Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2010, 11:26   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzbala View Post
you can try benz motors in chennai where they have abundant stock of spares for 123/124. even if they dont have, they are able to get it done in a couple of days time and moreover they dont supply cheap spares as far as i've been getting it from them.
if you want their contact info, i can provide you through pm
hi Benzbala, thank you for the info, and yes please send me their contact info. thank very much.
Old 11th June 2010, 20:12   #17
BHPian

Found them!!! i finally found the front grille and bosch headlight for the W123. a friend asked around in chennai and found a man who said he had them.. he went down to see the parts and they were brand new ones...the man quoted 10,000 for the headlight and 8000 for the grill.so today i flew down to chennai to check them out. i'm gonna get them tomorrow and i'm not sure if the price is right. so guys shower in your inputs about the price.
cheers.
saud.
Old 25th August 2010, 18:37   #18
BANNED

There is one imported car parts (used) shop in coimbatore, it is in townhall area, where i had seen lots of mercedes lights and wheel cups, grills etc, even shocks. I have some spares for vintage cars.

the shop is located in the road from marakadai to town hall road (on left side) there wont be any name, but you can see different spares hanging outside.
Old 10th January 2014, 13:28   #19
BHPian

Re: Please Help to find spares for Mercedes Benz 123 series.

Could any of the members from Gujarat please point out if there is some place in the state where W123 parts can be sourced from?
Old 10th January 2014, 14:24   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowMan View Post
Could any of the members from Gujarat please point out if there is some place in the state where W123 parts can be sourced from?
Its freely available in Mumbai.
Check the w124 support group thread. Most shops listed there will also stock w123 parts. You can post specific queries (parts details) there.
Old 10th January 2014, 17:22   #21
BHPian

Thanks for the information Vikram but I was looking for something closer home. In any case I do not mind having to come to Mumbai if I can find genuine parts. Does any of the shops in Mumbai run a mail order service.

I have heard some references on this form for http://www.gsfcarparts.com/ but could not find any first hand accounts or reports regarding this route.

As of now I am still scouting for a car so there are no exact requirements but I want to set the supply chain beforehand.
Old 10th January 2014, 18:26   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowMan View Post
Thanks for the information Vikram but I was looking for something closer home. In any case I do not mind having to come to Mumbai if I can find genuine parts. Does any of the shops in Mumbai run a mail order service.

I have heard some references on this form for http://www.gsfcarparts.com/ but could not find any first hand accounts or reports regarding this route.

As of now I am still scouting for a car so there are no exact requirements but I want to set the supply chain beforehand.
Yes, they'll ship. I use this guy for all my needs. Maganlal stores opera house 022-23826081. He'll accept money via bank transfers. Talk to him and discuss.

Old mercs are reliable. Buy a good car to start with, so that you do not have to scout for rare parts. A good car will rarely need anything apart from routine service.
Regular parts and consumables are easily available. Don't worry about it at all.

In emergency situations (which won't really come), Ahmedabad in just overnight away from Mumbai. Any member here will hand over the part to a bus wallah who"ll give it to you.

To Repeat, Just find a good car + decent mechanic and enjoy the w123 forever.

Last edited by vikramvicky1984 : 10th January 2014 at 18:30.
vikramvicky1984 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2014, 18:10   #23
BHPian

This is great information Vikram - Thanks.

And let me also acknowledge your PM but I am not able to send any PM's yet. But I hope you understand that I plan to look for a W123 only :-)

By the way let me share with you that I plan to maintain the car DIY.
Old 28th July 2015, 19:43   #24
BHPian

Hi Guys, Sorry for bumping this old thread but I am looking for spare parts of Mercedes Benz W204. It is basically the battery cover which also hols the air heating ducts above the battery. Can someone please recommend any place to purchase it? See the video in this link and the battery cover is what I am talking about

Old 29th July 2015, 19:57   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyf1 View Post
Hi Guys, Sorry for bumping this old thread but I am looking for spare parts of Mercedes Benz W204. It is basically the battery cover which also hols the air heating ducts above the battery. Can someone please recommend any place to purchase it? See the video in this link and the battery cover is what I am talking about
The W204 got phased out very recently.

In this case, your local Mercedes Benz dealer (as your location is Bombay- the dealers would be Shaman or Autohangar) would be the best bet.

Kindly visit the local dealers. Alternatively, visit Opera House. You might find some leads there.
FINTAIL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 20:02   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
The W204 got phased out very recently.

In this case, your local Mercedes Benz dealer (as your location is Bombay- the dealers would be Shaman or Autohangar) would be the best bet.

Kindly visit the local dealers. Alternatively, visit Opera House. You might find some leads there.
That was my way of approach, I contacted Auto hangar and they quoted me 4600 with 450 Rs as fitting charges. the part is not in stock so I had to pay in a deposit. the part is called Battery Cover Air Intake Housing and the link below is the actual part. For reference, the MB part number is A2048303403.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-C...-/221673171102
mattyf1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2015, 16:38   #27

Fellow BHPians,

I am looking to buy a used airmatic pump for a W 220, 2001 Mercedes S320. Can someone please direct me to the right place to buy. Preffered locations are Delhi(NCR) or Bangalore.

But if shipping is an option , i am more than happy to buy from anywhere

thanks a ton!
Saakaar
Old 25th July 2016, 18:55   #28

Hello everyone. I bought w140 S320 recently and facing kick down problem. I am from Punjab and can anyone help to find the good Mechanic in Punjab or in delhi.
Someone told me Patel mercedes is best.
Please help.
Old 13th June 2017, 17:33   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzbala View Post
you can try benz motors in chennai where they have abundant stock of spares for 123/124. even if they dont have, they are able to get it done in a couple of days time and moreover they dont supply cheap spares as far as i've been getting it from them.
if you want their contact info, i can provide you through pm
Is this located in Pudupet?
Could you please PM me their telephone number?

A quick search on google threw up many similar sounding names, hence am a bit unsure.

Thanks in advance!
Old 12th November 2018, 14:09   #30
GRV
BHPian

Looking for W 204 Transmission control unit

Hi ,
I need to replace TCU in my W 204 (2012 model, Petrol). Any recommendation where can I get one from (dealer is quoting 200k plus) . I live in NCR but Mumabi would not be a a problem

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks