Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2016, 09:42   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Lokmanya Tyres (Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
Plan to check out Lokmanya in the next few days.
I think Amit was referring to Shivshambo tyres when he referred to good collection of motorcycle tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post
One more thing to note is that has a very good collection of motorcycle tyres.
Quote:
Shivshambo tyres GangaDham chowk Bibwewadi, Market yard:

Professional work done knows his job well. Showed me manufacturing tyre date before fitment. Has good facilities and space available. Location is not traffic prone like Lokmanya.
Owner not as courteous and knowledgeable like Lokmanya but was ok and better than many other shops.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 16:10   #62
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 27th May 2016 at 13:53.
scarecrow is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th October 2016, 11:00   #63
BHPian

10 days ago I got my Polo tyres changed at Lokmanya Tyres.

I got fitted Michelin XM2 tyres. I was charged Rs. 5000 per tyre that included Italian valve, filling of nitrogen and balancing, cost of weights extra.

Whole job was very professionally done. During inquiry Ashish Kulkarni, the owner, gave me quote for all the brands he had and also explained differences in performance of different brands and when he learnt that I do not drive more on highways than city he recommended Michelin.

After fitting the tyres difference was very much felt. and after alignment the ride further improved.

Last edited by navin : 18th October 2016 at 11:13. Reason: spelling - nitrogen
Old 30th November 2016, 12:04   #64
Senior - BHPian

Are there any trusted "puncture waalaas" in the Kothrud/Bavdhan area ? I removed a nail from the tyre and have fixed the spare, and dont really want to get ripped off to the tune of thousands of rupees while getting the puncture fixed. The tyre is nearly new, with just 820 KMs on it, so dont want anyone poking their sharp thingies into it more than necessary either, weakening the sidewall.
Old 30th November 2016, 12:26   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Are there any trusted "puncture waalaas" in the Kothrud/Bavdhan area ? I removed a nail from the tyre and have fixed the spare, and dont really want to get ripped off to the tune of thousands of rupees while getting the puncture fixed. The tyre is nearly new, with just 820 KMs on it, so dont want anyone poking their sharp thingies into it more than necessary either, weakening the sidewall.
Ojas the guy outside Shindewadi petrol pump in Bavdhan (opp Maratha Mandir) is quite OK. Not very high tech but seems to do the job honestly. You can try him.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 13:01   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Are there any trusted "puncture waalaas" in the Kothrud/Bavdhan area ?
There is a shop by the name Kulkarni Tyre Center (that's the name I think) near Paud Phata and also a little ahead of Krishna Hospital. Excellent service and honest work. Haven't taken my cars/bikes to anyone else for the last 6-7 years. Also fill air from them regularly.

They have a air filling machine that is German-made and it's calibration/accuracy is incredible.

Last edited by AbhisheKulkarni : 30th November 2016 at 13:03.
AbhisheKulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 13:09   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Ojas the guy outside Shindewadi petrol pump in Bavdhan (opp Maratha Mandir) is quite OK. Not very high tech but seems to do the job honestly. You can try him.
Thanks, been filling my two wheelers regularly from him, he is a hard working fellow indeed, opens up before 7 AM and stays open atleast till 10 pm. Lots of cabs use his services as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhisheKulkarni View Post
There is a shop by the name Kulkarni Tyre Center (that's the name I think) near Paud Phata and also a little ahead of Krishna Hospital. Excellent service and honest work.
I thought the tyre shop near Krishna was replaced by a cycle store! Will check, thank you Abhishek!
Old 30th November 2016, 13:48   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhisheKulkarni View Post
There is a shop by the name Kulkarni Tyre Center (that's the name I think) near Paud Phata and also a little ahead of Krishna Hospital.
Paud phata outlet is next to Laxmi batteries (turn right at ARAI corner traffic signal). Their other outlet is near Jeet maidan, Paramhansa nagar.

Quote:
Are there any trusted "puncture waalaas" in the Kothrud/Bavdhan area ? I removed a nail from the tyre and have fixed the spare
On different lines, if you have marked area where nail pierced the tyre, why not do a DIY puncture fix? I can come over this weekend to fix it (We haven't met after you have come back).
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 13:50   #69
BHPian

Quote:
I thought the tyre shop near Krishna was replaced by a cycle store! Will check, thank you Abhishek!
They have air filling there for sure. And I also saw lots of tyres placed outside the shop suggesting that they also cater to puncture repairs/tyre replacements.

However, the one near Paud Phata would be the best option as they also have an active elevated ramp for the car, thus eliminating the need for jacks to be used.
AbhisheKulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 17:46   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
- 2.5% extra charge for credit cards - This for me was the BIGGEST con. Tyre change is a high value transaction and I am uncomfortable carrying large amount of cash.
Has anyone visited Lokmanya recently ? My friend wishes to get tyres on his 65k run i20 changed to XM2s (only the rear 2) , and cannot pay him in cash. Do they offer the same prices for card payments now ?
Old 17th December 2016, 23:26   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone visited Lokmanya recently ? My friend wishes to get tyres on his 65k run i20 changed to XM2s (only the rear 2) , and cannot pay him in cash. Do they offer the same prices for card payments now ?
I doubt if they have started accepting card payments even after demonetization. However they do accept cheque payments. In early 2015 I had purchased 4 Bridgestones for my erstwhile Innova. That time I had done cheque payment.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 17th December 2016 at 23:27.
Old 18th December 2016, 14:14   #72
BHPian

I changed all 4 tyres of my Etios from them in October. Yes, they accept cards but a charge of 2.5% was applicable. I paid by cash. Not sure whether they are still levying the same.
Old 2nd January 2017, 22:40   #73
BHPian

Pune BHPians, I am looking for 90/90-12, Preferably CEAT tyres for a TVS Wego. Any recommendations, please.
I would prefer Viman nagar or Surrounding areas. I am also ok with Aundh, Kothrud, Baner etc.,
Please suggest.
Old 8th February 2017, 17:55   #74
BHPian

Just spoke to Lokmanya today for a tire change. Got to know that prices would go up from Monday. Also there is no charge on a debit card swap. Just FYI incase anyone is planning for a tire change/upgrade at lokmanya
Old 7th March 2017, 12:24   #75
Senior - BHPian

Purchased two Yokohama Earth 1 tyres (185/65 R14) for Rs. 4,200/- each last week.

Since ATM was nearby withdrew cash for payment.

Balancing for alloy wheels was done using sticker weights. Had the alignment also done (on Hunter machine; it did not have specific measurements for Palio; had to use Palio Stile's parameters).

Nothing offered on old tyres, nor was there any offer. Since I had C.drive on my car, was keen on fitting Yokos. So didn't even enquire about other brands.

One observation - almost all the employees are from Kerala.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks