Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2009, 10:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers

TBHPians,

I'm starting this thread to discuss anything about the Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers another 2stroke beauty from Royal Enfield in India.

We have seen some discussion about this bike in Sherpa, Suvega threads and few would have already noticed my post in one of these threads withthe original manual cover that shows the actul bike's picture. But today here is the fully mint conditioned Royal Enfield Crusader's picture for all of your automobile hungry eyes.

Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-image026.jpg

Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-image027.jpg

Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-image028.jpg

Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-image029.jpg

Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-image030.jpg

Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-image031.jpg
Not to forget, this bike is not owned by me. I have encounterd to see this bike in my home town.

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th April 2009 at 12:42. Reason: No need to center pics. Thanks.
trammway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2009, 21:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Crusader returns to my garage

Guys,

Once again there is a Royal Enfield Crusader at my Garage. This time complete original Crusader has been placed along with other bikes. Here is the pictures of my new Crusader, I'm posting it as it will stand as a reference for the original crusader if anyone in the future trying to restore a crusader.
Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-image024.jpg
Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-image030.jpg
Here is few highlight parts which looks unique on crusader:

1. There is a ignition stop button on the battery box side walls and it is still working on my bike.
Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-image032.jpg
2. Unique Silencer looks like the rocket silencer of Thrunderbird but this is smaller
Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-image029.jpg
3. A flower nut is seen on the exhaust port of cylinder this is an idea I think borrowed from JAWA.
Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-image031.jpg
4. Chock handle on the right side handlebar, this is something similar to the old Royal Enfield bullets
Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-image026.jpg
There is a TVS 50 like handle bar switch console and head light switch on the headlight dome are also seen.
Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-image027.jpg
Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-image028.jpg

Ok, now for other Royal Enfield Crusader lovers, I also found one more Crusader for sale with really good engine and almost all original parts except exhaust and side box crusader monograms. This bike is available with Life time tax, any one interested pm me I can help you getting it. This bike is in a remote village and the owner stood 9K budget as I took other full complete I didn't take this bike. I have a video clip showing the engine running with the cam cap opened view of this bike on sale board. [Please note that the crusader pictures posted above are my crusader's pictures, and the one picture below is the bike which is carrying sale board, the owner stated he got the tank shield and monograms intact]

Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-image019.jpg
Old 22nd May 2009, 17:52   #3
BHPian

Hi!
I have a Crusader too, still shod in its original paint. The engine's a little slacking though, with some very faint piston slap present.

I would really appreciate it if you could help me obtain a workshop manual for the little Enfield. All my efforts have yielded nothing.

Thanks and regards,
Kyle Pereira
Old 22nd May 2009, 23:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylohere View Post
Hi!
I have a Crusader too, still shod in its original paint. The engine's a little slacking though, with some very faint piston slap present.

I would really appreciate it if you could help me obtain a workshop manual for the little Enfield. All my efforts have yielded nothing.

Thanks and regards,
Kyle Pereira

Not sure if I can get you a workshop manual, but I can help you getting the original IPL rings for your pistons that develops the slapping noise. I will tell you tomorrow about the sized present in my collection of crusader rings.
Old 23rd May 2009, 01:31   #5
BHPian

At first look it looks a like a Rajdoot. Timeless design awesome bike.
Old 17th June 2009, 22:02   #6
BHPian

Here is my recent find RE Crusader, got the front mudguard and tail light.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-dsc00378.jpg  

Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-dsc00379.jpg  

Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-dsc00400.jpg  

Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-dsc00401.jpg  

Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-dsc00396.jpg  

Old 17th June 2009, 22:13   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
Here is my recent find RE Crusader, got the front mudguard and tail light.

Girish, Congratulations for the new find. I think you need the choke handle on the right side of handle bar, it is same as the old bullets. Hence you should not find it difficult to source it.

Also get the horn button console changed, the one currently seen in the bike is of Rajdoot stuff.

Last edited by trammway : 17th June 2009 at 22:14.
Old 17th June 2009, 23:11   #8
BHPian

Thanks Siva,

I have not seen the bike yet, its in Bangalore with Sidman and Arun,
I will try to get all non-original parts changed later.

Thanks to Sidman and Arun to get me this beauty.
Old 17th June 2009, 23:27   #9
BHPian

Congrats Girish. The first two pics have the original rear shox and then changed in the later pics to a newer one. Another thing is you need to get the Enfield India tank monograms, like the one in the first picture of this page.

cheers
Old 23rd June 2009, 21:50   #10
Senior - BHPian

Villiers carb

Here is the picture of Villiers carburetor used in Enfield India Crusader, Sherpa and Fantabulous vehicles.

Though there was a minimal change in the carburetor area where air filter attached to Crusader and Sherpa bikes.

Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-image042.jpg

Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-image044.jpg
Old 23rd June 2009, 23:47   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats girish!

'glad you finally got to pick her up! 'hope you get the missing parts soon!

And now even I'm beginning to feel drawn towards this bike!

'has the appeal of the RE 350, yet less "bulkier" than the latter......just the kind of bike I'd like!

'will go for it when my pocket permits! But in my case, after I'm married, a Saree-guard would be a must! Would one from a larger RE bike fit on this?
Old 11th August 2009, 21:53   #12
BHPian

There was one for sale in mysore. Bike was completly redone. looked very nice. He had put a micarb in place of the original. quoted 45k.
Old 8th December 2009, 22:26   #13
BHPian

I found this Crusader over the weekend. This was put up on Ebay. Guess some of you might have seen it. I am thinking of picking it up, but what would be a good price? Secondlly and more importantly, the bike is not in running order. It needs a complete restoration. Engine does not seem to be seized up, but the bike overall needs a lot of attention otherwise. No idea what mystery is hidden in the gearbox! But one good thing is that this bike is almost entirely original British make - including the rims, engine, carburetor etc. The main question I have is on the restorability of this one. Trammway, Girish, Stanher, Arun, Sidman and anyone else, please suggest. Some parts it clearly needs are - new seat, silencer, rear foot pegs, "crusader" badges on the sides, one "royal enfield" piece on the tank. Do you folks feel I will be able to find these, and the biggest gamble would be with the gearbox though.. Coming to think of the silencer, guess a Jawa silencer may work.. not sure though. Suggestions on buy / don't buy, source for spares, mechanic?
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-crusader_1.jpg  

Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-crusader_2.jpg  

Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-crusader_3.jpg  

Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-crusader_5.jpg  

Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-crusader_6.jpg  

Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-crusader_7.jpg  

Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-crusader_8.jpg  

Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-crusader_9.jpg  

Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-crusader_10.jpg  

Royal Enfield Crusader 175cc Villers-crusader_11.jpg  

Old 10th December 2009, 19:50   #14
BHPian

Hi folks, think I have decided to go for this one, but will still need a lot of help in terms of tips and guidance in restoring this one. Btw, those who have Crusaders (Trammway, Girish PV, others..) can you send me some pictures of the silencer? Some details on the diameter, length etc would also be helpful, because guess I might have to get one fabricated if I cannot find a ready new / old one. And in case you guys run into a spare silencer, badges, foot pegs, and any other spares for Crusader, keep me on speed-dial.

Cheers,
Avinash
Old 11th December 2009, 09:33   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace_hillman View Post
Hi folks, think I have decided to go for this one, but will still need a lot of help in terms of tips and guidance in restoring this one. Btw, those who have Crusaders (Trammway, Girish PV, others..) can you send me some pictures of the silencer? Some details on the diameter, length etc would also be helpful, because guess I might have to get one fabricated if I cannot find a ready new / old one. And in case you guys run into a spare silencer, badges, foot pegs, and any other spares for Crusader, keep me on speed-dial.

Cheers,
Avinash

Hi,

You can buy this bike if the price quoted is less. Remember the tank badges suppose to wear Enfield not Royal Enfield.

Will send more pics on the bike very soon.

You need seat, badges, silencer and good painting, points and condenser and also check what is the condition of the engine. I hope it could crank.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks