Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2017, 11:45   #76
BANNED

Re: Lokmanya Tyres (Pune)

Sorry to put an odd question, I think this is the right thread.

Any recommendation of tyre shops down towards Viman nagar area? I know Lokmanya is a good shop, but thinking of something near home.
Any idea of the Tyre Trax guys on Nagar road. They seems to be authorized sellers of most of the brand and also matching the rates of Lokmanya (enquiries over phone). Any good or bad thing about them ?
Old 24th May 2017, 15:14   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Any idea of the Tyre Trax guys on Nagar road. They seems to be authorized sellers of most of the brand and also matching the rates of Lokmanya (enquiries over phone). Any good or bad thing about them ?
I have used Tyre Trax for Wheel Balancing and tyre rotation late last year. While in Pune, I always use Tyre Trax for regular air filling. When the need arises to change tyres, I plan on using them.
(I am no way affiliated with them )

With the limited use of their services, I would recommend them.
Raja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 15:33   #78
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
I have used Tyre Trax for Wheel Balancing and tyre rotation late last year. While in Pune, I always use Tyre Trax for regular air filling. When the need arises to change tyres, I plan on using them.
(I am no way affiliated with them )

With the limited use of their services, I would recommend them.
Thank you for inspiring confidence. They seems to be authorized re-seller for all my shortlisted tyres and price quoted over phone is also competent.

Probably I will drop at them coming friday after office for a chat and if all goes well do the change.
Old 24th May 2017, 15:49   #79
Senior - BHPian

Considering you are near Nagar road, you may want to check if the tyre shops in Wagholi have some better offers. I am not aware what is the situation with octroi etc. but when I last heard there was some difference in the quotes they made as against those made by shops within the city.

Unfortunately I dont have any contact details. You may want to look this up.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 17:55   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to put an odd question, I think this is the right thread.

Any recommendation of tyre shops down towards Viman nagar area?
Darshan Tyres - Viman Nagar
Nirkankari Tyres - Kharadi bypass.
Prathamesh Tyres - Apollo tyres only - Wagholi.
F150 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2017, 10:40   #81
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Considering you are near Nagar road, you may want to check if the tyre shops in Wagholi have some better offers. I am not aware what is the situation with octroi etc. but when I last heard there was some difference in the quotes they made as against those made by shops within the city.

Thanks a lot, surely I will check them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Darshan Tyres - Viman Nagar
Nirkankari Tyres - Kharadi bypass.
Prathamesh Tyres - Apollo tyres only - Wagholi.
Contacted Darshan Tyres, they only have bridgestone B290 for my size and not AR20.
I will check with Nirkankari soon. Thanks a ton for your help.
Old 25th May 2017, 11:37   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot, surely I will check them up.

Contacted Darshan Tyres, they only have bridgestone B290 for my size and not AR20.
I will check with Nirkankari soon. Thanks a ton for your help.
This is my personal experience:
I had been going to Darshan Tyres (Next to Tyre Trax) for regular air fill-ups for many years.
About 3 years ago, I went to Darshan to get wheel balancing and general check up on my previous car as I was about to go on a long trip.
They were very unscrupulous in mentioning the cost of the whole package, Darshan added-on higher balancing costs than what was initially mentioned.
After that episode, I never put foot into Darshan Tyres (Nagar Rd Branch).

As mentioned in previous post, a couple of years ago I changed my car and late last year went to Tyre Trax for balancing. They were very up front on total cost, no hidden extras. Also clear on costs depending on mode of payment. All round, a very pleasant experience with no hidden extras.

This is not to say you would get same experience with Tyre Trax, but hopefully, you will .
(Once again, no affiliation with them, just that I had a good customer experience with them)
Raja is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th May 2017, 16:16   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
This is my personal experience:
I had been going to Darshan Tyres (Next to Tyre Trax) for regular air fill-ups for many years.
About 3 years ago, I went to Darshan to get wheel balancing and general check up on my previous car as I was about to go on a long trip.
They were very unscrupulous in mentioning the cost of the whole package, Darshan added-on higher balancing costs than what was initially mentioned.
After that episode, I never put foot into Darshan Tyres (Nagar Rd Branch).
This is very strange. I have had diametrically opposite experience at Darshan Tyres (Chinchwad, Empire Estate). I have been their regular customer for last several years, first with my Indica, then Innova and now TUV.

Last month I visited Darshan Tyres, Empire Estate, Chinchwad. Got the following things done at the shop
  • Spare tyre unmounted from the steel rim and mounted on the front left alloy wheel.
  • The front LHS tyre was unmounted from the alloy and mounted on the steel rim, that went back on rear door as spare wheel.
  • Remaining three tyres also rotated (Front RHS put as rear LHS, rear LHS put as rear RHS & rear RHS put as front RHS)
  • Alignment checked
  • Wheel balancing was not required as there was no wobbling (vibrations at steering wheel)
Job done in 1.5 hours. Alignment costed Rs 300/- and the two tyres un-mounting and mounting back on the rims costed another Rs 200/-.They did not charge me anything for tyre rotation. The Rs 200/- charged for two tyres' mounting un-mounting must be inclusive of tyre rotation charges . Moreover when I asked if wheel balancing is required, they said if no vibrations at steering wheel, then no need to check the balancing.

They have good mechanics and set-up. I would highly recommend this shop for any tyre related work for those who stay around Pimpri-Chinchwad area.
Old 25th May 2017, 17:19   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
This is very strange. I have had diametrically opposite experience at Darshan Tyres (Chinchwad, Empire Estate). I have been their regular customer for last several years, first with my Indica, then Innova and now TUV.
Maybe I should have been more clear, my experience with Darshan Tyres is of the Nagar Rd branch near Ramwadi Chowk only.
The other branches may have better customer experiences (as experienced by you at the Chinchwad branch).
Also as far as I know, Darshan Tyres branches are franchises. Therefore, quality of experience may vary widely subject to the owner and their attitude towards getting business.
Raja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2017, 14:53   #85
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post

Went to Poona tyre house in Wagholi today morning. They are authorized dealer for Yokohama.

Price quoted for 165/70 R14, Yoko earth1 are too good, more than Rs 300/- less per piece than what other shops within PMC limits including Lokmanya are quoting. They also have Goodyears which were Rs 100 cheaper than Yokos.

With slight doubt in mind, went for Yokos. Checked the manufacturing date for all the 4 tyres, they were of February and March 2017. All 4 tyres were changed including balancing within 30 minutes. The best of existing tyres went for stepney. Unfortunately they don't have alignment option.

Owner was not pushing for anything. But they charge 2% on credit card. I settled with cash. Total damage including buyback was Rs 10500.

My 33k run five and half year old MRF zvtvs were bought back at 300 a piece. Not a bad deal IMO.

While coming back, went to Azmira tyres near kharadi bypass for alignment. They have computerized alignment machine. Cost 300 and 10 minutes.

I am holding my feedback for now. Will observe for 6 month and some KMs on those tyres before commenting / recommending to anyone.
PetrolRider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2018, 09:41   #86
BHPian

Bumping this old thread as i recently moved to Pune from Bangalore and picked up a used Honda City, was searching to pick up tyres in Pune and got lot of inputs and details from this thread. I called Lokmanya and couple of other dealers. But got the best quote from Darshan Tyres on Pune- Sholapur road. I paid 20k for a set of 4 MC5 195/60R15 and this included alignment and balancing. Their manager Mr Vishal Jaswani was of great help and i am leaving his contact details below. Do feel free to reach out to him for your next tyres upgrade, he would surely price match and give you a better deal.

Darshan Tyres
Name : Vishal Jaiswani

Overall i am very happy with the service and work done .
Dushie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 23:04   #87
BHPian

Changed all the 4 tyres for my SX4 today from Lokmanya Tyres, Karve Road with Goodyear Assurance Triplemax. Reason to opt for these for the 2 years unconditional warranty. Only one of the tyres had gone bad because of a sidewall puncture. The others were alright in terms of tread depth but had gone a bit hard. The owner was very helpful and didn't press to replace all 4. It was completely my call. The alignment is done at their other shop near Alka Talkies (lane opposite New English School).
adi.mariner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2020, 23:01   #88
Senior - BHPian

2 recommendations for NIBM area:-
1) Yokohama & Goodyear - Lonkar Tyres near NIBM Road (Hunter alignment, competitive prices - got 4 185/60 R15 Yoko Earth One's for Rs.18500 with alignment & balancing - also received a free Eureka Forbes Car Vacuum Cleaner, Courteous & knowledgable owner)
2) Goodyear + all other brands - Tyre Care near Jagtap Chowk (Good prices, new stock - got 2 Goodyear 155/70 R13 tires for the Spark at Rs.3000 a piece with Alignment & Balancing and 3-year unconditional warranty)
akash_v12 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks