Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2009, 11:30   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
That same gear knob is in my Bug too, but thanks to the Prince of Sardar's, I now have a lovely correct looking ivory piece.
Good show, Prince paaji . Although, what's a piece of ivory or two for the prince?!
Old 5th August 2009, 11:39   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Good show, Prince paaji . Although, what's a piece of ivory or two for the prince?!
For such a large hearted prince, not much I should think. The ivory came along with ebony for the Amby and Fiat too.
Old 5th August 2009, 11:44   #33
BHPian

Quote:
For such a large hearted prince, not much I should think. The ivory came along with ebony for the Amby and Fiat too.
That's music to the ears, O! large-hearted Prince Wonder!
Old 6th August 2009, 12:15   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
We enjoyed the outing, this was very similar to the FCCCI outing which I had once attended. All friendly, no hang-ups, no entry fee and a good breakfast. And we all got along swell. Karl came all the way from Pune with moralfiber, and they left immediately after breakfast.
I am sure that there must be around 50 bugs in Mumbai, if there is an event again November onwards I will do all from my side to get atleast 10 more bugs to participate. The difficulty is that many have been packed off because of the rains. And some were not aware. Frankly, I crashed in as Karl informed me, and I felt welcomed.

Cheers to many more VW runs!
harit
Isn't that what our hobby is all about? Just having a good time, talking cars.

Sometime in November/December Volkswagen India will be launching the New Beetle. Plans are underway to join them for the lauch at the Chakan factory in Pune in our Beetles. Cmon guys, lets make a concerted effort to have our cars in good presentable and reliable shape for the drive. We should try our best to turn out in large numbers, it will be a historic occassion.

Kadamji, are you game for a drive from Bangalore to Pune?
Old 6th August 2009, 14:48   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Sometime in November/December Volkswagen India will be launching the New Beetle. Plans are underway to join them for the lauch at the Chakan factory in Pune in our Beetles. Cmon guys, lets make a concerted effort to have our cars in good presentable and reliable shape for the drive. We should try our best to turn out in large numbers, it will be a historic occassion. Kadamji, are you game for a drive from Bangalore to Pune?
Tempt me with good food, I might just drive down from Delhi. Seriously. Only issue if it's in November/December that could be the dampener for me is that we have two exhibitions coming up, ET ACETECH, on 5-8 November in Mumbai and 18-20 December in Delhi, so not available for a week on either side of both. Of course with all the Beetles there already, you may not really want another one joining up. VW might take us all on a Pan-India tour though. If the humble Scagliettis could do it, why not the mighty Veedubs.
Old 6th August 2009, 17:53   #36
BANNED

Quote:
it will be a historic occassion.

Kadamji, are you game for a drive from Bangalore to Pune?
Bangalore-Pune-Chakan-Bangalore

1800 kms round trip

No probs sir, my Beetle can do it.

But what's VW going to do? i mean "sponsor"
Old 10th August 2009, 12:37   #37
BHPian

hey guys iam in ludhiana, and own 3 vw bugs including one 71 super, a vw microbus and another 69 westfalia camperin addition to some non vw vehicles,iam new to bhp guide mw how and where can i post pics, my westfalia is in original paint and interiors i hope u all will be glad to see.
Old 10th August 2009, 13:57   #38
BHPian

Thanks Karl for guiding me to this post..Err Vintage section is not where you would normally see me loitering around!

A great morning out with lots of VWs and a sumptuous breakfast at Mondegar's! And my first drive on the Sea Link! Here are some pics which I got at the rally!

VW Rally In Mumbai-imgp6415.jpg

VW Rally In Mumbai-imgp6418.jpg

VW Rally In Mumbai-imgp6420.jpg

VW Rally In Mumbai-imgp6421.jpg

Name:  IMGP6423.JPG
Views: 380
Size:  68.3 KB

VW Rally In Mumbai-imgp6431.jpg

VW Rally In Mumbai-imgp6432.jpg

VW Rally In Mumbai-imgp6448.jpg

VW Rally In Mumbai-imgp6451.jpg

VW Rally In Mumbai-imgp6452.jpg

And last but definitely not the least,
VW Rally In Mumbai-imgp6453.jpg
Old 10th August 2009, 14:11   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderpalgill View Post
hey guys iam in ludhiana, and own 3 vw bugs including one 71 super, a vw microbus and another 69 westfalia camperin addition to some non vw vehicles,iam new to bhp guide mw how and where can i post pics, my westfalia is in original paint and interiors i hope u all will be glad to see.
Welcome sir. Please do put up some pictures of your cars here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...-india-19.html

A guide to posting photos can be found here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATAL3RROR View Post
A great morning out with lots of VWs and a sumptuous breakfast at Mondegar's! And my first drive on the Sea Link! Here are some pics which I got at the rally!
Thanks Gautam, those are some super pics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks