Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2009, 18:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

I support Ajay99 on this. The Lowlight was indeed made upto 1950. Mr. Kadam's car has to be of that vintage.

From the external shape, Mr Kadam's car looks to be a Series MM. If it was a 1950-52 Series MM car, this is what it would probably look like (the pic has been posted by me in some other thread earlier):
Attached Thumbnails
My Morris Minor 1000 restoration & i need help finding a donor car!-image096.jpg  

Old 18th August 2009, 18:26   #17
BHPian

Srikrishna,

I will give you a set of HUBCAPS when I meet you next week.

cheers
Old 18th August 2009, 23:32   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
kadamji,

Hope this clears all doubts .
also please check your facts before you LAUGH !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by classico View Post
Now it appears that pavan kadams morris minor is having the wrong documents?
Or is it the other way round?
Not when i answer one person two times.

Thanks for the info, but anyways i am more interested in the Car rather than its documentation during my restoration process.

Mr. Bangalore- any information would help, Thank you.
Old 19th August 2009, 14:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Not when i answer one person two times.

Thanks for the info, but anyways i am more interested in the Car rather than its documentation during my restoration process.

Mr. Bangalore- any information would help, Thank you.
I did not understand what you really mean by that " 2 times""
But at least accept the fact that there was no MORRIS MINOR LOWLITE in 1953!!.
Old 22nd August 2009, 00:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this well kept Morris 1000 from Hotel Woodlands, Bangalore. Its parked in front of the main lobby.
Attached Thumbnails
My Morris Minor 1000 restoration & i need help finding a donor car!-12082009002.jpg  

Old 22nd August 2009, 02:05   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Spotted this well kept Morris 1000 from Hotel Woodlands, Bangalore. Its parked in front of the main lobby.
Sorry but its not a 1000 but an early "lowlite" minor, with a side-valve engine.

By the looks of it, it appears to be a chopped hardtop. Also not to mention that unwanted retro-fit air-horn!
Otherwise nice condition though!

Last edited by Stanher : 22nd August 2009 at 02:09.
Old 22nd August 2009, 09:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Sorry but its not a 1000 but an early "lowlite" minor, with a side-valve engine.

By the looks of it, it appears to be a chopped hardtop. Also not to mention that unwanted retro-fit air-horn!
Otherwise nice condition though!
Thank you for correcting me. Ya I too felt that air-horn is unwanted fitment.
Old 23rd August 2009, 14:10   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
Truly said SIR, plenty of Morris in Sri Lanka.

There is one guy from Coimbatore or nearby, he often makes business visits to Sri Lanka and get some parts too, may be Powertwin know this guy ?

cheers
Ganesha chaturthi wishes !! GIRISH:
Yes, his name is Mr.Ganesh ( once a Tourist Cab operator) he collected some parts for Morrios & Benz cars from in & out of Colombo,
( all old stock,....mostly o.e., or some decent after market parts)
But almost all Brit Car parts are exhausted at Colombo, only some Jap parts of '70 s cars & LCV s (Datsun, Toyota Cruiser etc., are there.....but doesnt worth at this juncture .
@ Ajay Sir : After market Indian parts are there for all latest LCV s & Two wheelars only
: Friends please don't believe about guys spreading false news about " Availability of Yamaha RD 350 parts at Srilanka"
All Stories....Check some of the Srilankan Track drivers ( obviously Enthusiasts to!!) who often race at " Kari Speed way" Coimbatore
Old 24th August 2009, 12:39   #24

Thanks all for your inputs

Happy Ganesha Chathurthi to all of you.

Thanks all for your updates, just uploading a few more pictures of my car, looking forward for more advises from you guys. I am having problems with finding the overflow needle and float, rear shock absorbers arms (they are missing from the day I bought this car ) & a set of front door handles as of now. I had been to Shivajinagar scrap yard but the problem with the people out there is they say they have the spares and when I go there to their shop they will say I just sold it and they need time to get those parts, if they have those parts the asking is as good as importing a new one from UK. Also had been to a spares shop in Bangalore named JADSONS wherein I could find the overflow needle, but that seems to be quite different from the one I have in my car. Can some one please advise if any shops in Mumbai or Bangalore or Chennai, deal with Morris Minor Car Spares so that I can visit them and get the necessary parts when the restoration process is on.

Srikrishna Shirali
Attached Thumbnails
My Morris Minor 1000 restoration & i need help finding a donor car!-img_0076.jpg  

My Morris Minor 1000 restoration & i need help finding a donor car!-img_0077.jpg  

My Morris Minor 1000 restoration & i need help finding a donor car!-img_0072.jpg  

My Morris Minor 1000 restoration & i need help finding a donor car!-img_0078.jpg  

Old 24th August 2009, 14:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

best of luck for your restoration. waiting to see the final one.
Old 31st August 2009, 13:25   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
Srikrishna,

I will give you a set of HUBCAPS when I meet you next week.

cheers
Hello Girish,

Could you please send me your contact details to my email, its srikrishna.shirali@gmail.com or you can also call me on 98803 55000. Looking forward for your call / email.

Regards
Srikrishna
Old 3rd January 2010, 00:02   #27

@Srikrishnashira,
Your best bet for affordable original parts would be ESM. Here is how you could reach them
Morris Minor Parts - E.S.M. Spares

You car surely has the potential, seems like a 1961/62 1098. Good to see the original Dynamo (quite rate). Scraping off the 50 year old dust and rust in the engine bay would be a tough one, but will pay back eventually. I hope you are doing a complete resto which includes the rebuilding of suspension and brakes. A caveat, Minor 1000 is notorious for king pin failures and the brakes are highly unreliable. The best remedy is to adopt disk brakes from Morris Marina, if available in India. Its a bolt on job - no alternations required.
Happy Resto

You will note that some of the badges are not appropriate for the year. I have already ordered some parts including a pair of indicator lapms, speedo cable etc from ESM. Will install them when I visit home next
Attached Thumbnails
My Morris Minor 1000 restoration & i need help finding a donor car!-87571.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd January 2010 at 00:21. Reason: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote instead. Thanks
Old 3rd January 2010, 03:15   #28

the white 62 above is mine - cant wait to take it out for a spin when I visit home (Islamabad) next.
Old 4th January 2010, 02:18   #29

In my earlier post, I erroneously wrote "1098CC" this should be 948CC
Old 5th November 2010, 18:07   #30
BHPian

Any updates on this thread??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks