Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2012, 22:17   #31
BHPian

Re: Project Landmaster

Hi Bulldogji,

Now that the car is with the tinkerer, I can't treat the rust spots. After it comes from the tinkerer, I will do it. Can you tell me if I have to scrape the whole metal to treat the rust pits or what is the method to be used.

Thanks & Regards,
Jagadeesh
Old 17th August 2012, 23:30   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagadeesh.b View Post
Hi Rajeev In my case it did not happened. check out the below picture.
I have marked the size of the Landy/Amby original battery box in the first picture.
Project Landmaster-21.jpg
Why I say this is because the recessed shape, marked in dots, is outside the battery tray in Landy/Amby.
Project Landmaster-44.jpg

While diesel engines are mounted bigger batteries are needed and hence the mods. I am talking about those black hard rubber batteries.

Last edited by rajeev k : 17th August 2012 at 23:31.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2012, 13:29   #33
BHPian

Hi Jagadeesh, you will have to revert to bare metal, apply the rust inhibitor and then start the paint process. If you contact either 3M or wourth locally, they will send a technician across to advise. Well worth the effort to prevent agony at a later date. Your primer coats can be easily removed so I suggest you make the effort.
Old 22nd August 2012, 14:56   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagadeesh.b View Post
The Gearbox’s in Landmasters & Ambassadors were the same but the Gearbox shield on Landmaster was of aluminum & that of OHV ambassadors Cast Iron.
Were the gearboxes the same until the final column change gearlever car? What year was this changed to a floor change?
Quote:
The Rear Parcel Tray is available in market & we can also fabricate it.
Very interesting!
What other repair panels are available? e.g. bottom of door frames, floorpan where it meets the sills, Front cross-member, rear edge of front guard etc.
These parts can be fabricated here in NZ, but it is expensive because each one is custom built, but they do fit perfectly!

Quote:
Regarding the Rear Differential it is the same as that of the earlier model Morris Oxford. the Indian Land \masters had the same body of 53-Morris Oxford but the engine(Side valve), gearbox & differential from the Earlier Model(Pre-53). Can you please upload the photos of your Rear Differential?
Hmm! That would explain why the Landmaster/Ambassador brake master cylinder does not include a hydraulic clutch bore too - the MO Oxford did not have this.
There are quite a few differences between the Landmaster and the series II Oxford. I am learning a lot - thank you

I have taken a couple of (not very good) photos - the diff/axle is a BMC "B" series, as used by MGA, Austin Cambridge A50-A60. This is handy as I am going to swap the crownwheel & pinion (4.875:1) for an A60 one (4.3:1) to reduce the engine revs at 'high' speed (60mph).
Attached Thumbnails
Project Landmaster-dscf8649sm.jpg  

Project Landmaster-dscf8650sm.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks