Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2009, 09:58   #16

this is when I took the C50 to the workshop to get overhauled , get the wireing checked and got a new battery fitted .
Attached Thumbnails
Restoration of my father's 1969 honda c50-280708_1615.jpg  

Restoration of my father's 1969 honda c50-280708_1624.jpg  

Restoration of my father's 1969 honda c50-280708_1628.jpg  

Restoration of my father's 1969 honda c50-280708_1629.jpg  

Restoration of my father's 1969 honda c50-280708_1622.jpg  

Restoration of my father's 1969 honda c50-280708_1659.jpg  

Restoration of my father's 1969 honda c50-280708_1708.jpg  

Restoration of my father's 1969 honda c50-280708_1711.jpg  

Restoration of my father's 1969 honda c50-280708_1721.jpg  

samhassnn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2009, 11:16   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhassnn View Post
the shop is located in lahore and I will be in lahore in about 2 weeks I will let you know for sure.
regards,
That would be or real help. Thank you.

Cheers
Old 30th April 2009, 13:25   #18
BANNED

Samhassnn few guys in eBay sells NOS parts for these small wonders, they are mostly from Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia etc, search for it or evening will post some links over here. Get it if importing parts is not an issue in your country.
Old 1st May 2009, 02:36   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
That would be or real help. Thank you.

Cheers
No problem at all I will surely give it a shot

regards.
Old 1st May 2009, 02:39   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Samhassnn few guys in eBay sells NOS parts for these small wonders, they are mostly from Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia etc, search for it or evening will post some links over here. Get it if importing parts is not an issue in your country.
Yes thankyou for letting me know! I had checked on ebay before I went to buy parts , although it is not a problem at all to import small things like the parts for the C50 it was better if i bought the parts In Pakistan because they are readily available and much more affordable then the ones on ebay .

regards,
Old 1st May 2009, 11:39   #21
BHPian

Great Going !

Hey Sam,

This is great going! Salaam-alekum to abba-jaan from yours truly

I love this spirit as I am doing it for my Dad as well.

I do look forward to that day and age when the borders between us will open up like the Berlin Wall and we will be able to travel to Lahore and you will be able to meet us in Delhi or we can have a drive at the Wagah! That will be THE DAY!

Meanwhile you are doing a great job and I like the fact that you have kept some cosmetics original - specially because those parts were in a position that you could keep them that way. It enhances the value of the restoration in my opinion if every thing is working to its pristine condition and only some cosmetics are vintage originals.

So is this machine completely road-worthy now?

have you taken your Dad for a spin on this and seen the glint in his eyes?

When I work on my machine in my back - yard Dad comes and joins me with a 2 cups of Tea and we love it.

May God be with you in your exams and otherwise!

Cheers!

Saurabh
Old 2nd May 2009, 05:02   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA7VA5 View Post
Hey Sam,

This is great going! Salaam-alekum to abba-jaan from yours truly

I love this spirit as I am doing it for my Dad as well.

I do look forward to that day and age when the borders between us will open up like the Berlin Wall and we will be able to travel to Lahore and you will be able to meet us in Delhi or we can have a drive at the Wagah! That will be THE DAY!

Meanwhile you are doing a great job and I like the fact that you have kept some cosmetics original - specially because those parts were in a position that you could keep them that way. It enhances the value of the restoration in my opinion if every thing is working to its pristine condition and only some cosmetics are vintage originals.

So is this machine completely road-worthy now?

have you taken your Dad for a spin on this and seen the glint in his eyes?

When I work on my machine in my back - yard Dad comes and joins me with a 2 cups of Tea and we love it.

May God be with you in your exams and otherwise!

Cheers!

Saurabh

HI !!
good to see you back in action.Yes I to sincerely hope of better times to come . though we can still drive up to Wagah it definitely would be better if the gates were open. Thank you for the comment , I had a tough time deciding if I should get it repainted or not in the end I decided to go with the original some wax took care of the small blemishes and made the c50 look much cleaner so the original paint it was . even though one can put a money value on my father’s c50 for me and probably him as well it is priceless all the good times he must have had with it not to forget those college days which become part of some of the nicest memories etched in one’s mind . I really appreciate my father helping me restore the cub as we used to go to the motorbike shop together to look for parts and talk about past memories of the cub. Yes the scooter is very road worthy now and loads of fun runs flawlessly, sadly though Dad wasn’t to keen on jumping on the bike and becoming 16 again never the less I could see the explosion of happiness in him when I brought it back home . haha to tell you the truth dad was quiet annoyed with my fondness for the C50 as I spent countless hours “that I could have used to study” either fine-tuning things or cleaning her up . Thank you for the wishes and may you always be happy in life and enjoy the good times with your father as it’s a priceless bond of father and son.

Regards,
Sam

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks