Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2011, 10:08   #16
BHPian

Re: Wheels & Tyres : Pitstop (Cochin)

I'm never going to New Bharath Pitstop again. Went there last year to replace tyres for my OHC. I was taken upstairs by the sales guy and shown all the brands available for my requirement. Settled on Yoko S-drives. But when I asked them for the final price quote for the set, they kept beating about the bush and kept saying "saar we will adjust the final price for you after we have put on the tyres on your car" Walked out of there that instant.
Games Goblin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2011, 10:37   #17
BHPian

I also had a not so happy experience with them but I had no options because the tyres of my choice were available only with them.

But the place seems to be packed at all times.
Old 14th June 2011, 10:07   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
I also had a not so happy experience with them but I had no options because the tyres of my choice were available only with them.

But the place seems to be packed at all times.
True. Even I had to settle there since they gave me the best price. I had checked with all major tyre dealers in cochin and they gave a reasonable deal (to my surprise). But that was it. Never been there after that. They are bad when it comes to customer management.

Even am surprised to see them packed always.
Old 29th November 2012, 10:30   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
But that was it. Never been there after that. They are bad when it comes to customer management.

Even am surprised to see them packed always.
Not to offend you naveen, but my experience with Pitstop went like a charm.

It was a week ago that i really had to find some time out of my office since all the four tires on my '07 Verna had done their best effort for a life time and they were literally begging for a retirement.

Had to find a dealer in town who would club the best deal plus good service for me, so i visited Global tires near to Platino Classic and then Tyrex opp. Holiday. Honestly i wasn't happy with the service guys at Tyrex, attitude of boys at the place told me i should never ever visit this place again. Seems they only deal with expensive up sizing, alloys and stuffs and for an average user like me who just needed another stock size replacement weren't their cup of tea.

Whatever, Although Pre-sales was ok at Global Tires i just dropped in myself at Pitstop to cross check the prices. Oh boy! i was greeted pretty well by the executive at Pitstop, he made me comfortable at their customer lounge, explained to me about different treads and the pluses and minuses. When i told him i'm not for anything fancy and i need only the OE size, he suggested me Accelere. Now i started to show a little bit of my negotiation tactics and the discussions escalated towards their management.

Finally they gave me the best deal that i could have never managed from anywhere else (could actually P.M anyone if you need the pricing). I didn't have to bargain for the alignment, balancing, nitrogen etc. they gave me a better off on the same pro actively actually. Talk about the service, it was a pleasure. By the time i had a coffee and finished a couple of calls the job was almost done. I just went up to the service guys when alignment was done and the guys there were pretty happy in explaining the alignment procedure to me. The supervisor was monitoring and advising the service guys during each and every step of their activity.

It's been a week now that i've changed my tires and just felt today that i should write about my experience here. Maybe someone else who is looking for tires or alloys could definitely be benefited reading my post. I would strongly recommend Pitstop to any of my friends, anytime!
MercLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 10:41   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercLover View Post
Not to offend you naveen, but my experience with Pitstop went like a charm.
Thanks for updating the current status. The reason why I went there was that they gave the best price. Imagine getting Yokohama S Drives for less than 4k.

I was generally talking about their attitude when it comes to just alignment. Noticed this many times. They treated well when you go for changing tyres, but wont get the same satisfaction when you go for alignment alone.

I'm also planning to get their quote this time. My car needs new shoes. Let's see how much they will quote for S drives this time.
Old 16th August 2013, 00:16   #21
BHPian

While I was in TVM last time (about 4 months back), I went to New Bharath , near chakka for a puncture repair. I was not sure if it was a puncture, but there was some air leakage which used to happen in 15-20 days. I was asked to pay INR 200 in advance and show the receipt to their personal to do the checking and work on it. If there is any excess charges, they will ask for the rest of the payment too. I was not ready to do it so told them to first check out if there really is a puncture and they just made me wait, wait and wait. Finally I walked out without even caring to tell them . Their customer service and attitude is poor and a huge dampener but tyre prices were very competitive when compared to the ones in Bangalore. Iam not sure if it is due to some lesser state taxes in kerala than Karnataka.
shinuak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 17:46   #22
BHPian

Had posted this in another thread but since this seems more suited, here goes. While topping up my tyre pressure, between 3 to 5 psi of air was added to each tyre that was earlier filled with nitrogen. I have been subsequently told that I would need to deflate all tyres fully and then refill them with nitrogen if I wished to enjoy the benefits of driving on nitrogen filled tyres. Can someone enlighten me on this? Thank you.
Old 15th September 2013, 12:20   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramases6 View Post
Had posted this in another thread but since this seems more suited, here goes. While topping up my tyre pressure, between 3 to 5 psi of air was added to each tyre that was earlier filled with nitrogen. I have been subsequently told that I would need to deflate all tyres fully and then refill them with nitrogen if I wished to enjoy the benefits of driving on nitrogen filled tyres. Can someone enlighten me on this? Thank you.
No need to deflate fully. Just deflate as much as you need.
Old 15th September 2013, 12:33   #24
BHPian

The point is that if air is added to a nitrogen filled tyre,you lose the benefit of riding on nitrogen.Its either pure nitrogen or riding on air,no matter what the mix ratio may be. Am wondering if its true or if there is a logical explanation to that. Regards
Old 22nd September 2013, 11:32   #25
BHPian

Never ever visit New Bharath Tyres or Tyrex in Kollam. I have had bad experiences with both of them.

I would suggest Jacob Tyres near Mulamkadakom on NH47. They offer excellent service.
Old 5th March 2015, 14:15   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharoncr_17 View Post
Never ever visit New Bharath Tyres or Tyrex in Kollam. I have had bad experiences with both of them.

I would suggest Jacob Tyres near Mulamkadakom on NH47. They offer excellent service.
BHPians never risk on New Bharat. I had goen there earlier with my indica for new tyres.

They have a new set of trainees working with them now, They topped my nitrogen filled tyres on my ecosport with normal air and the person in charge seemed to know everything but was totally ignorant in terms of Air Refill etc. They even took my stock wheelcaps to some used caps from their own garage bin.

Their wheel alignement and balancing are a bit expensive compared to others
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks