Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2010, 15:05   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Wheels & Tyres : Pitstop (Cochin)

What I Like
They have a huge variety of alloys and tyres

What I Don't Like
Prepare to spend the whole day there - a Big disadvantage. Customer Management is really poor.

Services Offered:
Wheel balancing, Alignment, Nitrogen filling (50 per tyre, top up- 50 for 4 tyres)

Address
NEW BHARATH TYRES INDIA PVT. LTD
PITSTOP Junction
NH 47, Byepass Road , ( PALARIVATTOM - VYTTILA BYEPASS ROAD)
ERNAKULAM
Tel : 0484-2803909, 2803979

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th June 2010 at 18:29. Reason: Applying suggested format.
Old 2nd June 2010, 15:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
They have a huge variety of alloys and tyres - a Big advantage.
Prepare to spend the whole day there - a Big disadvantage. Customer Management is really poor.

Services Offered:
Wheel balancing, Alignment, Nitrogen filling (50 per tyre, top up- 50 for 4 tyres)

NEW BHARATH TYRES INDIA PVT. LTD

PITSTOP Junction
NH 47, Byepass Road , ( PALARIVATTOM - VYTTILA BYEPASS ROAD)
ERNAKULAM
Tel : 0484-2803909, 2803979
So customer service is an issue with bharath shops everywhere

Pramod
Old 2nd June 2010, 21:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
So customer service is an issue with bharath shops everywhere

Pramod
TVM is better now I guess. Think the lady left or got replaced!

Its run be relatives of same family.
Old 3rd June 2010, 00:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

I have had bad experience with pitstop. after taking the car for alignment, the car started wobbling after 100kmph. I took it back to them the next day and they refused to redo the balancing. I had to take it to a different shop to get it done properly. wasted about 300-400 rs. never going back to them again.
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:07   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I have had bad experience with pitstop. after taking the car for alignment, the car started wobbling after 100kmph. I took it back to them the next day and they refused to redo the balancing. I had to take it to a different shop to get it done properly. wasted about 300-400 rs. never going back to them again.
I dont recommend Pitstop for Wheel Balancing/alignment. Am going to try TyreX next time. Looks good.
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:07   #6
BHPian

The new Bharath shop in Trivandrum was much better than the pitstop in Cochin, even though the choices are limited at Trivandrum. As JK said the two shops are run by two brothers as far as I know.
Old 4th June 2010, 11:39   #7
BHPian

Pitstop would be my last stop for car accessories!
Though I haven't experienced their service first hand, I've heard of their poor business ethics (don't want to elaborate the incident here) from a close friend who has experienced it. So if that's how the go about doing business, then I can understand how they'll treat customers!
Old 4th June 2010, 12:13   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
The new Bharath shop in Trivandrum was much better than the pitstop in Cochin, even though the choices are limited at Trivandrum. As JK said the two shops are run by two brothers as far as I know.
There are actually three brothers. One in Kollam, one in Cochin and one in TVM.
Old 4th June 2010, 12:42   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjabraham View Post
Though I haven't experienced their service first hand, I've heard of their poor business ethics (don't want to elaborate the incident here) from a close friend who has experienced it. So if that's how the go about doing business, then I can understand how they'll treat customers!
True:

I have experienced this many times. So decided to push off to some other place next time. I still wonder how come people throng the place even though I see people shouting each time I go there.
Old 6th June 2010, 14:27   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjabraham View Post
Amen to that.For one they always exaggerate. Business ethics isnt anything to write home about. But the guy is defy selling a lot of tyres.

I was quoted 70000 for a set of 4 alloys.Seemed it was a slightly used Merc alloys. On telling them I was serious, they suddenly bought down the price to 30000!!!

Last edited by ronin : 6th June 2010 at 14:30.
Old 24th June 2010, 09:58   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
TVM is better now I guess. Think the lady left or got replaced!

Its run be relatives of same family.

The lady is back, i went there 2 days back for a punture repair and i saw her, I went inside and said

Me: My wheel is flat have it checked
She: Which car
Me: Lancer
She: 100 Bucks
Me: you havent even checked the car
She: you have to pay in advance
Me: how do you know it will be 100? it can be multiple punctures
She: 100 is just for removing and inspecting, the guy will tell me the final cost and i will bill accordingly
Me:

Pramod
Old 21st October 2010, 17:04   #12
BHPian

My brother was trying to get Continental CPC2s for SX4 ZXi today at Pitstop. The rate quoted to him was 7350 per tyre. He asked them many times whether the tyre is new or not and they said its the latest stock. He finally took a look himself and found out that the tyres were 2008 manufactured. Next thing, my brother just walked out. Its just PATHETIC. Thanks to a thread on how to read the manufacturing date of tyres on T-Bhp, otherwise he would have ended buying it from this shameless dealer!
Old 21st October 2010, 21:15   #13
Senior - BHPian

The customer is never cared for there, perhaps due to natural arrogance that creeps in when sales increases. I experienced all the bad mentioned in the posts that day when I purchased two Michelin XM 1+ two weeks back. Prior to that I telephoned the shop of the same name near Kacheripadi and the response was worse than lukewarm. Tyrex opposite to the Pitstop was very good on customer friendliness and they are open 24X7. But unfortunately Michelin 155x70x12 was not in stock then and I had to buy it from Pitstop.

The Tyrex sales persons were professionals whereas the Pitstop sales guys were like highway side morons.

Last edited by rajeev k : 21st October 2010 at 21:17.
Old 23rd October 2010, 19:12   #14
BANNED

Should this thread be renamed "New Bharath Tyres - Pitstop" or it will create confusion since there is another dealer with the same name.
Old 9th November 2010, 20:50   #15
BHPian

Unlike what every one has posted, I got a very good customer service from New Bharath.

I wanted new tires for my M800. Global Tires had only 3 pieces for the size I was looking for, TyreX did not have any. So as a last stop went to New Bharath. I was greeted by a young lady who took me upstairs where they stock the tires. I was asked to take seat and one of the guys enquired what I was looking for. Then another person who I think is the owner came up and asked me about my requirement. He and another assistant rummaged through the tire stocks and finally said they don't have the size. The owner then called up the other show rooms in Kacheripady and Panampilly Nagar and found out that there is one tire left in Panampilly Nagar showroom. I then went to Panampilly Nagar showroom and got the tire.

Later I learnt that the tire was an old stock and he charged me the price of a new tire . But in terms of customer service, I got a very good service from New Bharath.

- Jose.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks