Team-BHP - Landmaster Project - Part II
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   Landmaster Project - Part II (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/43330-landmaster-project-part-ii-8.html)

I think a lot of people in t-BHP are as eager as you, awaiting delivery of this car, I just happen to be first in line. And I am sort of disappointed that there is 11 more days more of waiting involved.

Just keeping my fingers crossed, hoping everything comes out alright this time round.

So when are the Custom Headers , Free flow exhaust ,Cold Air Intakes Gonnna come in ? :D

Before they Install the engine back into the bay get the valve cover Chromed, and the block painted in Red maybe(just a request). Tell them to check the Heat insulation again if there is only thermocole in the engine bay (firewall?), also install a layer of Tar sheet(industrial) and before installation of the engine check if a hole can be made somewhere in the front wheel arch for the previously mentioned CAI clap:.

Man this is gonna be THE hotrod of Kerala.

Did they find out what was wrong with the Engine 1 ? why it was spewing out Smoke like a diesel ? was the previous overheating(with a/c on) problem solved ? how ?

Does anyone know the final drive ratio of the Differential in the Landy(Isuzu Diff) ?

bah...what a project!! is there anything that came off an airplane?? lol.
Lathes, milling, welding, bending, cutting. should be a hot rod defenitely. why don't there be another hill station meet after this??

Quote:

Originally Posted by kutlee (Post 977559)
why don't there be another hill station meet after this??

There will be. We are waiting for Landy 2 and Landy 3 to be ready too - Landy 2 is already undergoing restoration by its very passionate owner, and Landy 3 is being sourced as we speak.

After all this jobs can't you find someone to install the A/C Blower like in the other Landy you guys saw on the way back from b'lore , i.e on the parcel tray behind the seats ? will have to just run a pipe that loong ....could source it from the Tempo Traveler Install kits right ? and if required a bigger condenser.

this could do away with any cutting ,watting to the good ol dash... right ? just the control switch has to be seen , how is the Engine coming ? what is the state of the work right now ?

My mechanic suggested the rear a/c too, but I'm skeptical about freezing the rear passengers' heads. This a/c is quite chilling and keeping it right behind people's heads may not be such a bright idea.

It may also reduce visibility - this car didnt come with ORVMs so you rely 100% on the RVM.

We're dumping the Superking blower and replacing it with 2 small National blowers on either side of the centre console.

All parts (Meter Console, Switch tray, original Trafficators/Semaphores, crank-hole cover, steering wheel, horn ring and tail lamps) are here with me now - will be carrying it down tomorrow. Some pieces may travel to Kerala with Zak tonite.

Great to know you got hold of all the parts.
Eager to see the finished product.

That's just great news,2 national blowers on either side of the console ? wouldn't that cool the private parts and people may even get frostbite, man i remember the cooling from that Superking ...it was Brrr.... to say the least

So everyone will be here for Id Celebrations ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by muneemmk (Post 994266)
That's just great news,2 national blowers on either side of the console ? wouldn't that cool the private parts

he he heeee.... good one!

Well... if the thro from superking blower is powerfull, why not a roof a/c-vent setup for front and
front seat centre consol a/c vent setup for rear!??!!!! Just like the a/c vents used in Buses (for front) and front seat centre consol setup as seen in say Scorpio (for rear)!!!!
hmm.... sure this wud be a tough job.. but then I think it will look elegant and classy!!!!

A 90% hidden a/c!!!!

Steer:)???!!!!

Purrfect .. inganeyengilum ownerinde thaleyonnu thanukkatte....translated as: Let the owner have a cool head.

Vijay

Quote:

Originally Posted by prabhuav (Post 998952)
Purrfect .. inganeyengilum ownerinde thaleyonnu thanukkatte....translated as: Let the owner have a cool head.

Vijay

aaaha!! then it needs an hightech climate control aircon that costs atleast 5L!!!!!:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikkibike (Post 999105)
aaaha!! then it needs an hightech climate control aircon that costs atleast 5L!!!!!:D

Nice to see the II Part of this project snailing but sailing smoothly.

Thats a great thing to achieve, Satisfaction at every moment of Work completion.

Would love to see the Landy finally on Road, finished .cheers:

I see you guys have been having a great time at my expense.

@ PK - no work hasnt been snailing along. In fact all work is complete and they were waiting for me to come down with the steering (needed to do the milling on the head), the meter console and switchtray (needs to be put in first before they can decide how best to reinstall the a/c) and some other bits.

The paint at the back has to be redone after they closed the extra holes that were used to mount the Bajaj Autorickshaw taillamps and put the original taillamps back.

Original trafficators are mounted and working perfectly.

Brass/Bronze work on exterior trim and nickelwork on the bumpers are complete and fitted back.

We got the original crankhole cover from the Morris Isis so it now carries an 'M' on the crankhole cover.

Unfortunatley the 'M' piece on the steering wheel cracked in transit so we have a steering wheel with no centerpiece. NEED TO FIND ONE, hopefully this wont be as difficult to find as the steeringwheel itself.

The steering wheel presented a problem as the old steering was designed with a hold in the center to take the wires for horns and turn indicators - rerouting the wiring from the steering-column mounted stalks became a bit of aproblem but has been resolved.

Car will be ready next week. Except for air-conditioning....

Good progress! Steer, please post the pics after the car has been finished!

Any performance mods coming up ? and what about the ICE ?