Team-BHP - Landmaster Project - Part II
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   Landmaster Project - Part II (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/43330-landmaster-project-part-ii-13.html)

This is indeed very bad. when I read about the problems in the paint job, I did not expect it to be this bad. Very sad indeed. What is really painful is the kind of amount been charged for such a lousy job. :Frustrati

This is pathetic to say the least. I have known wayside painters with no infrastructure whatsoever other than a rickety compressor connected to a spray gun with the hose coming of it in regular intervals doing a better job than this.

I only hope the painter responsible for this shoddy job owns up to it and makes amends by redoing the whole car, in a proper manner this time. All this while I had never ever made a remark, am not one to do so, but this is something that really touched me, to see such a shoddy job.

What crappy paint job is this !!!

The painter should hang its head in shame and the workshop should refund. I would not send the car to the same place again, even if they agree to do it for free.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 1035659)
The car has gone in for the AC work again,also, i've taken some pix of the paint problems in the car. The pix are of only a few of the bigger bubbles of the car, whereas, most of the problem is a fine type of rash that i mentioned earlier, but i'm not able to take a clear photo of them, Look closely and one can even spot fingerprints in the paint!!:Frustrati

Apart from the bubbles and fingerprint (and what not), whats with all those scratches? JayD, aren't those blade marks? in which case, the preparation (filler/putty work) was not done properly before applying the first coat of paint. I have seen that happening when some work is done in a hurry and the filler is not given enough curing time.

That looks to me like someone used sub-standard ingredients and even lousy workmanship, finally finished it off with a clear coat to keep the finish glossy and hide the imperfections.

I feel so sorry for you Steer. I am sure now you have access to some honest guys but do let me know if you need assistance with the paint part. I have someone reliable and trustworthy that I can ask to take a look at your car and suggest a remedy (though I doubt if there is an easy one).

aha...i can see a finger print. any experts here to trace the person?? (kidding). hows the car running now?
i don't think i can live with this kind of paint. redo it steer. you have gone this far. car should be ok in all respects.

This is pathetic. Redo the entire paint job Steer as it is a gift for your dad.

This is day light robbery. The workshop involved should refund the money. I think a road side paint shop would have done a better job.

Can we trace the workers involved using a finger print reader?lol:

Never expected the paint job to be this shoddy!!! It looked so nice in the long shots. :(

Here's hoping that Steer can keep his blood pressure under control. Mine is starting to climb. ;)

Llooks like bad preparation and curing in a hurried manner that has cropped up, you dont have to worry about rust yet. If the bubbles start chipping off then you have a potential rust threat at those areas.

After seeing the picture i feel one round of good sunshine and then immediately attending to the painting. In the hands of a professional painter another 10-15 grands worth job. But defenitely doable and really worth it after all the ordeal.

Is there a point in demanding original workshop to take care of it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 1035792)
Is there a point in demanding original workshop to take care of it?

I was gonna suggest that, but given all the bad experience, did not have the heart to ask Steeroid to trust those fellows again.

If only they would care to comment on this thread or the other, but that would be too much to expect out of a garage right?

Oh gawd!!! The last pic - sheet is rusting where metal reinforcements inside joins the outer panel / sheet?? So what explains that shiny look from afar?

I am very sorry - it looks like the paint job is THREE years old - if I use the other older amby i mentioned earlier as a bench mark. Please get it checked, the rusting is not mere bad paint -- it is sheer negligence in doing the preparation work.

Any Advocates here ? is there any possibility of Suing Motorsmits for Daylight robbery and Cheating.

Really sorry to see the state of the paint. And I was thinking that the paint job was the silver lining from the Bangalore leg. My heartfelt sympathies are with you, Steer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by quicksilver (Post 1035693)
Apart from the bubbles and fingerprint (and what not), whats with all those scratches? JayD, aren't those blade marks? in which case, the preparation (filler/putty work) was not done properly before applying the first coat of paint. I have seen that happening when some work is done in a hurry and the filler is not given enough curing time.

Yup! there are a lot of scratches on the car!! Dunno what the reason is though, i thought it must be due to the frequent visits to the workshop it had, but everytime,(that work was done here)I personally made sure that the fender etc were well protected with soft cloth before working on it.

Quote:

That looks to me like someone used sub-standard ingredients and even lousy workmanship, finally finished it off with a clear coat to keep the finish glossy and hide the imperfections.
Eggjaktly, all that shines is not good workmanship!!:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 1035792)
Llooks like bad preparation and curing in a hurried manner that has cropped up, you dont have to worry about rust yet. If the bubbles start chipping off then you have a potential rust threat at those areas.

Oh yes he does, as i said earlier, the pix shown are just the tip of the iceberg, the rust creeping up is not too evident in the pix, so i didn't post them, the pix posted are only of the larger bubbles!

MOTORSMITHS buggers, if u are reading this, and still manage to keep quiet, pls accept my heartfelt thought i have about u guys- U SUCK!!:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 1030672)
LBM-kill and Carpets also to go in .....

Never knew that I am also popular in this part of the forum.

And paint the face of the painter BLACK.

This is a very bad paint job. For the amount of money you paid, the car deserved a factory finish job. I can understand what you may be going through. Have had a similar experience with the paint job on our RX100 where I can see a few drip marks. Although there is a huge difference in the money spent between both of us..... its our hard earned money which is going away.

What I would suggest is a touch up job for the time being, get all the other issues sorted out and then maybe go for a good paintjob next year after the monsoon. And put the point across to the painter that the full amount will be paid only if you are satisfied with the job.