Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2007, 11:49   #16
Team-BHP Support

Any idea about those wheels? From where are they?
Old 30th June 2007, 11:51   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

I cant say I recognise them...but in her previous avtaar she wore what looked like esteem wheels!
Old 30th June 2007, 11:56   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I cant say I recognise them...but in her previous avtaar she wore what looked like esteem wheels!
Esteem wheels for a car of that size?
Old 30th June 2007, 11:57   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Something is not right. See post # 45 here Mustang wheels These are the wheels which the car is currently shod with and seems like something the car carried before restoration? After this see post # 34 where it has Esteem rims and note something Red in colour on the exhaust too!

EDIT: You are right Karl. See this picture for a clearer view of both wheels. I wonder why he opted for Esteem rims for a car that size as Rudra says.

EDIT 2: Dippy has full coverage and is the right guy to get pictures of the car when it was lying in rots at Bombay Film City!

Last edited by moralfibre : 30th June 2007 at 12:04.
Old 30th June 2007, 11:59   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

here you go...am I right?

Old 4th July 2007, 16:06   #21

This Mustang is Suraj's (Team Motor Works - Bandh Road) home car, which he only experimented for his own personal satisfaction and promotional purposes in the initial stages to establish himself in the business. When it comes to work from clients, i guess the more the sugar you add, it only gets sweeter and perfect... For detailing in restoration, check out the Jaguar that is going to come out of the den soon... Will keep all posted.
Old 4th July 2007, 16:24   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Something is not right. See post # 45 here Mustang wheels These are the wheels which the car is currently shod with and seems like something the car carried before restoration? After this see post # 34 where it has Esteem rims and note something Red in colour on the exhaust too!

EDIT: You are right Karl. See this picture for a clearer view of both wheels. I wonder why he opted for Esteem rims for a car that size as Rudra says.

EDIT 2: Dippy has full coverage and is the right guy to get pictures of the car when it was lying in rots at Bombay Film City!
I have showed Dippy's covered article on the Mustang Video on youtube... Moralfibre - You have been exposed to the same car in various forms and stages. The rims, exhaust, colours & upholstry have been changed from the time it was done up 1st when Dippy covered untill now and yet it is in process of getting done up for a event, which is likely to happen in October...
Old 2nd September 2007, 17:07   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, somebody appreciate what this guy has done to the 'stang. Ok, evn i don't like the way i looks, but hats off to him for restoring it from its grave. Restoration of a car like this will need a lot of expensive spares which may not be easily available. Okie, even i think it should have been left stock, but at the end of the day, its his car!

Btw, someone shoot the presenter of the video, Mclarens in fast and the furious??? dude, learn ur cars before u start blabberin nonsense!!
Old 2nd September 2007, 17:43   #24
Senior - BHPian

hi jayd, the persons efforts are recognised for painstakeingly restoreing the car and makeing it road worthy. the car though is not original and alot of fabricated and new parts (not belonging to the mustang) have been fitted. the roof was also chopped to make it a convertible.
but like you say at the end of the day it is his car and he has the right to do what he wants with it.
Old 2nd September 2007, 18:51   #25
Senior - BHPian

Yeah.. i know that the originality of the car has suffered, and i'm not a fan of the mods either. btw, wasn't the roof cut off when he got it?? for some movie i presume??
Old 2nd September 2007, 19:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Yeah.. i know that the originality of the car has suffered, and i'm not a fan of the mods either. btw, wasn't the roof cut off when he got it?? for some movie i presume??
no the roof was intact when he got it and so were the side panels. he cut them to show his brilliance in engineering and design.
Old 3rd September 2007, 15:15   #27
Senior - BHPian

This Mustang is now featured in some music video I saw the other day. It needs another paintjob now plus the car sounded really good without that huge exhaust. Hope he goes back to stock soon.

As said lot has been fabricated to get the car back to life but one has to appreciate the efforts taken.

Before this I had done a story on the restoration of a 59 Lancia Flaminia Zagato. That was a wonderful experience since I saw the car in the flesh the day it was brought down from Nagpur.
Old 3rd September 2007, 15:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
no the roof was intact when he got it and so were the side panels. he cut them to show his brilliance in engineering and design.
I'm sorry speedy anyone who does this to a legendary car like this is NOT RESTORING HER. He may be modding her for a custom job but to say that he has bought the Mustang to its original glory is not what he is doing. IMHO I would appreciate the car only and only if its back to its original, as close as can be. The video says he ordered parts from Mustang in USA. but looking at the car now im shattered. Where have those supposed parts gone. Im not trying to put my two bit in but im saying that his efforts are to be appreciated but not to restore the car but to make her a hot rod. Nothing except the lights, grille and maybe drive-train appear original. Look at the rest, the wheels, the interior- the seats and even the dash are modded. Appreciate it for what it is and not for what its not.
Old 3rd September 2007, 15:31   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I'm sorry speedy anyone who does this to a legendary car like this is NOT RESTORING HER. He may be modding her for a custom job but to say that he has bought the Mustang to its original glory is not what he is doing. IMHO I would appreciate the car only and only if its back to its original, as close as can be. The video says he ordered parts from Mustang in USA. but looking at the car now im shattered. Where have those supposed parts gone. Im not trying to put my two bit in but im saying that his efforts are to be appreciated but not to restore the car but to make her a hot rod. Nothing except the lights, grille and maybe drive-train appear original. Look at the rest, the wheels, the interior- the seats and even the dash are modded. Appreciate it for what it is and not for what its not.

Like I said in my earlier post Gogi, most of the parts have been fabricated and custom made. I have seen everything upclose. I may not be a classic expert but can certainly make out whats been original and whats fabricated. The wheels were the first thing I asked him about since the Esteem wheels were a big turn off
Old 3rd September 2007, 15:36   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Like I said in my earlier post Gogi, most of the parts have been fabricated and custom made. I have seen everything upclose. I may not be a classic expert but can certainly make out whats been original and whats fabricated. The wheels were the first thing I asked him about since the Esteem wheels were a big turn off
Exactly what i was trying to tell speedy in my previous post IMHO, wheres the brilliance involved in engineering in designing if you chop off a car and try to make it look the same from the outside. I think the car was chopped before he recieved it and may have been put together, you know how the filmi guys are. In an old Dilip Kumar film "Dastaan" which I was watching on telly a few days ago, they actually threw a 47 buick down the mountain side for an accident shot. Im sure the car must've been put together again fo rsome action shot for another movie later

Last edited by V-16 : 3rd September 2007 at 15:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks