Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2011, 21:59   #31
BANNED

Re: Saw this Bug Fiat today

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Saw this FIAT 500, 1953 model, manufactured by FIAT AUTO POLAND spa today. It sports 5.60x13 tyres. Appears to be restored recently. I am not masking the number in appreciation of the owner who has done a lot of good work in making it the city runabout and as it is a classic.

The owner has given his best, wonder what engine its running in....

Any guys who can provide more info on that car.

KLT is Kerala registration.

Though the Bootlid is modified, and the roof lining is a bit odd. Its still done very tastefully.
Old 14th March 2011, 23:24   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bug Fiat 1959

I checked the MVD site. KLT is a Trivandrum regn. Re-registered in 1954 originally from RA Madrasi, TCT regn. and type of body as convertible. The present owner has it since 1988 and the registration valid till 2015. I am attaching another snap of the interior, not clear though. Steering wheel, meters switches etc are mix and match stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
Bug Fiat 1959-14032011202.jpg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 14th March 2011 at 23:29.
Old 14th March 2011, 23:37   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
KLT is Kerala registration.
Quote:
I checked the MVD site. KLT is a Trivandrum regn. Re-registered in 1954 originally from RA Madrasi, TCT regn. and type of body as convertible.
Yes KLT is a Trivandrum regn. I did guess that its a re-registered car as I remember seeing a Fiat 1100 (Millecento) reg'd KLT 300 at Hyderabad airport way back in 1998. And that car would be a later model.
BTW, I thought TCT was a Travancore-Cochin-? regn. (before formation of Kerala, post which all such regns. were converted to KL series, like KLT etc.)
Old 14th March 2011, 23:45   #34
BANNED

Quote:
I checked the MVD site. KLT is a Trivandrum regn. Re-registered in 1954 originally from RA Madrasi, TCT regn. and type of body as convertible. The present owner has it since 1988 and the registration valid till 2015. I am attaching another snap of the interior, not clear though. Steering wheel, meters switches etc are mix and match stuff.
I can see the Gear lever. And i am afraid, its not running on the ORIGINAL engine

Not many cars in the country boasts of running on the ORIGINAL Engine.

Quote:
You may perhaps be right here. The vehicle department site would have probably messed up past history. A man drove this car into the parking lot with a kid. The front left door, sorry left door glass was pulled up by hand by the guy. He may be in search of glass winder assy.
The Topolino's never came with winding mechanism for the door glass.

It was always sliding.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 14th March 2011 at 23:54.
Old 14th March 2011, 23:46   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Yes KLT is a Trivandrum regn. BTW, I thought TCT was a Travancore-Cochin-? regn. (before formation of Kerala, post which all such regns. were converted to KL series, like KLT etc.)
You may perhaps be right here. The vehicle department site would have probably messed up past history. A man drove this car into the parking lot with a kid. The front left door, sorry left door glass was pulled up by hand by the guy. He may be in search of glass winder assy. The RTA details indicates Engine capacity as 500 cc and HP as 6.7 and the number of cylinders as 4. The glasses are up/dpwn ones here.

Last edited by rajeev k : 15th March 2011 at 00:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks