Old 11th October 2011, 18:26   #16
BHPian

Re: Mohan Das Motors, TASS/FASS, Trivandrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

1) Suspension at front done
4) Rear shox changed
5) Clutch worked!
So they too are upto the usual TASS tactics (hear-say, no personal experience). Had you not got some suspension work and clutch replacement done sometime recently. Remember reading it on your ownership thread. Has it been long, and does the the clutch and suspension components fail this fast?
Old 11th October 2011, 18:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
So they too are upto the usual TASS tactics (hear-say, no personal experience). Had you not got some suspension work and clutch replacement done sometime recently. Remember reading it on your ownership thread. Has it been long, and does the the clutch and suspension components fail this fast?

Thats what! When I said suspension/bearings/clutch are new , he want me to get rear shox changed
Old 12th October 2011, 12:04   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Thats what! When I said suspension/bearings/clutch are new , he want me to get rear shox changed
Hmmm.... Challenge the shox and he'll probaly ask you to get the vehicle changed . Reminds me of the old joke - "your battery needs a new car.."
Old 12th October 2011, 12:15   #19
BHPian

@jkdas

Sorry to hear about that. Did TM call you after your complaint was registered ?

On the contrary, I gave my car there yesterday. There was a loud noise from the left front wheel after I recently hit a divider at medium speeds. The other issue was that after market horn was not working. I had given them full freedom to change whatever they wanted without confirming with me as I was real busy yesterday. At the end of the day, they called me up and told me that my car is ready. They changed only the link rod. That too under warranty. I was charged only for car wash + 4 lug nuts + some petty amount for repairing the horn. Total bill was well under 500 INR. I was again impressed.
Old 12th October 2011, 19:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Had them collect the Safari from my friend's place as I was out of station on a friday for the 90,000km service. They call me back on Saturday and tell me I need to get

1) Suspension at front done
2) Wheel bearings at front changed
3) Central link rod changed
4) Rear shox changed
5) Clutch worked!
6) Steering dampers changed
7) Rear brake liners changed
8) Rear brake cylinder changed

I fainted by then ( after hearing the quote) and hence dont exactly remember the rest
I asked him (Titto) not to do anything unless I see and to just do

1) 90k service ( All fluids to be changed)
2) Fog lamps to be functiong
3) Engine mounts to be replaced
4) The sound at front to be fixed ( some plastic sound)

The driver calls me up on his way to my office to deliver it and says clutch is gone and they need to check! I ask him to take it back and service engineer calls me and says I need to get slave and master cylinder of clutch changes ( 1800Rs + 2200Rs for parts and approx 4000 Rs for labor!) I ask him not to touch him since I know it can be fixed by my local garage guy. I also ask him some stuff for which he points fingers at the supervisor !

I get the Safari back by Tuesday with a 22k bill ! of which 7500 rs is for labor! ( for 90k service plus brake liner plus cylinder change)
They dint fix the fogs/change mounts too!

I asked him why they didnt fox the fogs and he says electrical guy said that fog mounts are gone so both fogs need to be changed! I quiz he a bit here and comes to know that they didnt even check fuse!

Anyway, I raised a ticket with Tata (Tata Motors Customer Support :: Complaint) .. Nice site! I gave my Safari no and all my details came up automatically and I get a sms saying my complaint was registered ! Impressed!
So its not just FIAT TASS is bad at. I too had a really bad experience with these guys when I took my Palio MJD for replacing the "Clutch bracket" to fix one of the known issues with Palio.

Apologies for not posting this earlier. Let me try to explain:

* I raised a issue/ticket through the TATA-FIAT customer care after I read from PUG India-Yahoo group that FIAT has finally acknowledged the Clutch issue.

* Mohandas guys promptly called me to inquire about the problem. However it took them more than a month to procure the part. Everytime I inquired about the status, i used to get a wired explanation that the delay was due to a Fire at FIAT Warehouse. Finally when the part arrived the service engg casually told me ..."Saar" this is the same part used in VISTA .

* It took them another 3 days to replace the clutch bracket and later the clutch kit itself as per their advise.

* The car stalled hours after I received the car back from them. There were multiple Quality issue with their work. I will list what I can remember:

>> AC not working. Figured out myself that the wires were disconnected.
>> Stereo rewired with Amp out connected to Stereo Spk out. Lucky that my car didnt turn out to be another nano (err palio on Fire).
>> The temperature gauge red-lined just after driving for ~ 10 kms.
>> Dashboard panels were out of place (some not even installed correctly). (and still discovering new things. The recent one being the plastic panel below the steering column. Looks to me like they tried to pull it out without removing all the screws resulting in one screw hole being unusable).
>> List goes on but I think have listed most of the major issues above.

* That night I called up the service engineer and then the service supervisor to let them know that I was very much disappointed with the work they have done to my car. The supervisor promised me that he will get it resolved the next day.

* Next day they took my car in to the service center again. (and this time I told them NOT to touch the ICE and that I will fix it myself).

* When I called the service engineer later that day, he told me very casually that nothing is wrong with the car and only thing they could find was the wires to the second Fan (i guess radiator/AC) was not connected causing the temperature gauge to red-line).

* Later that afternoon when I called them, he informed me that the car batteries were weak and would need charging. I strictly told him to call me before he leaves for the day. But as always he left without giving me a call (since the start of this issue TASS or Mohandas PPL never called me to updated the status(even after repeatedly insisting them to give me a call back to give me a status update).

And Finally I got my car back the next day. The car still stalls once in a while (usually happens when I depress both Clutch-brake together). I have decided not to take my car back to Mohandas again and instead to try my luck with TVS (heard that there are lot of veteran FIAT engineers there).

And raising a ticket with TATA Customer care hope it turns out positive for you @JK. TASS has never called me back to get a feedback on the service!!!

Venki
venki7744 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2011, 21:43   #21
BHPian

Sad to see mohandas also going the wrong way. Why this happens with TASC always? Why cant they keep the same standard of service.? :(
Old 13th October 2011, 07:02   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki7744 View Post
TASS has never called me back to get a feedback on the service!!!
Venki
Just wanted to Clarify, the customer care did call me to get the feedback when the car was still at the service center (for the second time). I had asked them to give me a callback in two days but I never received any calls.

Venki
Old 13th October 2011, 09:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just wanted to Clarify, the customer care did call me to get the feedback when the car was still at the service center (for the second time). I had asked them to give me a callback in two days but I never received any calls.

Venki

same here,they called for feedback before I got my car back.

And I have raised a complaint with Tata over net and I got sms and mail confirmation.

A lady from Mohandas called last day but I was busy to discuss matters.
Old 18th October 2011, 15:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

Update: CR Manager called up and discussed since they got complaint ticket from Tata. They accepted that I was quoted too much and that they will look into the matter since I was asked to change many parts even when I had recently got changed those few thousand kilometers ago ( they didnt know till I told them).
Old 19th October 2011, 20:13   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Update: CR Manager called up and discussed since they got complaint ticket from Tata. They accepted that I was quoted too much and that they will look into the matter since I was asked to change many parts even when I had recently got changed those few thousand kilometers ago ( they didnt know till I told them).
I would suggest you to follow up every call with an email or ask them to drop you an email on what was discussed during the call (so that they cant afford to forget ).

Venki
Old 9th November 2011, 11:06   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Any updates ? My car is due for 50K service. Wanted to give the car at Mohandas. Hence a little anxious.
Old 9th November 2011, 11:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest you to follow up every call with an email or ask them to drop you an email on what was discussed during the call (so that they cant afford to forget ).

Venki
I did that; even gave this link. All communication stopped after that

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
Any updates ? My car is due for 50K service. Wanted to give the car at Mohandas. Hence a little anxious.
I also noticed that they have billed me for the wrong engine oil and if thats what they have put then I need to get it changed.

And I spend 120Rs to fix fog lamps out at local shop when they wanted me to buy new fog lamps set ( two nos).
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 11:28   #28
BHPian

Wrong engine oil ? This is getting worse... I guess it is better I do the service at Concorde itself. Thanks for the quick response.
Old 10th November 2011, 09:11   #29
BHPian

A little OT: Two weeks back my car broke down again in ernakulam, same symptoms, unable to change gears. Because of the poor response of FIAT people (could not get hold of any concode ppl and fiat gave me some towing agency contact no), I contacted Carnation. They arranged for a towing vehicle and towed my vehicle to their workshop. They figured out that the Master cylinder was leaking and had to be replaced. Took three days to fix it. Ended up spending around 11k :-(. But the good thing was the GM (I think) in the past had worked as a FIAT manager at concorde. Atleast he was knowledgeable :-D.

Venki
Old 23rd January 2012, 17:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A little OT: Two weeks back my car broke down again in ernakulam, same symptoms, unable to change gears. Because of the poor response of FIAT people (could not get hold of any concode ppl and fiat gave me some towing agency contact no), I contacted Carnation. They arranged for a towing vehicle and towed my vehicle to their workshop. They figured out that the Master cylinder was leaking and had to be replaced. Took three days to fix it. Ended up spending around 11k :-(. But the good thing was the GM (I think) in the past had worked as a FIAT manager at concorde. Atleast he was knowledgeable :-D.

Venki
Known issue with old Fiats which was sorted in new gens. This has been discussed here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks