Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2012, 00:05   #61
BHPian

Re: Bringing a Yezdi CL II back to life - MVC 382

Hi get the carb house pipe fitted, get the stand spring installed.
Hope you have charged the magnet prior to installation as night time riding in nashik requires some powerfull lights.

Regards,
Ranjit
Old 12th September 2012, 18:18   #62
BHPian

Ok. So I have been a bit lazy in updating the status of the bike.

On 31st of August I finally managed to get the bike back home to be gifted to my dad.

I am attaching some photographs of the bike as she looks now. As per me, the bike is still half done and still needs a lot of work to be completed before i make it a daily runner.

Work pending as on 31.08.2012 :
- RHS footrest needs to be fixed
- Headlight needs a holder and a bulb
- Seat needs to be redone completely
- front brake needs to be fixed
- Number plate needs to be fixed
- Chain cover plate needs to be replaced
- Chain cover needs to be fixed
- Chain needs over-oiling
- Side Stand needs to be fixed
- Center stand needs spring to be fixed

as of now I am only "getting to know the bike" and I am sure in a couple of days she should be ready to rock and roll like she is supposed to
Attached Thumbnails
Bringing a Yezdi CL II back to life - MVC 382-img00918201209011002.jpg  

Bringing a Yezdi CL II back to life - MVC 382-img00919201209011002.jpg  

Bringing a Yezdi CL II back to life - MVC 382-img00930201209021042.jpg  

Bringing a Yezdi CL II back to life - MVC 382-img00931201209021042.jpg  

Bringing a Yezdi CL II back to life - MVC 382-img00977201209121433.jpg  

350biker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2012, 12:36   #63
BHPian

Update as on 27.09.2012

I had mentioned in the earlier post that there are still some things left to do.
I have managed to get some done but there are still a couple of issues to be tackled.

- RHS footrest needs to be fixed - DONE (although not the way i wanted)
- Headlight needs a holder and a bulb - DONE (Only upper works not the dipper)
- Seat needs to be redone completely - PENDING
- front brake needs to be fixed - PENDING
- Number plate needs to be fixed - DONE (Number yet to be put)
- Chain cover plate needs to be replaced - PENDING
- Chain cover needs to be fixed - PENDING
- Chain needs over-oiling - DONE (over oiling and tightening done)
- Side Stand needs to be fixed - DONE (looks gorgeous now)
- Center stand needs spring to be fixed (DONE)

Posting some recent photographs of my yezdi standing tall with elder brother bullet....
Attached Thumbnails
Bringing a Yezdi CL II back to life - MVC 382-img01037201209261706.jpg  

Bringing a Yezdi CL II back to life - MVC 382-img01038201209261706.jpg  

350biker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2012, 13:16   #64
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350biker View Post
Update as on 27.09.2012

I had mentioned in the earlier post that there are still some things left to do.
I have managed to get some done but there are still a couple of issues to be tackled.

- RHS footrest needs to be fixed - DONE (although not the way i wanted)
- Headlight needs a holder and a bulb - DONE (Only upper works not the dipper)
- Seat needs to be redone completely - PENDING
- front brake needs to be fixed - PENDING
- Number plate needs to be fixed - DONE (Number yet to be put)
- Chain cover plate needs to be replaced - PENDING
- Chain cover needs to be fixed - PENDING
- Chain needs over-oiling - DONE (over oiling and tightening done)
- Side Stand needs to be fixed - DONE (looks gorgeous now)
- Center stand needs spring to be fixed (DONE)

Posting some recent photographs of my yezdi standing tall with elder brother bullet....
BRILLIANT job! the bike is certainly a sight for sore eyes! The reflective paint on the tank and side covers are really awesome.

Great job and enjoy riding the bike!

Praveen
Old 19th October 2012, 14:03   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAC444 View Post
BRILLIANT job! the bike is certainly a sight for sore eyes! The reflective paint on the tank and side covers are really awesome.

Great job and enjoy riding the bike!

Praveen
Thanks a lot Praveen. I am certainly enjoying riding the bike.

Although not a daily runner, but i try to ride it every alternate days. There have been some more updates but I have been lazy in updating them. Will update this thread shortly.

Thanks once again.
Old 19th October 2012, 14:12   #66
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks a lot Praveen. I am certainly enjoying riding the bike.

Although not a daily runner, but i try to ride it every alternate days. There have been some more updates but I have been lazy in updating them. Will update this thread shortly.

Thanks once again.
Good to know that you are riding the bike often and that there are more updates to come! Will stay tuned in!

Btw, I recently restored a 1960 Fiat Select, which I called Vinty! I just joined Team BHP and will be posting a thread on the total restoration including photos of BEFORE, UNDER RESTO and AFTER!

I like your signature... save the two stroke!
Old 19th October 2012, 14:59   #67
BHPian

Just a small update that I had forgotten to post on the forum.

The bike finally has a decent seat that i got made last week.

Posting photos of the current avatar -
Attached Thumbnails
Bringing a Yezdi CL II back to life - MVC 382-12705_376257765783344_400390576_n.jpg  

Bringing a Yezdi CL II back to life - MVC 382-198638_151328568346030_129397999_n.jpg  

Bringing a Yezdi CL II back to life - MVC 382-536561_376256635783457_824771184_n.jpg  

Bringing a Yezdi CL II back to life - MVC 382-img01113201210131707.jpg  

Bringing a Yezdi CL II back to life - MVC 382-img01104201210131701.jpg  

350biker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2012, 15:52   #68
BHPian

Hello 350biker,

MVC 382 looks absolutely stunning! Nice to see everything in place, and great paint & chrome! Congratulations to you and your mechanic.

In your photos, the left front footrest seems to be working loose already. Use a second spring washer if possible. Also, does the sidestand interfere with the kicker when it is folded up? Quite a nuisance when you have to keep opening the stand just to start the bike.

In one of the photos, Jawa MRE 4168 seems to have an incorrectly fitted (or non-original) rear mudguard and Lucas taillamp.

Photos seem to be clicked at a weekend ride/meet. Any more photos of the bikes? Would love to see.

Congrats again! Hope she gives you many troublefree miles.

Cheers,
Rahul

PS: Make MVC a bit happier, get a chaincase. They're available new in Bangalore now.
Edit: Looks like you had a chaincase in the pre-painting pics. What happened to it?

Last edited by voodoochild : 19th October 2012 at 15:57.
Old 19th October 2012, 16:30   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
Hello 350biker,

MVC 382 looks absolutely stunning! Nice to see everything in place, and great paint & chrome! Congratulations to you and your mechanic.

In your photos, the left front footrest seems to be working loose already. Use a second spring washer if possible. Also, does the sidestand interfere with the kicker when it is folded up? Quite a nuisance when you have to keep opening the stand just to start the bike.

In one of the photos, Jawa MRE 4168 seems to have an incorrectly fitted (or non-original) rear mudguard and Lucas taillamp.

Photos seem to be clicked at a weekend ride/meet. Any more photos of the bikes? Would love to see.

Congrats again! Hope she gives you many troublefree miles.

Cheers,
Rahul

PS: Make MVC a bit happier, get a chaincase. They're available new in Bangalore now.
Edit: Looks like you had a chaincase in the pre-painting pics. What happened to it?

Rahul, Thanks once again for all your comments and I must say you are a great observer too.

Regarding the footrest:

Yes, the footrest is literally hanging since I was not able to source an original CL II / Roadking footrest mounting rod. The existing footrest is of a yezdi classic D250 which comes in an L shape and therefore is not a direct fit to my bike since my bike is a CLII (although it has a normal headlight dome)

I have infact today, bought an original CLII footrest mounting rod which i plan to DIY this weekend.

Regarding the Jawa - MRE 4168

I had pointed out exactly the same thing to the owner and he too is on the lookout for the original stuff. (Great observation by the way)

Regarding the photos from the weekend meet:

I have started a new thread on NYJC - Nasik Yezdi Jawa Club and you can view some great pictures clicked on our meet. I am posting the link for your reference:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...jawa-club.html

Regarding the chaincase :

Yes !! I have the chaincase (Once again great observation)

Just that the sprocket, the chain are completely out of shape and therefore the next thing to do on the bike is to change both. As of now the chain shakes so much that it will damage the newly painted chaincover and therefore I have not yet fixed it.

I hope you enjoy the pictures in the other thread that I have started.

I will keep this thread alive by posting whatever updates I have as and when.
Old 19th October 2012, 16:50   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Yes !! I have the chaincase (Once again great observation)

Just that the sprocket, the chain are completely out of shape and therefore the next thing to do on the bike is to change both. As of now the chain shakes so much that it will damage the newly painted chaincover and therefore I have not yet fixed it.
Sprocket and chain OUT OF SHAPE???? It might damage more than just the chaincase!
You should have installed a new chain anyway. If your chain is too slack or sprocket is warped, replace immediately! I'm sure you will find a good used sprocket. If not, let me know. I have a couple of them with me in Pune. Also, Craftsman sprockets available in Bangalore.

Lovely pics of the NYJC bikes. The black Jawa (with Bullet throttle unit) looks delicious! Especially a certain pair of...
Her throttle cable seems a bit too stretched with handle turned to the left. Ok, I'll stop "observing" and go away now

Cheers,
Rahul

Last edited by voodoochild : 19th October 2012 at 16:56.
Old 19th October 2012, 17:02   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
Sprocket and chain OUT OF SHAPE???? It might damage more than just the chaincase!
You should have installed a new chain anyway. If your chain is too slack or sprocket is warped, replace immediately! I'm sure you will find a good used sprocket. If not, let me know. I have a couple of them with me in Pune. Also, Craftsman sprockets available in Bangalore.

Lovely pics of the NYJC bikes. The black Jawa (with Bullet throttle unit) looks delicious! Especially a certain pair of...
Her throttle cable seems a bit too stretched with handle turned to the left. Ok, I'll stop "observing" and go away now

Cheers,
Rahul
I know

I have been advised to use the Rolon make stuff and the availability of Rolon is not so good here. Diamond ones are available but I am not too inclined to use the Diamond make.

My mechanic says that the chain is "kadak" in some half part and "naram" in the other and therefore it is advisable to replace it completely.

Besides, I am planning to change the bigger sprocket, the smaller sprocket, the bigger chain and the smaller chain completely.

We have a ride scheduled on the 28th of this month and I am in no position to take my bike in this condition out of Nasik.

I hope I get the chain sprocket and the chain before the next meet. Incase I dont, I will let you know for sure. Thanks for the help.
Old 21st October 2012, 19:00   #72
BHPian

Quick Update :

MVC 382 gets new shoes !!!

I was lucky enough to get the standard 3 25 16 Tyres for the bike. Unfortunately both the tyres have the same grip since the normal front tyre with the lines is not available in the market. New tubes as well were sourced and fitted immediately.

Another small but very important update is that I have managed to finally source the original CL II / Roadking footrest mounting rod and therefore the bike now has a proper footrest on the left side.

Posting some of the pics of the bike with new tyres.
Attached Thumbnails
Bringing a Yezdi CL II back to life - MVC 382-img01141201210211314.jpg  

Bringing a Yezdi CL II back to life - MVC 382-img01140201210211313.jpg  

Bringing a Yezdi CL II back to life - MVC 382-img01139201210201754.jpg  

Bringing a Yezdi CL II back to life - MVC 382-img01137201210201753.jpg  

Bringing a Yezdi CL II back to life - MVC 382-img01138201210201753.jpg  

350biker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2012, 14:08   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quick Update :

MVC 382 gets new shoes !!!
First of all please accept my congratulations for the awesome rebuild backed with some good narration/pictorial depiction of your journey. Appears that every paisa spent on it is worth the deal.
Have you got the lacquering done post the paint?Sorry could not find out on the lacquer bit. Regarding the tire, would you not get the MRF Nylogrip instead of the ceat secura tires? Nylogrip is bit softer compared to Secura and a bit more smoother owing to the thread pattern as well.

PS: Nice shots of the Nasik Meet, do keep us posted. So you heading out for the 28th meet?
Old 22nd October 2012, 14:25   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
First of all please accept my congratulations for the awesome rebuild backed with some good narration/pictorial depiction of your journey. Appears that every paisa spent on it is worth the deal.
Have you got the lacquering done post the paint?Sorry could not find out on the lacquer bit. Regarding the tire, would you not get the MRF Nylogrip instead of the ceat secura tires? Nylogrip is bit softer compared to Secura and a bit more smoother owing to the thread pattern as well.

PS: Nice shots of the Nasik Meet, do keep us posted. So you heading out for the 28th meet?
Thanks a lot for all the compliments. You are right in saying that every paisa spent on restoration is worth. I am totally in love with my bike. I confess that even i had not thought that the color and overall look would turn out to be so good

As you rightly mentioned, I have done the lacquering post the paint and the stripes.

Regarding the tyres, I have right now sourced the Dunlop make tyre since MRF we not readily available. It was kind of a hasty decision keeping in mind that the bike has to go out of town for the 28th meet. A lot many people have advised me to go for the MRF make tyres. Will surely look out next time.

Thanks once again
Old 2nd November 2012, 03:21   #75
BHPian

Congratulations on the superb restoration ,i am taking up a similar project when i am back to my hometown soon.Highly appreciable project from my side.
It looks stunning and have no words to explain the neat work.
msvg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed