial and error. They cut my car's original rear camera wiring. The JVC head unit they sold me for 22k was selling for 17k on amazon. So not that economical either.
Incidentally, I too own a Honda Jazz that I had taken to them for an audio upgrade. Your experience is similar to mine. Here is a post detailing my audio upgrade and subsequent issues, it took them a whole day to do a simple installation and I was there for most of the time. Link. (ICE upgrade : Honda Jazz) I should have posted it here to help other members, somehow I missed cross linking to this thread.

One thing I forgot to mention in my post is that the JVC unit that they said would work perfectly, wasnt able to work properly during the install and mid way they switched to a Pioneer head unit which was my second choice. Also, I have to say this again, their "post installation tuning" was absolutely terrible. It made the entire system sound like an OEM audio system. Imagine spending a packet and listening to the final output in such a situation after having spent a whole day waiting for them to do an easy install. My blood still boils when I think about it. In a way it was a blessing in disguise, because it forced me to learn some of the technical aspects of audio tuning and I was able to set it up properly myself.

Also, they had near zero interest in fixing the whine and identifying issues with the install - one was from the old amplifier that I paid them to get fixed and two, the window auto roll up and roll down issue which still exists in my car. They were more interested in working on new installs in other cars.
neil.jericho is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 11:46   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

muneemmk, since you werent active on the forum from 2015 to 2020, I was under the belief that you have moved on from here. Hence I did not make any effort to DM you.

The issue of the window roll up and roll down which cropped up during the installation still exists on my car. When I showed it to the team, they called some contacts over the phone and tried doing something but the problem could not be fixed.

Why dont you DM me your contact number and I will contact you to see how this can be fixed by your team.
Old 11th January 2021, 13:06   #13
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Why dont you DM me your contact number and I will contact you to see how this can be fixed by your team.
I believe the number mentioned in the opening post still holds good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks