Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Other Cities
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2010, 16:13   #1
Senior - BHPian

Car Accessories - Marks & Glix (Salt Lake, Kolkata)

Products sold:
Generic car accessories showroom. This is the 'Glix' part of the business.
The 'Marks' portion handles the used car business.

Glix has 4 branches in the city, IIRC. The mother branch is in Alipore. This directory entry is for the Salt Lake branch only.

Services offered:
Single window for all sorts of interior and exterior accessories. ICE installations, seat covers, bling lights, spoilers, alloys, steering wheels, sunfilm et al

What I like:
An ambience you would like to go back to. Nice spacious showroom, airconditioned and neatly organised. Quite different from most accessory shops that look like mini godowns.

Among the better ICE installers in the city. Willing to discuss the details of the install prior to the actual job.

A competent team to handle all installations.

Wifi enabled, so that you can catch up on your work while your car gets taken care of !

What I don't like:
Nothing as of now.

Pricing: Reasonable and being a T-BHPian helps

Speciality / USP: Arguably the biggest accessory franchise/network in the city.

What I have bought from him: ICE and sunfilm installation in my Civic was done by them.

Contact Information
- Name of the contact person: Karan (T-BHP handle, ace6120)
- Phone numbers: Telefax - 4001-2300 | 4001-2323
- Postal Address: AD 76 , Sector 1 , Salt Lake , Kolkata - 700 064
- Helpful landmarks / directions: After the 2nd island when entering Salt Lake from Ultadanga
- Email / Website : :: GLIX - Home ::
- GoogleMap:
Car Accessories - Marks & Glix (Salt Lake, Kolkata)-glixmap.jpg
shuvc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2010, 11:27   #2
BHPian

+ 1 to that
I bought my Esteem from their 'Marks' part and got it ICEd from their 'Glix' part

I also got my OHC sunfilm and ICE from Glix. Very professional service, great ambiance and with their stocks, it tempts you to go back again.
Old 11th June 2010, 20:28   #3
BHPian

I recently did LLumar sun film instalation there for my ANHC. Sameer handled my case. He was very freindly and took care of the details like calling Llumar technician etc.

There were small issues with the instalation like mark in front windscreen and side front passenger side window. But I think it was not fault of Glix, as we can not have 100% dust free envoirnmnet for perfect sunfilm instalation.

I also bought floor mats and small stuff like door gaurds there.

Will definitely recommend them , speciall members staying near Salt Lake, New Town.

I must say that I got a better deal there, although I did not bring up my TBHP membership there.
Ram_NP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2010, 22:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

Glix is a very trusted brand for me.

In 2008, when I was looking for customized seat covers, not only did Glix give me a far lower quote on G-sport (compared to Ovion and Stanley quotes given by their respective resellers) but their fit and finish was also amazingly professional. 2 years now, and my seat covers still haven't sagged a millimetre.

Besides that one purchase, I regularly buy small stuff like perfumes/car lighters from them. The amazing part about Vinay and Karan is that they're "consultants" in their behaviour. They don't sell, they help you buy.
predatorwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2010, 22:24   #5
BHPian

I noticed their salt lake outlet just a day before I left. They have got an amazing show room with a very good lay out. It makes it very convenient for me as I had never visited their other showroom only for the fact it was terribly out of way for me.

I had enquired for the OEM centre arm rest of the i20 which they did not have, but volunteered to fix it if I procure it and also match the upholstery of the whole car with the armrest.

Extremely helpful people I am sure I would spend quite sometime there the next time I'm in town.
Old 4th July 2010, 23:07   #6
BHPian

Really good service although I went to the Alipore branch and the location is a problem.GLIX doesnt have a parking there and have to park in the generic one which is often full.So have to park a long way away.The work is done in a nearby workshop which is around a km away.So I dont really like the Alipore location.Will try the Saltlake one for the next time.Have already seen the shop there and it has ample space.

However,the work they do is excellent and so I always/will always go to them.

I have got my center armrest,rear parking sensor,sunfilm and also art leather seat covers done in my SX4.And they promptly changed my rear parking sensor when it apparently had some issues.Real good service
Old 14th July 2010, 07:54   #7
BHPian

Regarding accessories Kolkata looks lagging behind Bangalore,
Delhi and Mumbai , quality stuff is very rare , like I was looking
looking for Thule roof carrier , nobody has it , alloy choice for
bigger tyre like 165R35 is very very limited , Yoko - Mich A.T
tyres are of old stocks.

Though I have not tried Glix, let me try over there.

Cheers
Old 14th July 2010, 10:39   #8
Senior - BHPian

For tyre options - you can check out Indo Radial Club - opposite Homeland Mall (Bhawanipore) and EM Bypass.
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:47   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
For tyre options - you can check out Indo Radial Club - opposite Homeland Mall (Bhawanipore) and EM Bypass.
A third outlet of Indo Radial Club is opening up in Mominpore. I must say the new outlet is much bigger than the existing Bhawanipore one. Its the same location as the earlier Daewoo and Skoda showroom.
Old 4th September 2010, 01:17   #10
Senior - BHPian

I got my llumar sunfilms done from their Alipore place.
I have some gripes over their location and parking - but pretty satisfied with their work. Vinay helped me choose the stuff. Yet to visit their Salt Lake shop (nearer to my home anyway).
Old 4th September 2010, 13:03   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
I got my llumar sunfilms done from their Alipore place.
I have some gripes over their location and parking - but pretty satisfied with their work. Vinay helped me choose the stuff. Yet to visit their Salt Lake shop (nearer to my home anyway).
I visited their Alipore as well as the Saltlake branch. Got the HID and Power horns installed from Alipore Glix; got spoiler and a mono amplifier fixed at their SaltLake branch. Comparatively, I liked the Salt Lake branch more. They are extremely professional in their work and take every request with extreme seriousness, which left me totally satisfied with their work.
buntydey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2010, 13:33   #12
Senior - BHPian

Recently went there and tidied up the boot of the Baleno. It had been in such a mess since the ICE install 2-3 years back that I had never posted snaps . A quick-fix done at Glix has made the boot a lot more presentable.

Oh and I also got art leather seat covers done for the Baleno. Wonderful fit and finish.
Old 6th September 2010, 20:13   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Can anyone tell me where is the Indo Radial Club in EM Bypass? I am looking for a set of alloys for my swift, so please suggest some places to look for!! I checked Glix in Salt Lake (Kolkata), and also the Bridgestone showroom in VIP road, but both seems to be missing many options in the 14" segment.
Old 6th September 2010, 20:58   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntydey View Post
Can anyone tell me where is the Indo Radial Club in EM Bypass? I am looking for a set of alloys for my swift, so please suggest some places to look for!! I checked Glix in Salt Lake (Kolkata), and also the Bridgestone showroom in VIP road, but both seems to be missing many options in the 14" segment.
Take the science city roundabout and move towards tangra. After you cross the boat club on your left - slow down, you shall notice Mirania and Indo radial club after that - separated by 2-3 buildings (on your left if coming from science city end). I personally got my alloys from them. Either Minku Agarwal or his dad should be at the store. They have plenty of options in 14".
Old 6th September 2010, 21:55   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntydey View Post
Personally I'd suggest go to the IRC store in Bhowanipore, where Minku himself sits. He's a warm person with a regard for tbhpians, and will give you the right advice and price.

The EM Byepass store is managed by Minku's dad - who isn't so much into technicals of modern cars, mostly manages commercial tyre sales and PR. The other guy at the store is a pucca salesman, sweet-talking and overquoting!

I'm speaking from personal experience, after going to both stores.
predatorwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks